Thread: Is CWL good for clans

Centennial Club

Is CWL good for clans

A lot of people will probably disagree but I think that the current cwl system is no good. I started rebuilding a clan and after 2 days we were almost always at 5 members online. As soon as cwl hit my clan went so inactive. I think there needs to be some serious rethinking about how cwl works. I would personally prefer to sit out but I canít as I need medals just like most players. I donít know if it was just for me but CWL basically killed my clan. Clans are meant to be a place for people to work together but in CWL it tears a clan apart.

Comment what you think 😊

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    You can sit out AND get the minimum medals as long as you are in included in CWL but aren’t on the active roster (in the actual war). What is the idea you are suggesting that will fix the problem you presented?

Maybe ask your clan why they disappeared? Couldnt be anything going on in the world could it?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Champion
    I have seen people go inactive on battle days. They somehow want to preserve their heroes and cc for war attacks and don't raid much compared to normal days.

If your clan became less active towards the end of CWL, you might be suffering from a type of burnout. But after 1,2 or 3 battle days, that's unlikely.

Players might be active but is there chat about opponent bases during wars, FC, discussion about armies and defense and banter about nothing in particular.

Regardless, after one incomplete CWL, it's too early to tell. If you're successful and get many medals and bonus medals then that could buoy everyone.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by IzikyWaziki View Post
    A lot of people will probably disagree but I think that the current cwl system is no good. I started rebuilding a clan and after 2 days we were almost always at 5 members online. As soon as cwl hit my clan went so inactive. I think there needs to be some serious rethinking about how cwl works. I would personally prefer to sit out but I canít as I need medals just like most players. I donít know if it was just for me but CWL basically killed my clan. Clans are meant to be a place for people to work together but in CWL it tears a clan apart.

Comment what you think 
    I think CWL is bad for clans with a broad range of levels. Itís bad for us, the tail end included get smashed and canít win much, and for clan members not included in war, the clan shuts down for them for the week.

The problem is that for the seven days the main donors are doing war troops and maintaining a war army. Thereís little time for multiplayer battles or donating to the kids.

This problem would be fixed by war troops being trained and housed on the war map, separated from the home village.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    I think CWL is bad for clans with a broad range of levels. It’s bad for us, the tail end included get smashed and can’t win much, and for clan members not included in war, the clan shuts down for them for the week.

The problem is that for the seven days the main donors are doing war troops and maintaining a war army. There’s little time for multiplayer battles or donating to the kids.

This problem would be fixed by war troops being trained and housed on the war map, separated from the home village.
    Or by allowing defensive war troops to saved until changed like with LL and now friendlies.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Or by allowing defensive war troops to saved until changed like with LL and now friendlies.
    Definitely need to have the ability to change defensive troops.

Things can sometimes change.

A lot of people will probably disagree but I think that the current cwl system is no good. I started rebuilding a clan and after 2 days we were almost always at 5 members online. As soon as cwl hit my clan went so inactive. I think there needs to be some serious rethinking about how cwl works. I would personally prefer to sit out but I can’t as I need medals just like most players. I don’t know if it was just for me but CWL basically killed my clan. Clans are meant to be a place for people to work together but in CWL it tears a clan apart.

Comment what you think 
    Have you talked with them when they are online about their reasons for going quiet?..
    Do you get irate, and start barking during war?..

A clan is a community.. The leader is there to support and guide..
    If the membership dont enjoy or even like cwl, then maybe it isnt for them.. In that case, dont sign up.

You say you "need" the medals that cwl brings.. But why?..
    If you stick with regular war, it is weighted, so growing bigger faster simply means your war opposition is growing bigger faster..

I suggest a chat with the membership.. Nobody here knows you clan make up or its membership.. You do.

Forum Elder

Comment what you think 😊
    I can only let you know what my personal experience is:

I doubt our clan would still be going without it. We were on the verge of just fizzling out, missing top tier in Games (twice in a row by less than 100 points); little activity in chat etc...

CWL brought some focus & increased activity; we're in good health at the moment & have been for a while.