Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collectors biggest defense upgrade for max th13s with spring update.....

Collectors biggest defense upgrade for max th13s with spring update.....

This is not my post.. Someone in my clan shared this and I found an interesting and I did a straight copy & past and thought Id share.

While slowly going through the patch notes of the next update, particularly the new levels, I stumbled across the most significant buff in the next update. While we all are pretty excited for the +3 damage per shot archer towers will get in TH13, most people missed the significant hp buff your gold/elixir collectors will get in the next update.

Lvl13 collectors: 1080
    Lvl14 maxed collectors: 1180
    This means that collectors get a 9.25% increase in their health. So what you say, 9.25% is still pretty low in most cases and you’re right. The difference here is that collectors are the most numerous buildings you have in the entire base, they comprise of almost 15% of your entire base. More importantly, reaching this specific amount of hp hits multiple break points which significantly slows down your troops when they are funneling or going through the base. Firstly, what is a break point?
    A break point in game simply means an increase in damage/hp which allows you to take out an enemy with one less hit or survive one extra hit. The simplest example here is that lvl30 AQ needs 2 shots to take out a builder hut while lvl31 just requires 1 shot. This allows AQ to quickly go through builder huts when you are a TH10.
    ExtraCredits has a good video on the topic below: (you’ll get the gist of it within a minute of the video)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_e_qu9ghHk
    While EC makes break points seem unintentional (and most of Clash’s break points are), this improvement is 100% deliberate by the SC dev team because of how many things it affects. This improvement for collectors will be the single biggest defensive buff in this update, not for TH11/12 but it is a targeted nerf at TH13. This 9.25% increase in hp can be worth up to 100% increase in multiple circumstances.
    In summary (tl;dr version), this change allows collectors to withstand one extra hit from: (only important/relevant troops mentioned)

• Maxed electro dragons (1 > 2)
    • Maxed pekkas (1 > 2)
    • Lvl65+AQ (2 > 3), Lvl50 AQ required to 3 hit (from lvl46)
    • Maxed yetis (4 > 5)
    • Lvl65-69 BK (2 > 3), lvl70 BK required to 2 hit
    • Lvl7 dragons (3 > 4)
    • No change for wizards, valkyrie, RC and warden

The current TH13 meta is forcing time fails and the biggest hit among the list is AQ. With the new change, AQ cannot 2 hit maxed collectors without ability/rage spell. 2 shots from a maxed AQ only deals 1170 damage and the collectors has 1180 forcing a third hit from AQ. This is an effective 50% health increase for collectors and may turn your 1 min QW to a 1 min 10-15s QW and subsequently leave you with insufficient time to 3 star a maxed TH13.
    Further math, discussion and my final thoughts can be found here:
    https://clashguideswithdusk.net/2020...e-next-update/

This really is quite interesting.

Centennial Club
    Wow, this is a very significant change that I never even thought of.

I mentioned this on another thread the other day. I was really surprised people were talking about the yeti nerf without mentioning this.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 775 fair play wins and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    I mentioned this on another thread the other day. I was really surprised people were talking about the yeti nerf without mentioning this.
    At least one other person realised this. Increasing the overall hp of a base is always a defensive buff.

Good work, OP. I would have never put the effort to find out the breakpoints like this, much less post em here. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoimporta1 View Post
    First thing it says is that it's not his and he copy pasted.

Quote Originally Posted by MacaroonManiac View Post
    First thing it says is that it's not his and he copy pasted.
    Corrected.. Just brought the info here as I found it interesting and wanted to hear what our forum members thought about this

Quote Originally Posted by BigFaceGuy View Post
    At least one other person realised this. Increasing the overall hp of a base is always a defensive buff.

Good work, OP. I would have never put the effort to find out the breakpoints like this, much less post em here. Nice job.
    Yeah, this definitely flew under the radar, or, people just dont understand the implications. Either way it makes a huge difference. I time fail pretty often so this has big ramifications for me.

Actually, now that I think about it, this isnt that big of a deal folks, no need to upgrade your collectors, hehehe
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 775 fair play wins and counting...

Also, if you buy the gold pass it makes sense to do cheap upgrades while the 20% perks haven't been unlocked yet.

That reddit post was quite popular one week ago and I had included a link to it, too... but went unnoticed :-)