Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Add Super Troops to player profile

  1. #31
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5,975
    Ajax, I am not identifiable as a person, in real life, a living breathing person, by anything in my CoC profile. Nothing. If you think this is an incorrect statement, please present an example.

    Nothing in an account profile is useful to the general player base outside the game.

    The presence of a unique identification tag in a player's profile does not mean that person is identifiable.

    The player is identifiable but not the person behind the account. The real life person, natural person or whatever legal expression is used in whichever legislation you want to investigate.

    Privacy laws are all about "real life identities".


    As a test, can the information in two player account profile a determine whether they are the same person ?

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by OzAudi View Post
    Ajax, I am not identifiable as a person, in real life, a living breathing person, by anything in my CoC profile. Nothing. If you think this is an incorrect statement, please present an example.

    Nothing in an account profile is useful to the general player base outside the game.

    The presence of a unique identification tag in a player's profile does not mean that person is identifiable.

    The player is identifiable but not the person behind the account. The real life person, natural person or whatever legal expression is used in whichever legislation you want to investigate.

    Privacy laws are all about "real life identities".


    As a test, can the information in two player account profile a determine whether they are the same person ?
    I see no point taking this further. I'm clearly not going to change your mind, and you aren't going to change mine either.

    Te fact we don't know what their face looks like, or where they live is irrelevant. The legislation draws identification VERY broadly, but you are not willing to accept that.

    As far as I am concerned, my reading of the relevant law says it may be a breach to publish that information.

    The fact you are so definite it cannot tends to indicate you probably aren't that familiar with the law and the way it operates because in this sort of matter it is rarely that clear cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  3. #33
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I see no point taking this further. I'm clearly not going to change your mind, and you aren't going to change mine either.

    Te fact we don't know what their face looks like, or where they live is irrelevant. The legislation draws identification VERY broadly, but you are not willing to accept that.

    As far as I am concerned, my reading of the relevant law says it may be a breach to publish that information.

    The fact you are so definite it cannot tends to indicate you probably aren't that familiar with the law and the way it operates because in this sort of matter it is rarely that clear cut.
    You claim we are not anonymous, yet you will not provide an example of how profiles can used to identify us even though I have requested you provide one.

    I asked you to clarify if two player profiles can be used to determine if the same person is behind those two profiles yet you haven't.

    I asked you to source an official SC response to your claims yet you haven't made mention of any attempt to provide this information.

    There is one obvious reason for your unwillingness to provide anything but your interpretation of a law and that is you cant prove your claims.

    You have raised an incredibly concerning issue. I want to hear an official response from an AC employee.

    I keenly await a reply from someone who actually knows whether our identities are comprised through our player profiles.

  4. #34
    This would be cool.

    What's the point of not displaying it for privacy when you can see that player do have them on their army camp or using them at war attacks?

    Just like having the hero skin of the season means you have a gold pass. 🤷🏻♥♂️

  5. #35
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5,975
    Ajax, please acknowledge I have requested official verification of your claim we are not anonymous. Publically not via PM.

  6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by OzAudi View Post
    Ajax, please acknowledge I have requested official verification of your claim we are not anonymous. Publically not via PM.
    What an odd thing to ask.

    You won't be getting it.

    This is a player discussion forum, not an SC support forum.
    Last edited by Ajax; April 1st, 2020 at 12:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  7. #37
    Forum Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What an odd thing to ask.

    You won't be getting it.

    This is a player discussion forum, not an SC support forum.
    Nevermind, I'll deal with it myself if you're not willing even though it is not a support issue.

    I fully understand this is a player forum. I fully understand your are only giving your opinion to best of your ability as a player.

  8. #38
    Forum Hero Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    7,080
    Might I suggest this is the furthest down a rabbit hole a forum thread has gone ever? I can see both sides of wanting not wanting it to show from a player perspective. The rest is arguing for the sake of arguing.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •