Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I Just Realized I Wasted a Lot of CWL Medals on Hammer of Heroes

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Posts prove that all medal purchase options are useful for different players, under different circumstances.

i was strictly a hammer of building fan, based on the maths of relative benefits, but ... since december update i have bought a few hammers of heros for queen, (cause i love queen walks and there were so many other hero upgrades for builders), and even a few builder potions (when my builder availability schedule has gone awry)

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

I spent lots of my medals on hero upgrades. I've been in a rhythm over the past year that I've not been without my queen for more than a couple weeks total and I've moved her up from level 40 to level 65 in that time by using hammers, BoH, and de runes.

Took my king from 25 to 60 in the same timeframe.
    Took warden from 0 to 40 in the same timeframe.

Worth it.

The other medal expenses were building hammers to use immediately after a th upgrade. You can hammer upgrades that you cannot afford with your storages.
    Last edited by DraakarDraekonis; April 10th, 2020 at 02:00 AM.

I personally prefer Hammer of Heroes over anything else. Its more than value for me.

You say wasted? Hammer of heroes is probably one of the best options bud.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    I only use hero hammers for the next level of a hero's ability.
    I try to do this but imagine the embarrassment when I once used a hammer for the previous level, having to explain to my clan mates why my AQ had gone from level 40 to 39
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

Yes, hero's hammer are costly , but helpful when you are about to max your heros. (Becoz of Dark elixer)
    I personally prefer book of heros more then them up to 65 lvl atleast.
    Last edited by Gaurav07400; April 10th, 2020 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    That said if you must compare the the various options then also don't forget to consider that the hammer also pays for the resources. And for example filing up gold storages is far quicker and takes much less effort then filling a DE tank. This effort and time does have value and canít be simple dismissed.
    I just want to add that on Th11 and up you don't feel DE scarcity at all. I tend to use DE troops on raids when it's about to be full because of how fast they fill up. They just comes with gold and elixir without you having to hunt for it.

And when it comes to hero downtime, hero books are everywhere too.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDeathclaw View Post
    You say wasted?
    That's just me and some like-minded clashers.

Forum Superstar
    I find that the blue builder potions are the best value for CWL medals. We do war weekly, and these potions mean that the hero upgrades can be easily organised to keep heroes available. These potions help a lot with building upgrades as well as heroes.

Only now at TH13 do I find it tempting to using Hammers of fighting and spells, there being so much resource available, and limited lab capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    I find that the blue builder potions are the best value for CWL medals. We do war weekly, and these potions mean that the hero upgrades can be easily organised to keep heroes available. These potions help a lot with building upgrades as well as heroes.

Only now at TH13 do I find it tempting to using Hammers of fighting and spells, there being so much resource available, and limited lab capacity.
    May be an artifact of how they rolled out th13 but my lab went dark pretty quickly. I did have hammers of spells and fighting already saved when it dropped. They didnt give us much more to do. I have poison going now then just minions left. Then no more use for de. Elixir going into walls and only 33 left. No other use for it. Well except for gold mines but that's a drop in the bucket. Lots of gold upgrades to do though. Guess I used my magic items too efficiently.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I usually farm with goblins(as my heroes are always upgrading(at the least 1 hero is always down )), but if I get to choose hammers after CWL , it will always be book of heroes no matter the cost,
    as I could use multiple strategies with my heroes up .
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted11 View Post
    First, it is more expensive than the others. Which is only for compensating the convience of not having to lose your hero for 7days. But it's just like when you can't use buildings for max of 14days (except def buildings in wars), right?

Second, it can only help you reduce 7days maximum. Which if you compare to the 14days maximum of anything else (before th13), it's a lot of difference.

So if you're a young th12, I advise you to prioritize 14day upgrades for medals. Good luck!