Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The D.R.I.L.L - Knock your foes down with this Unstoppable Siege Machine!

Millennial Club

The D.R.I.L.L - Knock your foes down with this Unstoppable Siege Machine!

Hey everyone!
    It's Ideabulb here with a brand new idea for a Siege Machine concept.
    It pains me to say this really, but I've had a feeling that this IFR sub-forum was much more creative around 5 years back and seems real dry on ideas these days. Of course there still are few good ideas out there, not denying that...

And before I get started, once again I remind everyone to stay safe, wash hands, and refrain as much as possible from going outside in these days. All the Best and Stay Safe!

Without Further ado, here goes...

The D.R.I.L.L

"When the greenest goblins and the shoveliest Miners got together on a thirsty quest for resources, they built the mighty D.R.I.L.L. This Siege Machine drills and guzzles down all those resources and then starts to tunnel underground until it finds another resource and another and another... Releases an adorable pack of green goblins and a Miner along with your Clan Castle Troops when destroyed."

Alright, the concept is quite clear I hope. So the D.R.I.L.L is a siege machine that can dig/tunnel underground when it isn't attacking anything and pops up to the nearest resource, destroys it and again continues digging until it finds another. When all Resources are destroyed, it will self-destroy and release Goblins, one Miner and the CC troops

Like all Siege Machines, even the D.R.I.L.L is unaffected by Spells.

Sorry guys right now, my picture editor isn't working so it's a little hard to show how it looks. Try imagining some sort of Wall Wrecker with a Spiral Drill Bit upfront and probably emerging from the ground xD

Statistics: (at level 1)

1. Hitpoints : 3800
    2. Damage Per Second: 200
    3. Hit Speed : 1.5 sec (Every First Attack to a new Building will be 0.5sec slower)
    4. Damage Per Attack : 300
    5. Favourite Targets: Resources (Damage x1.5)
    6. Movement Speed : 16
    7. Death Damage: 200
    8. Training Cost : 100,000 Gold
    9. Available in : TH12 or TH13
    10. Damage Type: Single Target
    11. Housing Space : 1 Siege Unit
    12. Goblins Spawned on Death: 6 (becomes 10 in Max Level)
    13. Miners spawned on Death: 1 (stays the same)

DO NOTE that the Statistics are to hopefully build some sort of an idea as to how Balancing might go for it, I just chose few random values that hopefully fit in line

Factual Data:

So, therefore a Level 1 DRILL needs 8 hits on a Level 7 Dark Elixir Storage, if this acts in anyway some sort of useful information xD. Don't worry that still takes more than 10 seconds, and you might have even finished destroying it by then, Lucky you!

When The D.R.I.L.L finishes damaging one building and does not find anything else in its vicinity, it takes 2.5 seconds for the DRILL to go underground and find the next nearest resource/any other building if all resource buildings are attacked.

First of all, while it may make sense for a Miner to quickly borrow underground, we're taking about a 1000-ton drill which can't so instantly just pop into the ground, I mean that won't make sense even scientifically either.

And the real reason being, for a Siege Machine already pummeling so much damage, it needs a little balancing some way or another. By 2 seconds it could have taken up anywhere between 100-1500 damage units, and in typical scenarios it would be around 700-800 damage.

Also do note, since the TH is also considered as a resource, if the TH is still surviving the DRILL will surely jump from underground and take all the joy to blow it down.

Mechanism:

If you're still confused on how this contraption works, this section might be what you were looking for xD.

The moment you spawn the DRILL, just like a Miner, it will start its course underground and move to the nearest Resource building where it will re-appear and that time will be vulnerable to defenses. And just like how the Eagle Artillery's reticle goes on an underground miner, the same applies here too.

After the D.R.I.L.L finishes damaging a resource building completely, it will again disappear to defenses and rather go underground after 2.5 seconds and re-appear at the next nearest resource.

When all resources are destroyed (including the TH), it will self-destroy to release the Gobs, Miners and CC Troops...

However if it is destroyed unnaturally, it deals some death damage it spawns a set of Goblins based on Level and also a Miner and then finally your Clan Castle Troops.

Offensive Strategies:
    You might be thinking that this Siege Machine might be only designed for Farmers and has no other practical use for other players, in that case you thought wrong xD.

1. Goblin Farming and Miner Rushes : Your typical favourite Goblin or Miner army along with this to sort of guarantee that delicious 700,000 Gold, 1,020,000 Elixir and 8,000 Dark Elixir!

2. Almost your every other (non-air) strategy:
    As most of the outside of any base is filled with Drills, Collectors and Mines and usually when we don't funnel in properly, your attack could go haywire and you might come back crying with a 38% and 1,300 elixir.

Jokes apart, as the DRILL handles all the resource buildings, it could play a great role in clearing most of the unprotected resources paving most of your way straight into the base and eventually the DRILL itself may help you by entering the main base and probably even your Clan Castle Troops and Goblins and Miners might make quite a difference. Hence the DRILL can act as a great funnel on its own like the Baby Dragon.

So I guess I've managed to cover most of the required content of this brand new concept. Hope all of you liked it! Do post comments, queries and if you didn't like some parts of it, do type it out!

Trivia:

1. The D.R.I.L.L happens to be another ambiguous unknown name like the P.E.K.K.A.
    2. Similar to the Wall Wrecker or Blimp, it releases Goblins first, Miners and then the CC Troops when all resource buildings are destroyed.

3. Resources include everything from Collectors, Drills , Storages and the Town Hall.

Also, do check out one of my QOL suggestions here and let me know what you feel.

Once again also stay safe and thanks!
    KPK

Last edited by Ideabulb; April 6th, 2020 at 04:35 AM.
    Things left to do on my Bucket List:
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Millennial Club
    Added an extra QOL suggestion link, can check it if you like! Hope y'all like it and hope this makes it into the game xD. Let me know your thoughts
    Raged Barbarians enter a Rage Spell, Witches enter a Skeleton Spell, Crush Miners underground with an Earthquake Spell!

Fresh Spawn
    Would it look like the drill from clash-a-rama? that would be awesome. Like if it just dug a tunnel under the walls that the troops could pop through to the other side

Millennial Club
    Yeah sort of like the Goblin's Eleven, but the entire drill also makes it to the other side in my case

It would be very good so there may be a chance it will not be added

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedFTW View Post
    It would be very good so there may be a chance it will not be added
    Lol what xD

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Since it appears to be a “farming” siege machine, is D.R.I.L.L. an acronym for Doesn’t Really Impact Legend League?

Also, a drill-type siege machine has been suggested before in this thread, https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1763371-What-new-siege-machines-can-be-added-in-game?, and I think Darian touched on a drill siege machine in a recent interview with Galadon. I don’t recall his specific comments, but I don’t think they were favorable.

It is not something I would use but however this would seem to play a roll in base changing as people may need to reposition their town hall so it canít pop up on it with a rage for easy stars, I could see this in clash of clans.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Since it appears to be a “farming” siege machine, is D.R.I.L.L. an acronym for Doesn’t Really Impact Legend League?

Also, a drill-type siege machine has been suggested before in this thread, https://forum.supercell.com/showthread.php/1763371-What-new-siege-machines-can-be-added-in-game?, and I think Darian touched on a drill siege machine in a recent interview with Galadon. I don’t recall his specific comments, but I don’t think they were favorable.
    Not everything in this planet has to impact Legend League. In fact Battle Blimp and Siege Barracks are the lowest used siege machines at the moment, but I doubt they every impact your precious legend league either

Secondly, it's not any ordinary drill. Do read on the mechanism of the siege machine before sorta weirdly hitting on a No here. It's not a proper drill either ����

Concept sounds good, no idea on the stats, but the idea is a good one.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.