Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cool Down For Joining Clans

Quote Originally Posted by Xeric2900 View Post
    If you are actually looking for a clan, how is it beneficial to spend less than a minute in a clan without saying hi to anyone?
    I might be mistaken but isn't your request is for a cooldown to join another clan? Hoppers will still join & leave your clan instantly and then wait without any clan during cooldown.

I would not support this idea

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    At the end of the day, I merely wish to curb people joining and leaving instantly, without doing anything.
    You don't seem to be understanding this concept of "open".

If you want your clan open, then you cannot curb anyone, and nor should you be able to.

You want to have it "Open but with restrictions".

That is what invite-only is for, and it is very unlikely SC will change the standard "open" to be anything else.

We know what you want, but you are very unlikely to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Hoppers will still join & leave your clan instantly and then wait without any clan during cooldown.
    I agree. Itís not something that can be completely eliminated since you canít distinguish in advance a hopper vs someone genuinely looking for a home. Having a toggle-able cooldown would mitigate/reduce the problem.
    Last edited by Xeric2900; April 9th, 2020 at 04:38 PM.

Forum Champion
    I agree. Itís not something that can be completely eliminated since you canít distinguish in advance a hopper vs someone genuinely looking for a home. Having a toggle-able cooldown would mitigate/reduce the problem.
    Based on what evidence ? Opinions don't count.

My opinion, any barrier you apply will have ramifications. People being people, will work out a way around the barrier or use it to disrupt you further. And you want to minimize disruption by introducing a cooldown on clan movement.

Imagine all the things that annoy you about hoppers then think about whether you can endure those things for the entire cooldown period.

Make a new class that makes people have to be promoted to member like a newbie or something that can either be promoted automatically after being in the clan for a few days or somebody instantly promote them and the newbies canít request for troops or donate until they are member.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You don't seem to be understanding this concept of "open".

If you want your clan open, then you cannot curb anyone, and nor should you be able to.

You want to have it "Open but with restrictions".

That is what invite-only is for, and it is very unlikely SC will change the standard "open" to be anything else.

We know what you want, but you are very unlikely to get it.
    With all due respect, Ajax, I donít think shooting down my idea because I only have two options and thatís just the way things are is a fair thing to say. I came here because I have a problem and want to have a productive discussion about it, which either results in me understanding why exactly my idea wouldnít work or me being able to convince people that my idea would work.

I want to talk about the tangible issues in a world where a toggle-able join cooldown exists.
    Last edited by Xeric2900; April 9th, 2020 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDeathclaw View Post
    Make a new class that makes people have to be promoted to member like a newbie or something that can either be promoted automatically after being in the clan for a few days or somebody instantly promote them and the newbies canít request for troops or donate until they are member.
    The issue Iím having with hoppers has to do with the chat spam of ďXYZ joined and left the clanĒ. Hoppers giving wrong troops used to be part of the issue, but the most recent update fixed that.

The issue Iím having with hoppers has to do with the chat spam of ďXYZ joined and left the clanĒ. Hoppers giving wrong troops used to be part of the issue, but the most recent update fixed that.
    They may have the right troop but really low level. And yes this is an issue you stated but this can be annoying as if somebody joins a friends clan to simply say whatís up and exchange some troops and leave back to the home clan.

I guess you need to clarify what kind of cooldown you are asking for: a player joins your and can't leave during cooldown OR a player can join & leave your clan but won't be able to join another one before this cooldown?