Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cool Down For Joining Clans

Cool Down For Joining Clans

Iím the leader of a level 7 clan, and the only real way people find our clan and join is if we leave it on ďanyone can joinĒ. However, we get a lot of chat spam from hoppers.

That is why I think the game would benefit from having some sort of cool down between when you join a clan and when you can join another, be it 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, or something along those lines.

I realize that sometimes hopping between two particular clans is done in order to donate troops or coordinate, so having an invite to a particular clan would override the cool down.

In summary, this will mitigate hopper chat spam, as they do not have invites to join.

********Update*********
    The cooldown would be able to be toggled by individual clans. This allows allied clans to cooperate.
    Last edited by Xeric2900; April 8th, 2020 at 03:46 PM.

I am very sure this will never happen.

There is a solution for your issue.
    - set trophies
    - set townhall level
    - set clan to invite only

I donít understand what the issue is. Can you explain that to me please?

Also, your solutions arenít viable. Adjusting requirements doesnít help because there are hoppers at all townhall levels and trophy ranges. Putting clan on invite only results in maybe 1-2 people joining per week. And these 1-2 arenít always good fits, so itís often 0 per week.
    Last edited by Xeric2900; April 8th, 2020 at 01:30 PM.

The effect of this change would mean that people have to wait before joining another clan. Having a 5, 10, 15 minute cool down does not inhibit the game at all. There is no reason why someone should have to swap between 10 clans in 5 minutes. If they want to know what the clan is like, then read the clan info.

At the end of the day, the game is called Clash of CLANS, so doing something that would improve clan loyalty should be beneficial. Itís not that long of a cooldown in the short term, but in the long term, it will prove to be a stumbling block for those that want to hop around aimlessly.
    Last edited by Xeric2900; April 8th, 2020 at 01:49 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeric2900 View Post
    The effect of this change would mean that people have to wait before joining another clan. Having a 5, 10, 15 minute cool down does not inhibit the game at all. There is no reason why someone should have to swap between 10 clans in 5 minutes. If they want to know what the clan is like, then read the clan info.

At the end of the day, the game is called Clash of CLANS, so doing something that would improve clan loyalty should be beneficial. Itís not that long of a cooldown in the short term, but in the long term, it will prove to be a stumbling block for those that want to hop around aimlessly.
    What about people who are genuinely looking for an clan to settle in?

Join a clan that looks promising, but it's: dead; full of kids/idiots/trash talkers; there's a language issue etc..., etc...

So instead of joining, to check out, a dozen clans in an hour; you'll only be able to visit 3 or 4. Nah.

Clan description is not a good indicator of whether someone is a good fit. I like to war, so if I find a level 10 clan that says they war and always max clan games then sure I'll join. But maybe they're a bunch of rude jerks who will start cussing at me and insulting me. Are you saying I should have to endure that? I don't care if it's only 5-15 minutes, I don't want to deal with that
    | BK 70 | AQ 70 | GW 42 | RC 10 |

Forum Champion
    Many people routinely move between allied clans. Applying any clan movement cooldown severely restricts them.

Req and Go donation clans would br crippled and disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Clan description is not a good indicator of whether someone is a good fit. I like to war, so if I find a level 10 clan that says they war and always max clan games then sure I'll join. But maybe they're a bunch of rude jerks who will start cussing at me and insulting me. Are you saying I should have to endure that? I don't care if it's only 5-15 minutes, I don't want to deal with that
    So you join a clan and they cuss at you instantly? Wouldnít it take time for such hostility to arise, at which point the cooldown will have already passed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    What about people who are genuinely looking for an clan to settle in?

Join a clan that looks promising, but it's: dead; full of kids/idiots/trash talkers; there's a language issue etc..., etc...

So instead of joining, to check out, a dozen clans in an hour; you'll only be able to visit 3 or 4. Nah.
    If itís dead, you can see that beforehand by looking at donation counts and whether people have badges. If itís shown, war log works too.

Quote Originally Posted by OzAudi View Post
    Many people routinely move between allied clans. Applying any clan movement cooldown severely restricts them.

Req and Go donation clans would br crippled and disappear.
    Can you tell me more about people moving between allied clans? Why are they moving? How long are they staying?

Req and go clans wouldnít be affected because the cooldown can be made the same as the shortest donation cooldown time (7 min I think?).
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; April 8th, 2020 at 02:43 PM.

Forum Champion
    So you join a clan and they cuss at you instantly? Wouldnít it take time for such hostility to arise, at which point the cooldown will have already passed?
    It might not be cussing, it might be distasteful chat.

If itís dead, you can see that beforehand by looking at donation counts and whether people have badges. If itís shown, war log works too.
    So, for a few days each month when season change, donations are low or nonexistent and badges reset, you can't join a clan ? What if you can check, decide to join and find the clan chat empty and no one online ?

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    I don’t understand what the issue is. Can you explain that to me please?
    There isn't an issue, I have no idea why you think this is a viable idea, as a fix to a non-isue.

Also, your solutions aren’t viable. Adjusting requirements doesn’t help because there are hoppers at all townhall levels and trophy ranges. Putting clan on invite only results in maybe 1-2 people joining per week. And these 1-2 aren’t always good fits, so it’s often 0 per week.
    his solutions are much more viable than your idea, which exists purely to "punish" people for changing clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)