Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Remove power potion cwl

Hehe another one of these.

Probably the second or third most discussed thing in here after the "no matchmaking in CWL" discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy843 View Post
    Good fun telling good th 10 members they cant join and we have to put in a th 12 or 13 with under level king and queen, thats never going to 3 star anyway. Lol we are in crystal league 2 but we will drop after this cwl. Due to being last place
    My clan is in Gold 1 - not quite crystal. We are, more often than not, facing clans with a TH10+ advantage on us (we run 30v30 for CWL). Gold is a bit different, many times it's about who uses their attacks. We get (and kick) a few who don't do theirs either, and I notice it happens more often when that player is looking at attacking someone above their TH level. I just tell them to go for the 2-star in those instances.

At any rate, I know it sucks to get demoted, but hopefully the drop works well for your clan next month.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

Quote Originally Posted by BaronWasteland View Post
    The only thing I could see them changing is making it so the boost gives all troops +1 level instead of bumping them to the max that your lab allows.

I see the point you're making, especially in regular war, where the power potion could benefit one clan way more than the other, but both clans have access it, and even with war matching, troops account for relatively little in the weighting system. It's mostly your defenses and heroes.
    I take it your a maxer, since troops add very little to the war weight..
    Ever wondered why you start to get mismatches once you have a few accounts approaching max for hall?

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I take it your a maxer, since troops add very little to the war weight..
    Ever wondered why you start to get mismatches once you have a few accounts approaching max for hall?
    It's pretty simple. Not making a judgement. But maxers hate power potions. Rushers love it. As someone with 2 lab upgrades left, get off my lawn and earn your max troops.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Legend
    To tell you how often I’ve used them, I have 14/5 power potions from back in the day when you could go over the limit when you could bank them on events.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    It's pretty simple. Not making a judgement. But maxers hate power potions. Rushers love it. As someone with 2 lab upgrades left, get off my lawn and earn your max troops.
    Its nothing to do with power potions (although it humours me to agree with your explanation).. Simply asking why he thinks offence, or rather troops, carry very little weight into the matchmaker.

To be fair, I rarely, almost never use power potions (except for speed bumps when I'm late to war or short on time)..
    But I have no problem with those whom do.. it is a part of the game..
    I do accept (agree) that they are uncounted for in regular war, of course..

OP has been very courteous throughout the thread which I applaud, but I still dont agree potions should be removed.. especially when we are talking about CWL.
    It is unweighted war, so a boost of a level or two to the war troops is a shrug..
    If the base is rushed to enable the use of potion, the user has negated their account anyway, since the attack/defend ratio is 1:1..

My difference of opinion may arise in no small part due to the fact I couldnt care less about how the cwl season goes.. 8 stars per account is the target.. there is no log, and its set up for rushers to have some fun for the most part..
    Regular war, on the other hand, is about the war log.. And with a recruitment tool that simply deals in stats, that green log should be important in these post global days..
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; April 9th, 2020 at 03:53 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    It is not remotely that simple.

I tend to fall somewhere between what most people would call a rusher and what most would call a maxer (as I imagine the vast majority of players do). There is no simple dichotomy between rushers and maxers, which removes the simplicity straight away.

I rarely use power potions, except in the first few weeks after upgrading my lab, because I always upgrade the troops I mainly use pretty quickly.

But I do like them, and I use them fairly extensively for war during those few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It is not remotely that simple.

I tend to fall somewhere between what most people would call a rusher and what most would call a maxer (as I imagine the vast majority of players do). There is no simple dichotomy between rushers and maxers, which removes the simplicity straight away.

I rarely use power potions, except in the first few weeks after upgrading my lab, because I always upgrade the troops I mainly use pretty quickly.

But I do like them, and I use them fairly extensively for war during those few weeks.
    Whilst defining what a rushed account is has taken up many pages in many threads, and still no solid consensus even amongst the small group that presides in the war forum.. i still easily accept Piper's statement that maxer accounts, especially when at or near max for hall, will throw their hands up in horror at the thought someone has taken a short cut to get to where they may have spent months achieving..
    Let it rain frogs before unleashing a plague of locusts on those potioneers.

part of the fun of being amongst this enlightened group of clashers is the sometimes extreme fondness of a particular play/build style, which can take a relatively mundane and much used subject to new heights of passionate banter and beliefs/opinions..

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    My clan is in Gold 1 - not quite crystal. We are, more often than not, facing clans with a TH10+ advantage on us (we run 30v30 for CWL). Gold is a bit different, many times it's about who uses their attacks. We get (and kick) a few who don't do theirs either, and I notice it happens more often when that player is looking at attacking someone above their TH level. I just tell them to go for the 2-star in those instances.

At any rate, I know it sucks to get demoted, but hopefully the drop works well for your clan next month.
    Yeah in crystal 2 league its basically attack or be kicked simply. You cannot win these wars with people missing attack the other team genarally don't miss. Unless you completely overpower them.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronWasteland View Post
    The only thing I could see them changing is making it so the boost gives all troops +1 level instead of bumping them to the max that your lab allows.

I see the point you're making, especially in regular war, where the power potion could benefit one clan way more than the other, but both clans have access it, and even with war matching, troops account for relatively little in the weighting system. It's mostly your defenses and heroes.
    I defiently agree with both your statements haha i love finding under level th12s to destroy easily! And i love the idea of added +1 lvls instead of maxing them for that town hall. The people that have grinded wouldent feel so hard done by