Page 47 of 60 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: To low success-rate on 3 Stars after the new Update

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #461
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post

It's not a problem for you - according to you, and therefore you just assume the whole world is spamming with QW? Not so nice...
    Remember, he uses a different definition of Spam to everybody else here.

With his definition, QW is in itself spam, because it is heavily used.
    Last edited by Ajax; June 2nd, 2020 at 12:12 PM.

Been playing for 5 years. Constant pendulum of back and forth. They will build defense up strong which makes the average players want to stop playing. Then they drop the big offensive update that many people will gem to boost up their offense that little bit that makes the game fun again. You will ride that wave until the next update. Then they will castrate whatever was introduced in the name of balancing the game (After we all gemmed the upgrades and they were purposefully overpowered). If you played for a long time you know what I mean (witches, bats, lavas, siege machines.....) Cycle repeats over and over and makes them tons of money. Strategic marketing on their part, bad for us when the pendulum is on the defensive heavy side.

Quote Originally Posted by DChiLL View Post
    Been playing for 5 years. Constant pendulum of back and forth. They will build defense up strong which makes the average players want to stop playing. Then they drop the big offensive update that many people will gem to boost up their offense that little bit that makes the game fun again. You will ride that wave until the next update. Then they will castrate whatever was introduced in the name of balancing the game (After we all gemmed the upgrades and they were purposefully overpowered). If you played for a long time you know what I mean (witches, bats, lavas, siege machines.....) Cycle repeats over and over and makes them tons of money. Strategic marketing on their part, bad for us when the pendulum is on the defensive heavy side.
    Been playing for close to 7 years, while I agree the cycle keeps repeating, but I don't believe SC keep repeating that cycle for the sake of making money because not all players are spending big money on this game. Yes, SC wants to make money, just not the way you are claiming it to be.

You see, if SC didn't create new contents (new TH, new troops like Witches, Bats, E-Drags, Yetis, Siege Machine), players will leave the game. The main objective of creating new contents is to make players stay, regardless players are spending money or no.t
    Then with each new contents, there will always be players smart enough to use the new contents to their advantage, creating new OP meta and making the game unbalanced. This is unavoidable.

Since there is a new OP meta, SC have to step in and make the game balance again by nerfing the troops/spells or buffing the defense. If SC didn't do so, more players will quit rather than staying. So this again main objective is to make players stay, regardless the players are spending money or isn't.

FYI, I never spend a single cent on this game. But if SC hadn't done what they did to make the game balance, I won't be still playing this game.

Kind of like I mentioned a couple weeks ago, those who have been playing Clash long enough should be aware of this swing from offense, to defense, and back again. It has been consistent for years, which makes bickering about balance (assuming nothing is truly broken) a moot point in my eye.

I swear there was a thread just like this with th 12...I know I specifically had back and forth with 2222 in regards to added camp and Hero levels, which we eventually got.

I wouldnít be surprised if we get those in the future as well with TH 13, Iím not against that btw, I mostly donít care either way. As long as the game is the same for everyone itís fair.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClanimals View Post
    Kind of like I mentioned a couple weeks ago, those who have been playing Clash long enough should be aware of this swing from offense, to defense, and back again. It has been consistent for years, which makes bickering about balance (assuming nothing is truly broken) a moot point in my eye.

I swear there was a thread just like this with th 12...I know I specifically had back and forth with 2222 in regards to added camp and Hero levels, which we eventually got.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get those in the future as well with TH 13, I’m not against that btw, I mostly don’t care either way. As long as the game is the same for everyone it’s fair.
    It wouldn't surprise me if we did have that conversation, though admittedly I think th13 is better balanced than th12 and way better balanced than th11. I think it is close to perfect and just needs a slight offensive nudge to turn 95% time fails into 3 stars like they were earlier in th13. It was a lot of fun. I don't hate it now, though. 3 stars still happen even for us mere mortals, unlike when th11 was max.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Been playing for close to 7 years, while I agree the cycle keeps repeating, but I don't believe SC keep repeating that cycle for the sake of making money because not all players are spending big money on this game. Yes, SC wants to make money, just not the way you are claiming it to be.

You see, if SC didn't create new contents (new TH, new troops like Witches, Bats, E-Drags, Yetis, Siege Machine), players will leave the game. The main objective of creating new contents is to make players stay, regardless players are spending money or no.t
    Then with each new contents, there will always be players smart enough to use the new contents to their advantage, creating new OP meta and making the game unbalanced. This is unavoidable.

Since there is a new OP meta, SC have to step in and make the game balance again by nerfing the troops/spells or buffing the defense. If SC didn't do so, more players will quit rather than staying. So this again main objective is to make players stay, regardless the players are spending money or isn't.

FYI, I never spend a single cent on this game. But if SC hadn't done what they did to make the game balance, I won't be still playing this game.
    They definitely need to make money I understand that. But every time something new comes out you know itís always overpowered. Then 4-8 weeks later they nerf it. I love the new stuff it keeps the game fresh. But donít fool yourself they know exactly what they are doing 😉

They definitely need to make money I understand that. But every time something new comes out you know it’s always overpowered. Then 4-8 weeks later they nerf it. I love the new stuff it keeps the game fresh. But don’t fool yourself they know exactly what they are doing 
    It's hard to hit the balance right with a new unit/spell, their testing team is really small compared to the whole playerbase and it's likely that the millions of players find a way to utilize the new stuff in a way the testers didn't think about.

Also there are probably just as many examples of troops/spells that got buffed afterwards or didn't change much since release. Players are just butthurt if their new toy gets a nerf and that's what stays in their mind. People remember negative things more than positive things, that's just how our minds work

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Remember, he uses a different definition of Spam to everybody else here.

With his definition, QW is in itself spam, because it is heavily used.
    Spam is misused by most people, and even more by him.

Once in a while I do see a true spam attack: Troops are dropped with hardly any funneling, at one side of the base, and player hopes that things work out well. Sometimes it even does, but most of the time it is a 2 star (or even a one).

Many people call attacks like yeti smash or electro dragon/loon spam attacks, and I do understand why. They are not surgical after all. However, the difference between a 1/2 star or a nice triple is skill based. Predict pathing, funnel, use the right spell at the right spot. That is why yeti smash (or electro loon) triple in the hands of the right player, despite people thinking it is mindless spam.

Now back to the triple rate: currently I am in a champions 3 cwl, and I do admit the triple rate is low. However, this is cwl, so all fresh hits. Giving the offense a slight buff would improve the triple rate here, but we have to be very careful how that reflects on regular wars. Where currently an estimate of 1/3th of the TH13 bases get tripled. When that gets to 50% it is still doable, but it should not get higher then that: Triples should remain a challenge.

One last thing: It is not that if the triple rate for us mortals go up by 15%, the elite attackers get perfect wars: Yes they attack way better, but the bases they are up against are also way better. That is why the triple rate in ESL is not much better then the triple rate in my clan.

They definitely need to make money I understand that. But every time something new comes out you know it’s always overpowered. Then 4-8 weeks later they nerf it. I love the new stuff it keeps the game fresh. But don’t fool yourself they know exactly what they are doing 
    While this is a fun theory, it isn't true. Not long ago a moderator went through a nice (but still probably partial) list of new offensive things added to the game that were not only not OP, they were underpowered. With a relatively small testing team it is sort of expected that in order to make it strong enough based on their testing, there is a good chance it could end up too strong once millions of "tests" start happening.

I do agree with the summary that the offense/defense balance swings back and forth. That happens for sure. It especially happens when SC releases a bunch of offense upgrades with defense upgrades since it is easier/faster to max an offense and then the defense catches up later. I don't agree with the theory that they intentionally release a troop/spell that is faulty so that they later have to nerf it.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if we did have that conversation, though admittedly I think th13 is better balanced than th12 and way better balanced than th11. I think it is close to perfect and just needs a slight offensive nudge to turn 95% time fails into 3 stars like they were earlier in th13. It was a lot of fun. I don't hate it now, though. 3 stars still happen even for us mere mortals, unlike when th11 was max.
    I respectfully disagree here. I had a much easier time 3 starring at TH 11 and TH 12 than I do at TH 13.