Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 76

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cool Down For Joining Clans

  1. #31
    Millennial Club darpan2704coc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeric2900 View Post
    If you are actually looking for a clan, how is it beneficial to spend less than a minute in a clan without saying hi to anyone?
    I might be mistaken but isn't your request is for a cooldown to join another clan? Hoppers will still join & leave your clan instantly and then wait without any clan during cooldown.

  2. #32
    Pro Member CupcakeCowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    519
    I would not support this idea

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeric2900 View Post
    At the end of the day, I merely wish to curb people joining and leaving instantly, without doing anything.
    You don't seem to be understanding this concept of "open".

    If you want your clan open, then you cannot curb anyone, and nor should you be able to.

    You want to have it "Open but with restrictions".

    That is what invite-only is for, and it is very unlikely SC will change the standard "open" to be anything else.

    We know what you want, but you are very unlikely to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  4. #34
    Junior Member Xeric2900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Hoppers will still join & leave your clan instantly and then wait without any clan during cooldown.
    I agree. Itís not something that can be completely eliminated since you canít distinguish in advance a hopper vs someone genuinely looking for a home. Having a toggle-able cooldown would mitigate/reduce the problem.
    Last edited by Xeric2900; April 9th, 2020 at 04:38 PM.

  5. #35
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeric2900 View Post
    I agree. Itís not something that can be completely eliminated since you canít distinguish in advance a hopper vs someone genuinely looking for a home. Having a toggle-able cooldown would mitigate/reduce the problem.
    Based on what evidence ? Opinions don't count.

    My opinion, any barrier you apply will have ramifications. People being people, will work out a way around the barrier or use it to disrupt you further. And you want to minimize disruption by introducing a cooldown on clan movement.

    Imagine all the things that annoy you about hoppers then think about whether you can endure those things for the entire cooldown period.

  6. #36
    Pro Member MiniDeathclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    On top of a rock under the sky
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeric2900 View Post
    I agree. Itís not something that can be completely eliminated since you canít distinguish in advance a hopper vs someone genuinely looking for a home. Having a toggle-able cooldown would mitigate/reduce the problem.
    Make a new class that makes people have to be promoted to member like a newbie or something that can either be promoted automatically after being in the clan for a few days or somebody instantly promote them and the newbies canít request for troops or donate until they are member.

  7. #37
    Junior Member Xeric2900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You don't seem to be understanding this concept of "open".

    If you want your clan open, then you cannot curb anyone, and nor should you be able to.

    You want to have it "Open but with restrictions".

    That is what invite-only is for, and it is very unlikely SC will change the standard "open" to be anything else.

    We know what you want, but you are very unlikely to get it.
    With all due respect, Ajax, I donít think shooting down my idea because I only have two options and thatís just the way things are is a fair thing to say. I came here because I have a problem and want to have a productive discussion about it, which either results in me understanding why exactly my idea wouldnít work or me being able to convince people that my idea would work.

    I want to talk about the tangible issues in a world where a toggle-able join cooldown exists.
    Last edited by Xeric2900; April 9th, 2020 at 04:54 PM.

  8. #38
    Junior Member Xeric2900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDeathclaw View Post
    Make a new class that makes people have to be promoted to member like a newbie or something that can either be promoted automatically after being in the clan for a few days or somebody instantly promote them and the newbies canít request for troops or donate until they are member.
    The issue Iím having with hoppers has to do with the chat spam of ďXYZ joined and left the clanĒ. Hoppers giving wrong troops used to be part of the issue, but the most recent update fixed that.

  9. #39
    Pro Member MiniDeathclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    On top of a rock under the sky
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeric2900 View Post
    I agree. Itís not something that can be completely eliminated since you canít distinguish in advance a hopper vs someone genuinely looking for a home. Having a toggle-able cooldown would mitigate/reduce the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeric2900 View Post
    The issue Iím having with hoppers has to do with the chat spam of ďXYZ joined and left the clanĒ. Hoppers giving wrong troops used to be part of the issue, but the most recent update fixed that.
    They may have the right troop but really low level. And yes this is an issue you stated but this can be annoying as if somebody joins a friends clan to simply say whatís up and exchange some troops and leave back to the home clan.

  10. #40
    Millennial Club darpan2704coc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,200
    I guess you need to clarify what kind of cooldown you are asking for: a player joins your and can't leave during cooldown OR a player can join & leave your clan but won't be able to join another one before this cooldown?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •