Thread: Match Making in Clan Wars And Builder base

Fresh Spawn

Match Making in Clan Wars And Builder base

never seen more worse match making then last couple of updates... my clan mates started to refrain from wars now coz usually they are matched with higher levels, if that continues regular players will lose interest in playing... what it seems now the game is being focused more for pro players only. if that's the case this should be ignored

Regular clan wars or war leagues? They are quite different and it's hard to know how to respond. I suggest checking out the war forum under clan talk.

Builder base matches purely on trophies, not hall level. Suggest checking out the builder base forum. Some very good guides there on avoiding the problem.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Builder base is a ladder, very similar to CWL. Here's a good post about BB specifically: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...5#post11161985
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

BB is a true ladder system. No doubt about it.

But when I finally maxed out my BB on one account, I noticed something that awakened some doubts.

I dropped trophies throughout the month to get to about 2000 in time for clan games. At the same time one of my other accounts had neglected defenses, and was also at 2000 trophies, but without manipulation. Honestly, this account is dormant 27 days a month, then active just for games, then mothballed for a month.

Two accounts. Same trophy level.

Then I noticed that the max account was clouding when I hit the attack button. Not long, 10 to 15 seconds, but enough to notice. I never noticed a delay on baby BB.

I put two devices side by side and hit search. Baby got matched in 2 seconds. Max took a few seconds more.

I figured it has got to be the devices. So I loaded the phone acct on the tablet and vice versa. The max acct still took longer.

Now this is not a huge amount of time. But it is enough to make me wonder if the BB is making some effort to match me with another max base at 2000 trophies, before it gives up and gives me the next base in line.

Obviously, there has never been any suggestion of anything like that. But I have to wonder.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post

But when I finally maxed out my BB on one account, I noticed something that awakened some doubts.

I dropped trophies throughout the month to get to about 2000 in time for clan games. At the same time one of my other accounts had neglected defenses, and was also at 2000 trophies, but without manipulation. Honestly, this account is dormant 27 days a month, then active just for games, then mothballed for a month.

Then I noticed that the max account was clouding when I hit the attack button. Not long, 10 to 15 seconds, but enough to notice. I never noticed a delay on baby BB.

I put two devices side by side and hit search. Baby got matched in 2 seconds. Max took a few seconds more.

I figured it has got to be the devices. So I loaded the phone acct on the tablet and vice versa. The max acct still took longer.

Now this is not a huge amount of time. But it is enough to make me wonder if the BB is making some effort to match me with another max base at 2000 trophies, before it gives up and gives me the next base in line.

Obviously, there has never been any suggestion of anything like that. But I have to wonder.
    Could be a tweak behind the scenes,. I notice slower matches on my mini. It's a near max bh7 just under 3k trophies. Kind of like we tried to help you, just no other morons maxing bh7 and pushing.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post

I have discussed this in the BB forum. There is a point at which weight and other things are taken into account in the MM. The discussion can be found here: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...echanics/page5
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; April 2nd, 2020 at 01:30 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes