Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cell

Cell

Hello, and welcome to an... idea. I would like to request the addition of Cell to CoC.

https://images.app.goo.gl/D6DJc9ZYHneTsY5e6

You may ask, "Why the HECK would you want to add a DRAGONBALL character to CLASH OF CLANS!??!" My answer to that is, Super Troops. If Cell is added to the game, then we should have a Super troop version of him called Supercell.

Here are some stats:
    Cell:
    Level Required: Level 9 Dark Barracks
    HP: 800
    DPS: 250
    DPH: 500
    Fire rate: 1 beam/2 seconds
    Targets: Defenses (Uses a beam of power, similar to Magic Archer in CR.)
    Housing Spaces: 5

Supercell:
    TH Required: 13/14
    HP: 2,000
    DPS: 800
    Targets: Defenses (Uses two beams of power, one for each hand. The beams work like an air sweeper, spreading out in a wider area. The beams of power sound exactly like the noise made when starting up CoC.)
    Housing Spaces: 30
    Special Ability:
    Regeneration-
    Supercell regenerates 300 HP/second, making him very hard to defeat.

This would both be used as a meme troop, and a unique and useful troop too. If Supercell (the company not the troop) decides to add this, they do not have to use the DBZ character, they could make it have a unique appearance.
    Last edited by Bodgey; April 9th, 2020 at 04:41 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    So far, Supercell have resisted using characters/troops etc. that are copyrighted to other entities.

I don't think this is likely to change, as they would obviously have to license the use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgey View Post
    If Cell is added to the game, then we should have a Super troop version of him called Supercell.
    I agree, just for this. Didn't pay attention to anything else. It's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    So far, Supercell have resisted using characters/troops etc. that are copyrighted to other entities.

I don't think this is likely to change, as they would obviously have to license the use.
    It's just the name that is being copied, not the character drawing or anything. And even the name isn't exactly copied.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmang View Post
    It's just the name that is being copied, not the character drawing or anything. And even the name isn't exactly copied.
    No? By reading op post and looking at the pic it is exactly what he want → he want cell from dragonballZ in clash of clans as supertroop and named "super"cell.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    No? By reading op post and looking at the pic it is exactly what he want → he want cell from dragonballZ in clash of clans as supertroop and named "super"cell.
    I'm saying that the looks don't have to be copied. Just the name
    Last edited by Edmang; April 8th, 2020 at 06:49 AM.

I believe it would be a great hero to add in TH14 update adding another Inferno Tower. I feel that it may deplete royal champion but if super defenses were to come out it would become a useful troop and character.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmang View Post
    I'm saying that the looks don't have to be copied. Just the name
    Which would still hit copyright/trademark issues.

And no, that isn't what you were saying. You didn't say it could be just the name, you were saying it is just the name, which the original suggestion clearly isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Which would still hit copyright/trademark issues.

And no, that isn't what you were saying. You didn't say it could be just the name, you were saying it is just the name, which the original suggestion clearly isn't.
    Actually, Edmang is right. I did state at the end it did NOT have to use the DBZ Cell, the reason why I did use the DBZ Cell was for humor purposes. I think it is blatantly explicit that using him would drag in alot of copyright issues, but using the name would actually not bring in any copyright issues like you mentioned.

Cell is not a name that originated from DBZ. The DBZ Cell was named after the cells in your body, because of his ability to regenerate, very similar to a cell splitting to heal a wound. However, even cells in your body are not an original name. Cells were named off of the appearance of a cell in your body, which the person who named the cell named it due to the similarities they saw from a cell in your body to a prison cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgey
    Cells were named off the appearance of a cell in your body, which the person who named the cell named it due to the similarities they saw from a cell in your body to a prison cell.
    I'm not an expert in copyright laws, but I assume it still would fall under copyright infringement whether the name was taken directly from the dictionary, or not. Although I do like the idea of a Super Cell troop, it's probably not going to come in the game.

PS: "Cell" is a word derivied from the Latin word, 'cela', which is defined as a "little room" (relates to a prison.)
    Last edited by Clash12344321; April 9th, 2020 at 04:11 AM.