Thread: Misread of Touch

Fresh Spawn

Misread of Touch

Hi, I've been having difficulties playing Clash of Clans on my iPhone. This isn't any technical problems but the problem is, since the iPhone screen is huge, the proximal phalanx of my both hands are touching the screen. Thus, whenever I'm checking my profile, typing the tag of the clan or my friends, etc. It'll keep reseting the screen back to the home/builder base when my proximal phalanx touches the screen by accident. Additionally, when I'm attacking, it'll misread where I'm tapping so it'll place the troops in the unintended area. (Mostly the top corners)

Please fix this problem if you can. Thank you.

Forum Elder
    I Clash with my hands. I keep my device well away from both my proximal phalanxes.

I'd recommend you do the same, problem solved.

For anyone else reading this, the proximal phalanx is a bone in your foot.

I'm not sure the op used the correct term. However, it also sounds like the op wants the game to ignore accidental touches. How in the world it's supposed to know which are accidental and which are intentional is beyond me.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Fresh Spawn
    Proximal Phalanx can be your foot OR hand.

Forum Champion
    I couldn't stop laughing after reading the iPhone screen is so large.

I agree with Piper139, there's no real way to determine if a touch is intentional or not.

Sorry OP. There are far bigger mobile devices with far larger screens. Personally I think smaller screens are far more prone to your issue. You will need to alter your grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    For anyone else reading this, the proximal phalanx is a bone in your foot.
    Not quite. Phalanx is the singular of phalanges, which refer to the bones of your fingers and toes. The term proximal refers to "closer to the body" while distal refers to "away from your body". Your fingertips are your distal phalanges, next closest bones are middle phalanges, while those that connect to your hand (that are closest to your body) are your proximal phalanges. A normal human has 20 proximal phalanges, one in each finger and toe.
    Last edited by JohnnyPC; April 3rd, 2020 at 01:12 AM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Joksta View Post
    Proximal Phalanx can be your foot OR hand.
    Well I had to Google it in the first place, it was all about foot injuries!

On further inquiry, it would appear that we also have proximal phalanxes in our palms. Beats me why you didn't just say palms in the first place.

Clash on, or maybe not.

Centennial Club
    Idea just place your device flat on a table or in a stand. This way you can play with just your finger tips.😉

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    I have a phone case with a rubber loop in the back. It’s good for adding tension or simply curling a finger around to keep your phone secure in one hand when playing a landscape-view game. The downside is it’s impossible to lie flat since it acts as a bouncy stand. It might solve your problem if you like holding your device while playing.