Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So have you encountered the Tiebreaker?

So have you encountered the Tiebreaker?

I just did today on my 3rd account (a perma-BH2). Fights against other weak bases where 100% attacks are very common. I have got both victories and losses with the new Tiebreaker there. Have you got a battle to Tiebreaker as of now?

Worship the 9 Titans
    (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)

Yes I have.. Update works

New Bloke/Chick
    Yes. Unfortunately I lost

0% ties still result in a draw. But the others seen to work as intended

No. Not so far
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Superstar
    Yes. Several already. I have lost a few when using archers to snipe defenses in a base with internal holes. This reminds me to fix my base.

I had one win at 72%-72%. It was awesome not to have been faced with that rare but annoying anticlimax of those last three minutes being a waste of time for all.

I am good at three starring with a fast attack, but I can't agree to it being called a spam attack. It relies on multiple different troops taking different pathings, giants to trigger an miss lava launcher and mortars. Troops are placed quickly, and very specifically, so that mid battle certain things happen in a certain order. It doesn't always work.

The time tiebreaker is everything I wished for.

The deprecation of the clock tower is a bit sad. I don't see the point of it.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Yes. Several already. I have lost a few when using archers to snipe defenses in a base with internal holes. This reminds me to fix my base.

I had one win at 72%-72%. It was awesome not to have been faced with that rare but annoying anticlimax of those last three minutes being a waste of time for all.

I am good at three starring with a fast attack, but I can't agree to it being called a spam attack. It relies on multiple different troops taking different pathings, giants to trigger an miss lava launcher and mortars. Troops are placed quickly, and very specifically, so that mid battle certain things happen in a certain order. It doesn't always work.

The time tiebreaker is everything I wished for.

The deprecation of the clock tower is a bit sad. I don't see the point of it.
    MEH. You know my opinion on this stupid tie breaker.

Clock tower is a buff. You get more benefit from one click than 3. And no need for it attacking as troops are ready instantly. So why the grump?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Yeah...I’m of both minds here. I can see the benefit on my lower level games HOWEVER I do not think it’s fair that my BH5 can 3-star a fully deployed BH7 but he wins the tiebreaker because he finished 10 seconds faster. I could see if he beat me by a solid 30 seconds, but seriously...BH7 has a lot more real estate to go through compared to my little BH5. TBH, I think the underdog should win in a tie unless the other player finished his attack much faster (as he should).
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    MEH. You know my opinion on this stupid tie breaker.

Clock tower is a buff. You get more benefit from one click than 3. And no need for it attacking as troops are ready instantly. So why the grump?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Yeah...I’m of both minds here. I can see the benefit on my lower level games HOWEVER I do not think it’s fair that my BH5 can 3-star a fully deployed BH7 but he wins the tiebreaker because he finished 10 seconds faster. I could see if he beat me by a solid 30 seconds, but seriously...BH7 has a lot more real estate to go through compared to my little BH5. TBH, I think the underdog should win in a tie unless the other player finished his attack much faster (as he should).
    Still not a fan of the tiebreaker, despite being well ahead on outcomes (probably around 60-65% wins). My weaker bases have, a lot, more hitpoints to plough through than my opponents.

It's especially annoying to lose a tie when oppo seals it with a last gasp BM ability & I have a ton of troops left on the field.

However, the other changes are welcome. Drop in to attack, then go again if the match is over; move on if not. If it had been like this from the start, I doubt the ties would've become such a big deal. CT boost is much easier to manage across multiple accounts too.

Forum Master
    Yes several times, both as the slow loser and the fast winner.

/Affront
    TH13-70/70/50/20|BH9| Farm with US | full stats