Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Skins Battle Pass

  1. #1

    Skins Battle Pass

    Everyone who has bought the Battle Pass should have the right to have a unique skin and has a certain collector's value. If all the skins come back now it's just money-making. You should reward the players who support you with the Battle Pass and have been with them for a long time. I thought the skins were somehow something special. Hope this changes and Supersell responds to my post with kind regards Clash on 😎😀

  2. #2
    Centennial Club Randamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    161
    Even though I bought every gold pass since itís inception, I donít have any problem with supercell offering the older skins for gems.

  3. #3
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,532
    I don't see a problem with year old skins being available to F2P players. If they spend all their harvested gems on they they'd afford one every 3 months or so. I'd imagine few would waste the price of 3x BoH anyway.

    I didn't see the Gold Pass saying that the skins were exclusive; that's your presumption.

  4. #4
    Forum Hero Phoenix1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Land
    Posts
    6,955
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckEnTee View Post
    Everyone who has bought the Battle Pass should have the right to have a unique skin and has a certain collector's value. If all the skins come back now it's just money-making. You should reward the players who support you with the Battle Pass and have been with them for a long time. I thought the skins were somehow something special. Hope this changes and Supersell responds to my post with kind regards Clash on 😎😀
    Repurchasing skins with gems are 3x the original cost, I'd say that's fair. The gold pass buyers are still the winners here because they got it cheaper, they got it first, and they got a ton of perks that the silver pass users never get.
    Last edited by Phoenix1027; March 30th, 2020 at 10:51 PM.
    | BK 67 | AQ 70 | GW 42 | RC 10 |

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Under a Rock.
    Posts
    5,058
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckEnTee View Post
    Everyone who has bought the Battle Pass should have the right to have a unique skin and has a certain collector's value. If all the skins come back now it's just money-making. You should reward the players who support you with the Battle Pass and have been with them for a long time. I thought the skins were somehow something special. Hope this changes and Supersell responds to my post with kind regards Clash on 
    Other people buying skins has zero impact on your gameplay or you as a person. It simply rankles your ego, and that's not a good enough reason to disallow others from being able to acquire skins they may have missed out on. Perhaps someone only recently started playing Clash, or even maybe couldn't play the month that skin was available due to financial strain, or even unfortunate real world circumstances.

    Skins are purely aesthetic, and I have yet to see anyone say "my base was attacked by a player with X skin. That's unfair."
    AKA Tank Puppy

    ďIn ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.Ē
    Terry Pratchett

  6. #6
    Forum Superstar joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Other people buying skins has zero impact on your gameplay or you as a person. It simply rankles your ego, and that's not a good enough reason to disallow others from being able to acquire skins they may have missed out on. Perhaps someone only recently started playing Clash, or even maybe couldn't play the month that skin was available due to financial strain, or even unfortunate real world circumstances.

    Skins are purely aesthetic, and I have yet to see anyone say "my base was attacked by a player with X skin. That's unfair."
    So true.. Purely cosmetics.. Except for the Skeleton King/ Autumn Queen/ Party Warden combo.. That skin combo is OP and should be nerfed

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckEnTee View Post
    Everyone who has bought the Battle Pass should have the right to have a unique skin and has a certain collector's value. If all the skins come back now it's just money-making. You should reward the players who support you with the Battle Pass and have been with them for a long time. I thought the skins were somehow something special. Hope this changes and Supersell responds to my post with kind regards Clash on ����
    Supercell have said from the start that there was always the possibility of selling old skins in the shop later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  8. #8
    Forum Hero Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    7,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Supercell have said from the start that there was always the possibility of selling old skins in the shop later.
    Agree. The exact thing they said that people seem to misinterpret was that gold pass would not be available for purchase with anything but cash. The skin is part of the gold pass, but is not the gold pass. And if someone wants to drop 1500 gems on an old skin because it makes them happy, who am I to criticize?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  9. #9
    I was pretty surprised that they are offering skins for gems. I figured it the old skins would come back eventually, but for real money, such as part of a pack to purchase. That said, the gold pass is still such a good value anyway that it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I get over $5 worth of gems for my $5 purchase each month so I buy it even though I don't care about skins.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    214
    Doesn't bother me much but I do think they should have exclusive skins. Not necessarily the gold pass skins.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •