Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a favour from a Champions League 1 clan

Centennial Club

Need a favour from a Champions League 1 clan

Hi all.

I've been in the same clan for 5 years but I want to buy the Champions Statue with the 2000 league medals I've saved but your clan needs to be in Champions League 1 and my casual clan is never going to get there.

Is there a clan in champ 1 which would let me join briefly to buy it and then leave again?

Ta.
    Last edited by bombfrog; April 13th, 2020 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Typo

Forum Champion
    I would be surprised if anyone takes you up on this. Clans in Champs 1 work hard to get to the top league. Purchasing that statue is meant to be a trophy of sorts to display on your base denoting the aforementioned hard work. Why should you get the statue if you haven’t put in the work?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    I would be surprised if anyone takes you up on this. Clans in Champs 1 work hard to get to the top league. Purchasing that statue is meant to be a trophy of sorts to display on your base denoting the aforementioned hard work. Why should you get the statue if you haven’t put in the work?
    Maybe they are maxed and have nothing else to use the medals on.

Quote Originally Posted by Popovichtown View Post
    mate, you been round long enough to know trophies are sacred..
    It isnt a question of why OP desires one, it is more why should someone own one without the entitlement..

They released the old skins which received a better reception than I expected, but still some were miffed that they cheapened them..
    They could release the old decorations and make some money, whilst appeasing those that either didnt or couldnt obtain or retain them originally.. eg Xmas tree from 2012 ( game only available on IOS at the time)..
    But imagine the horror amongst those that carry that rare obstacle..

i agree with Bigdome.. Human nature will likely decree that OP's request goes unfulfilled..
    Some things in life are above love, money, or even league medals.

Centennial Club
    That's a shame.

I'm in a clan with friends I've known for 20 years so I don't play the game with strangers and I don't want to switch to a better clan on a long term basis just to get statues. I've earned the medals to buy it by winning my battles in CWL so I feel I've earned the right to buy the statue. Unfortunately I can't make the rest of my clan better at warring so unless I just to a clan of strangers I'll never be able to buy it.

Hopefully somebody will take pity on my. I can't see why anybody else would care as it costs them nothing.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    Why should you get the statue if you haven’t put in the work?
    How have I not put in the work? I've taken all my attacks in every CWL since they started and I've earned all the medals. What a strange comment.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Popovichtown View Post
    And yes, I was maxed and am nearly maxed again so no point in buying hammers and such. I can't even give them away. I have to refuse the bonus medals after CWL now because I have 2500 and can't spend them.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by bombfrog View Post
    How have I not put in the work? I've taken all my attacks in every CWL since they started and I've earned all the medals. What a strange comment.
    I think you misunderstand what “putting in the work” means. it isnt about maxxing your base, it isnt about attacking In CWL. It is about being in a clan that has earned through CWL promotion to be in Champs level CWL. You havent earned that, you are asking to join a high level clan for a few minutes simply so you can buy a decoration without even having the skills to compete at that level. you may have the skills but you arent asking to join a high level clan because of those skills, in fact, you dont really want to join their clan at all, you want to stay in your clan....the same clan that has NOT earned the right to purchase that particular decoration.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by bombfrog View Post
    Actually (and I agree with Tosti) it isnt a strange comment.. in fact it is quite natural.

Within the game, as with most things, there are certain achievements that cant be obtained without firstly achieving the necessary pre requisites..
    the Champion statue is one of such items.. it is a status symbol.. they are the elite players in the game..

I dont really care about aesthetics, but I do know many do.. and even those that are at the level and dont purchase themselves, will likely still frown upon such a request..

The pecking order must be observed..
    Once you get another few hundred posts under your belt, you will have learned some valuable lessons about human behaviour just by hanging around forum..
    Humans are an interesting species, to say the least mate.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    without even having the skills to compete at that level.
    How do you know I don't have the skills? Maybe I've won 3 stars in every attack I've ever done in CWL and always against maxed opponents because I'm the number 1 player in my clan?

I think you're confusing individual hard work with team achievement. I could be the world's number 1 player and I still wouldn't be able to get the statue if my clan weren't good enough.