Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Nerfed troops

Whenever there is a nerf, the regular Joe Player feels it more than higher level/skilled players.

As Ajax says, the nerf itself was only to the Yetimites and even Yeti Blimp still works...it’s just not as forgiving if the Blimp doesn’t hit the TH before it pops.

As others have said, though, those changes to the Yetimites really tightened them up. The splash damage radius helped with sloppier attacks and the higher degree of damage to storages - including and especially the TH - was equally helpful. More skilled attackers are accustomed to attacking with greater precision; average players, though, rely on that added bit of oomph to get higher percentages.

I’ve said it before and I will say it again - this game just is not balanced toward the regular Joe Player types and it simply cannot be. This is another example of where subtle changes (and they are subtle) can have a greater ripple effect to average players. In the end, you’ve just got to learn to be more precise with your deployment and rely less on the snowier side of attacking.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The nerf to yetis was specifically yetimites against the Town Hall. There is no other nerf to yetis, so they haven't anywhere near made them useless. And even that is only fairly minor if you get the blimp to the TH.

And we all knew that updates to the remaining defences would probably be coming pretty soon.

Not sure why you guys keep pretending this was a small hit, I'm genuinely shocked. More specifically:

• Yetimites are now dealing -50% damage to TH (massive implications on yeti blimp strategy)
    • Yetimites are now dealing -50% damage to collectors (again, massive implication as now most of the attacks would end up in a time fail)
    • Eagle Artillery is targeting the yetimites much less than before (according to the changelog), which means that the alternate target would be - guess what? - the yetis themselves (and indeed most of the players are reporting that yetis are now "disappearing" very early during the attack, melted by Eagle/other defenses)

All in all yetis are now completely done, just like bowlers and witches are, killed by the insane amount of splash damage and the defenses, growing stronger and stronger.

Not sure if this is just lack of testing capabilities from SC, go-to-market rush or something else. What I know is that I'm growing really tired of this and I'm seriously considering giving up.

M

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyex01 View Post

Not sure why you guys keep pretending this was a small hit, I'm genuinely shocked. More specifically:
    No pretence. It was.

[*]Yetimites are now dealing -50% damage to TH (massive implications on yeti blimp strategy)
    #
    I'm still using it, and haven't had a fail since the update, though I'm sure I will fail slightly more than I did before.

I'm not an expert attacker by any means.

[*]Yetimites are now dealing -50% damage to collectors (again, massive implication as now most of the attacks would end up in a time fail)
    If your yetimites are hitting storages other than the TH, you have major problems in the attack anyhow.

[*]Eagle Artillery is targeting the yetimites much less than before (according to the changelog), which means that the alternate target would be - guess what? - the yetis themselves (and indeed most of the players are reporting that yetis are now "disappearing" very early during the attack, melted by Eagle/other defenses)
    That depends on what else you have in your army.

If you have no better tanking troops, and no heroes left on the board, then yes, your yetis are going to get targeted by the eagle.

All in all yetis are now completely done, just like bowlers and witches are, killed by the insane amount of splash damage and the defenses, growing stronger and stronger.
    Yes, yetis have been affected by the increased defence. BUT SO HAVE ALL OTHER GROUND FORCES.

Mass Yetis may no longer be viable as a spam attack strategy, but TBH, that should be the case. In more nuanced usages, they have not been affected much more than other troops.

Not sure if this is just lack of testing capabilities from SC, go-to-market rush or something else. What I know is that I'm growing really tired of this and I'm seriously considering giving up.

M
    I don't think it is any of those things.
    Last edited by Ajax; April 1st, 2020 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

It was not a small hit by any stretch, since you also admit that yeti spam is no longer a strategy, which clearly means yetis were severely affected by this update.
    So again you are pretending something which is clearly disproved by your own words and facts.

Cheers
    m

Fresh Spawn
    Why do moderators oppose everyone? They behave like they are working for money.
    ultimately his abilities were reduced yetis
    Last edited by Shapee; April 1st, 2020 at 10:14 AM.

Leave them alone, Shapee. It is always like this, not just at SC.

These forums are good only when everything works and you wanna spend some time chatting.

If you have issues or pose problems instead, the reaction is always the same, like a broken record ("it's not true", "you have problems", "you are not able to play", "you misunderstood", ...).

They are simply instructed to deny the obvious, and they are very good at that.

Cheers
    M

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Leave them alone, Shapee. It is always like this, not just at SC.

These forums are good only when everything works and you wanna spend some time chatting.

If you have issues or pose problems instead, the reaction is always the same, like a broken record ("it's not true", "you have problems", "you are not able to play", "you misunderstood", ...).

Cheers
    M
    We have never been instructed to deny anything, obvious or not.

The only "instructions" we get about what to say or not say is that we are not allowed to reveal anything we have been told which is not yet officially released.

The fact it is "obvious" to you does not mean it is true.

The fact here is that the nerf which is specific to yetis is very small.

The buff to defences has of course affected them, but it has also affected all other ground attacks. Those changes are not specific to yetis, which in all respects but the minor change to the yeti blimp are no weaker in comparison to other troops than they were before these changes.

That is not "denying the obvious", it is stating simple facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    You don't like super giants?
    It's housing space is 10

Centennial Club
    M
    Not sure it is obvious. I am a mediocre to good attacker who only really started using yetis two-three weeks ago after years of air attacks. I just tripled a max (less the new defenses) th13 in war yesterday fairly easily, and it was not a common base. I do not frequently triple in war as I’m usually hitting the top two bases, if I get 1 or 2 in 10 I’m doing well. My other war hit was over 90% again with yetis.

Beating up the mods as SC apologists is rude at best, I just don’t understand the point. They have an opinion and so do you, no need to get toxic with it by making accusations.
    FlatulusMaximus-TH13
    Former Leader of Exiled Kings-#9UQRYVLJ RIP

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonatore View Post
    Know that I love your passion, even when you’re wrong, Ajax. The fact that yetimites now do half damage to storages is huge. A yeti attack’s biggest weakest is the timer, and anything that slows that attack further, is huge. Of course it’s still a great attack, but that 3 star rate is falling...and that’s not a guess, that’s a simple fact. Forget the reduced splash damage vs infernos and pulling the cc...they’ve been slowed.

By the way, this isn’t opinion, it’s fact. How many yeti armies did you try today?
    I can’t say I have my mites attacking storages very often so I haven’t noticed that change yet. I do notice it on the hall and defense is getting stronger that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinder View Post
    Super giants are way better than Yeti. They had to up defenses to deal them. I haven’t tried the Barbs yet but Super Giants will probably get nerfed next so enjoy them while they are Beasts
    What army combo? I tried them a few times and found them just ok.
    Last edited by 2222; April 2nd, 2020 at 05:11 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.