Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is anyone actually using super troops?

Question Is anyone actually using super troops?

No one in my clan has purchased any and I haven't been attacked by any. I think the cost is just too high. Players are not going to spend 50K dark elixier on these troops. The equivalent cost in normal elixier would be 5 million, which I doubt players would spend either. I suspect something more like 20K dark juice or 2 Million pink juice would be more acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimdom View Post
    No one in my clan has purchased any and I haven't been attacked by any. I think the cost is just too high. Players are not going to spend 50K dark elixier on these troops. The equivalent cost in normal elixier would be 5 million, which I doubt players would spend either. I suspect something more like 20K dark juice or 2 Million pink juice would be more acceptable.
    I'm using them and think 50k dark is just the right amount. It's designed for max players in mind to give them something to dump their excess dark into. I spent 50k on super goblins and within a day I got it all back
    | BK 67 | AQ 70 | GW 42 | RC 10 |

I am using Super Giants on one account and Super Barbs on another. I will be switching to Sneaky Gobs and Super WB's when they run out just to give them all a try.

I have seen lots of Super Giants and suspect I will see Super barbs next up here in Titan. I actually like the troops. I can't wait to fill a blimp full of 15 sneaky gobs with a freeze to see how quick it will take down a TH.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    I’m using them on two villages, and when the boosts expire tomorrow, I’m doing it again with the other two troops. Then, I’ll know which ones I want to alternate every week until more new ones are introduced.

I have only used Super Goblins and I can clearly say that 50k DE for them is pretty affordable.

I did goblins on my accounts, helpful in war when 6 troop spaces can take out a storage for funneling.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210

Ive used em all so far. Dont really enjoy any of em.

Im using super wall breakers, will probably try out all of them eventually.

I think the cost is fine - as a near max account in legends and not at all concerned about spending loot.

New Bloke/Chick
    Iím around 5300 cups right now and Iím using 6!super barbs in every attack. They are amazing funnel troops and its resulted in a lot of 3 star attacks

Usually when someone here posts that "no one" will do is doing something, it ends up being wrong and this is one of those times. Many people are using them. As others have said, it is designed for players that don't have much other use for dark elixir. However, others are using them too. For example, I have a th12 I'm farming up and I used it for super goblins. It was well worth the cost not only so I can donate them, but also in using them myself. Next week I will use it for super barbarians. Again, I expect it will be well worth the cost for farming with them, but I doubt I will get much use out of donating them.

On my main account I made super giants. I haven't found them that useful. I think next week I will make super goblins so I can donate them in place of my th12 which won't be able to donate them next week. I will also probably use them myself in some war attacks if I see storages that need to be cleared to help with a funnel. I don't know if I will take them in legends attacks where you can't see the base first.

All in all, I think the cost is just about right. As I've said in other threads, though, I do think we would get more use out of them if we were allowed to use the regular troops too. Take wall breakers for example, I'd like to use them now and then, but I don't want to be prohibited from using regular breakers for a week straight. I don't really find the super ones to be better than the regular ones since a bomb could blow up a super breaker before it gets to a wall.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.