Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boosters Storage full - limits swapping to exclude those previously bought

Come on Hay Day make a comment

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Understandable move due to "unintended practice" of swapping booster coming from the Valley store. I find this is a band-aid poorly used in this situation.

If this logic is here to stay, I would like to see a change in booster pack or booster from daily deals offer. I would like to be able to buy them individually and be able to choose the booster that I will actually use, not because they come with the pack. In real life you don't buy items to throw them away (not good for the environment), why would such behaviour be encouraged in Hay Day?

Another alternative would be to have a new cateogory of booster that cannot be swapped. Thais category shouldn't inlcude booster bought with diamond nor real money.

The current design booster seems to cause more issues than what the team might want it to be. It can be even abused. Maybe it's time to rethink the overall design?
    Thank you for putting this so nicely, Meo. I tend to get the same boosters over and over on my main farm. Bought, won or gifted - the same ones 95% of the time. For example, I get loads of Rose and Ernest and coin boosters. I don’t use them. Their sole value is in swapping. So, yes, my wallet will stay closed re boosters for sale from now on. I’m not using real/diamond money to buy pigs in a poke just to throw three-quarters of the piggies away. It’s just not happening.

Hey I’m a bit confused (probably slow ) buuutt...what does the diamond on the card mean as opposed to the ones without the diamonds. I actually never noticed the diamond.. Are those the ones you get when you buy a pack?
    Last edited by cyigeis; April 6th, 2020 at 05:46 AM.

Happy Haven; Level 138 Town 40
    Achievements: 147/150
    kik: happyhavens
    ​My awesome signature by Planck

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by cyigeis View Post
    Hey I’m a bit confused (probably slow ) buuutt...what does the diamond on the card mean as opposed to the ones without the diamonds. I actually never noticed the diamond.. Are those the ones you get when you buy a pack?
    That's correct
    Lvl:59 Achievements: 104/132 (updated 08/25/2017)
    Lvl:64 Achievements: 111/144 (updated 12/09/2018)
    Lvl:75 Achievements: 121/144 (updated: 09/02/2019)
    Lvl:78 Achievements: 125/144 (updated: 11/10/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Understandable move due to "unintended practice" of swapping booster coming from the Valley store. However, I find this is a band-aid poorly used in this situation.

If this logic is here to stay, I would like to see a change in booster pack or booster from daily deals offer. I would like to be able to buy them individually and be able to choose the booster that I will actually use, not because they come with the pack. In real life you don't buy items to throw them away (not good for the environment), why would such behaviour be encouraged in Hay Day?

Another alternative would be to have a new cateogory of booster that cannot be swapped. This category shouldn't inlcude booster bought neither with diamond nor real money.

The current design booster seems to cause more issues than what the team might want it to be. It can be even abused. Maybe it's time to rethink the overall design?
    I completely agree with you. Lets hope that supercell will understand this and we will get a solution for this.

New Bloke/Chick
    This happened to me too. I just sent to swap the two boosters I just got and noticed 8 boosters are gone. They were there yesterday. I sent a msg about this but I know they won't do anything. I wounder if when I collected the derby prizes it did something.

Quote Originally Posted by karenu View Post
    This happened to me too. I just sent to swap the two boosters I just got and noticed 8 boosters are gone. They were there yesterday. I sent a msg about this but I know they won't do anything. I wounder if when I collected the derby prizes it did something.
    They’re not gone, karenu. It’s just the booster storage acting in that ridiculous way where you can’t see the boosters you have when there’s one “waiting” for a decision. And because they’ve now excluded the diamond-marked boosters from swapping etc. you won’t see them again until you swap, buy or discard the two boosters you have waiting.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    They’re not gone, karenu. It’s just the booster storage acting in that ridiculous way where you can’t see the boosters you have when there’s one “waiting” for a decision. And because they’ve now excluded the diamond-marked boosters from swapping etc. you won’t see them again until you swap, buy or discard the two boosters you have waiting.
    Thank you. I delated one and switched the other and they came back!

Centennial Club
    Still no comment nor update from the SuperCell/Hayday team regarding this issue.

What annoys me the most, is that they haven't explained this change at all in their update video. As it's a minor change for a lot of users, I still think it's a bug and will be changed/reverted as it was (I really really really hope!) later.
    Lvl:59 Achievements: 104/132 (updated 08/25/2017)
    Lvl:64 Achievements: 111/144 (updated 12/09/2018)
    Lvl:75 Achievements: 121/144 (updated: 09/02/2019)
    Lvl:78 Achievements: 125/144 (updated: 11/10/2019)

Same happened to me. I chose boosters as derby rewards then swap with less desirables from booster packs. Very unhappy that I then had to trash my derby ones because I wasn't going to pay 150 diamonds to keep them. Won't be buying any more booster packs now because it's a gamble to begin with and now there is no purpose at all for the lame boosters.