Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Townhall 13 itself

  1. #31
    Senior Member Rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
    Ring bases are trash and take away the creativity for real base building. The problem that NO ONE is talking about is how air is now dead. When I say air, I’m not referring to spam E Drag attacks or anything of the sort, I’m referring to Lalo. Lalo for 95% of bases is obsolete because... of TH13 additions. You add in another hero, a townhall that is overpowered and two new splash defenses that take out a pack of loons in 2-3 hits. It’s just not a viable attack anymore. The top players in the world have quickly drifted away from Lalo attacks because of how useless they have become. When you take away the most potent attack (and most skilled) ...
    Blah blah blah. Most skilled? LOL
    Air meta changed. Sort yourself out.

    LaLo is an inferior attack.
    I still like dragons and loons with a couple e drags to funnel.
    • "...if I am able to go coach, I want to coach at one place. The University of Florida. It would be a travesty, it would be ridiculous to all of a sudden come back and get the feeling back, get the health back, feel good again and then all of a sudden go throw some other colors on my shirt and go coach. I don't want to do that. I have too much love for this university and these players and for what we've built." - Urban Meyer

  2. #32
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    Blah blah blah. Most skilled? LOL
    Air meta changed. Sort yourself out.

    LaLo is an inferior attack.
    I still like dragons and loons with a couple e drags to funnel.
    You seem to have no idea... Torrey is absoultely right.

    Laloo is one of the most skilled attacks for sure, and yes in TH13 it is almost dead...

    You talk about Drags and skill in the same sentence lol...

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
    Ring bases are trash and take away the creativity for real base building. The problem that NO ONE is talking about is how air is now dead. When I say air, I’m not referring to spam E Drag attacks or anything of the sort, I’m referring to Lalo.
    So air isn't dead. The particular variety of air that you prefer is dead. Not the same thing or even really very similar.

    Lalo for 95% of bases is obsolete because of TH13 additions. You add in another hero, a townhall that is overpowered and two new splash defenses that take out a pack of loons in 2-3 hits. It’s just not a viable attack anymore. The top players in the world have quickly drifted away from Lalo attacks because of how useless they have become. When you take away the most potent attack (and most skilled) in the game, it has an immense ripple effect.
    So we should never have gone beyond TH9?

    Because every TH upgrade beyond that has made previous meta attacks unviable.

    That isthe way it works. Different attacks are best at each level. There are actually quite a wide variety of viable attacks at TH13.


    Now everyone is setting their dang Xbows to ground and all infernos to single target.
    That would be nice, but ofcourse the latter isn't happening.

    The most common ground atracks at the moment use hogs and/or miners,and multi isbest against those. I rarely see all3 setto single, and often none are.

    Most players in legends set their skelly traps to ground too. Now ground is saturated with more DPS and distractions for the slow moving Yeti and Pekka. Not only that, but everyone is now setting their air blowers directly at the townhall, both of them! Anti-2 star bases are back and stronger than ever. You don’t see the traditional, irregular anti 3 bases like we use to. This game has become severely one dimensional when it comes to attacking. I’ve already had 4 people quit in my clan since TH13 update. These people have been playing for 6 years and were some of the best attackers I knew. This game has gone downhill and is in some serious need of rebalancing. Usually SC fixes things and we go through phases of metas but this by far has been the most lopsided version of the game since 2012. If you enjoy ring bases, it’s because you’re not very good to begin with and don’t understand true base building/pathing. Clash on.
    That is an exceptionally elitist view, and SC don't (and shouldn't) balance mainly for the elite.
    Last edited by Ajax; April 10th, 2020 at 11:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    221
    Lalo isnít dead, itís just so much harder than it was at th12. With everyone setting their xbows to ground and infernos to single target, it has only helped the lalo attacks. Although we definitely need a new hound level but that wonít fix the issue.
    Unlike at th12, you canít force it on every base, itís base dependent now. Am I ok with that? Considering how hard it is to pull off, I do think that it should be more powerful than it is now but at least itís viable.

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by faithless View Post
    You seem to have no idea... Torrey is absoultely right.
    Whatever you may think, the possibility he had less idea than Torrey is nil.

    Torrey starts by saying air is dead, then immediately contradicts himself. And he is supposed to be "absolutely correct?"

    Laloo is one of the most skilled attacks for sure, and yes in TH13 it is almost dead...
    Even if both parts of that are true (and I'm not convinced it is any more skilled than most other decent attacks), it is still only 1 attack type. There are many more.

    You talk about Drags and skill in the same sentence lol...
    And?

    Just because you cannot do consistently well with it, that doesn't mean it isn't skilled.

    People complaining about the demise of lalo just want to feel superior because they can do an attack they reagard as one of the most skilled, and now they can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    Blah blah blah. Most skilled? LOL
    Air meta changed. Sort yourself out.

    LaLo is an inferior attack.
    I still like dragons and loons with a couple e drags to funnel.
    Of course the air meta changed. It no longer exists! People throw the word ďmetaĒ around here pretty loosely. In fact, itís not even a real word, itís an acronym for ďMost Effective Tactics Available.Ē So Rabid, when you state air meta changed, what might you be referring to? Instead of saying bla bla bla, letís use real words and answer my question. Whatís the new air meta? I mean, you said it changed so there must be some current meta.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMT View Post
    Lalo isnít dead, itís just so much harder than it was at th12. With everyone setting their xbows to ground and infernos to single target, it has only helped the lalo attacks. Although we definitely need a new hound level but that wonít fix the issue.
    Unlike at th12, you canít force it on every base, itís base dependent now. Am I ok with that? Considering how hard it is to pull off, I do think that it should be more powerful than it is now but at least itís viable.
    Let me rephrase and be more specific. Instead of having said ďair is dead,Ē letís say ďLalo as a meta is dead.Ē And Iím only talking about TH13, obviously. There are complex ratios and algorithms Super Cell utilizes to engineer the gameplay. They donít at random throw in a new defense without factoring it in. They proportionally raise defenses, offenses, camp space, hero levels, upgrades etc for each townhall to ensure gameplay is balanced and proportional. For example, a max queen at TH9 is lvl 30, TH10 lvl 40, TH11 50 and TH12 65. The queens ability to perform is relative to the defenses she is going up against. Same goes for troops too. When you look STRICTLY at Lalo at TH12 vs TH13, the DPS vs HP has severely shifted and the margins have tightened. Objectively anyone now can say TH12 is much easier because there are in laymenís terms, less ďthreats.ď Super Cell made a decision to nerf Lalo with the introduction of a 4th hero, two scatter shots and an OP townhall. Sure people three star with Lalo still. I still do. But my 3 star hit rate has dropped insurmountably. Everyoneís has. And now itís super base specific when it comes to Lalo and you better be flawless. One mishap, and youíre looking at a fail.

    Like I have previously mentioned, Lalo (surgical not spam) has been traditionally the toughest attack to master but the most rewarding. Itís a shame the game has lost one of its oldest, tried and proven strategies.

    Ajax, of course there should be town hall upgrades. Itís kind of sad how you inferred from my post that game progression should have stopped at TH9. No where in my post did I even slightly elude to that. The game is literally founded on evolvement. Not sure what you were trying to accomplish in your rebuttal.


    Cheers
    Last edited by Torrey; April 11th, 2020 at 07:01 AM.

  8. #38
    Forum Elder Rak2180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Vegeta
    Posts
    2,451
    Lalo is not dead at TH13.It's base dependent for most players who used to be some what good at lalo at TH12.But those with godly skills with lalo can still triple most bases with lalo.
    We recently had 5v5 TH13 friendly war against members from Team Queso and they killed us with 3 triples using sui lalo.
    Watch some of RigoToress attacks.He use lalo no matter the base and gets triple most of the time.
    People are using single ITs and at least 2-3 ground xbows to defend against ground yetis and hybrid which makes way for lalo.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

    People complaining about the demise of lalo just want to feel superior because they can do an attack they reagard as one of the most skilled, and now they can't.
    I cannot use lalo to save my life but I still think it's most difficult to execute a lalo attack on a good base .
    When doing lalo a attack you have to take care of lots of things like pathing of loons,dropping loons surgically for each defense so they merge at some point,taking out queen,GW tomb for TH,proper timing of haste and freeze and much more.It may look easy when you are watching the an attack but trust me it's not as easy as you think.
    I can assure you that most content creator who covers war strategies will agree that lalo is indeed the attack with takes most effort in planning and executing.


    Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here



  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
    Of course the air meta changed. It no longer exists! People throw the word “meta” around here pretty loosely. In fact, it’s not even a real word, it’s an acronym for “Most Effective Tactics Available.” So Rabid, when you state air meta changed, what might you be referring to? Instead of saying bla bla bla, let’s use real words and answer my question. What’s the new air meta? I mean, you said it changed so there must be some current meta.
    You will have to give us a list of what you consider "real" words if you are going to decide certain words aren't real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
    Let me rephrase and be more specific. Instead of having said “air is dead,” let’s say “Lalo as a meta is dead.” And I’m only talking about TH13, obviously. There are complex ratios and algorithms Super Cell utilizes to engineer the gameplay. They don’t at random throw in a new defense without factoring it in. They proportionally raise defenses, offenses, camp space, hero levels, upgrades etc for each townhall to ensure gameplay is balanced and proportional. For example, a max queen at TH9 is lvl 30, TH10 lvl 40, TH11 50 and TH12 65. The queens ability to perform is relative to the defenses she is going up against. Same goes for troops too. When you look STRICTLY at Lalo at TH12 vs TH13, the DPS vs HP has severely shifted and the margins have tightened. Objectively anyone now can say TH12 is much easier because there are in laymen’s terms, less “threats.“ Super Cell made a decision to nerf Lalo with the introduction of a 4th hero, two scatter shots and an OP townhall. Sure people three star with Lalo still. I still do. But my 3 star hit rate has dropped insurmountably. Everyone’s has. And now it’s super base specific when it comes to Lalo and you better be flawless. One mishap, and you’re looking at a fail.

    Like I have previously mentioned, Lalo (surgical not spam) has been traditionally the toughest attack to master but the most rewarding. It’s a shame the game has lost one of its oldest, tried and proven strategies.

    Ajax, of course there should be town hall upgrades. It’s kind of sad how you inferred from my post that game progression should have stopped at TH9. No where in my post did I even slightly elude to that. The game is literally founded on evolvement. Not sure what you were trying to accomplish in your rebuttal.
    What I was saying, but which apoears to have passed you by completely, was that in almost every case, what was the meta at kne TH is no longer the meta at the next.

    So if you are going to complain that TH13 has killed lalo as a meta, then similar complaints would apply to each f the recent(ish) town hall upgrades.

    And if you are still 3 starring with it, maybe it isn't as dead as you say, unless you want to consider edrags the new air meta because they are a much more reliable 2 star (though very rarely 3).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •