Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: More bans atop Leaderboards?

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshspown View Post
    I have found another one of their clans in the top clans leaderboard, also with a lot of new players with the same name. All th13s. How do they manage to gather so many of those accounts so quickly? You suggested searching, so they would have found around 40 players willing to change their name so quickly? I do not think so.

    I am betting they have a bunch of those accounts botted up and stored away somewhere.
    They have an alliance of 1000+ accounts. 40 ppl changing their name is nothing.
    About the "new" part it's because they are constantly changing clans. Every time you change a clan you're considered as a new player. It's an essential part of the whole cheating process.
    Last edited by MyH4oBG; March 29th, 2020 at 02:26 PM.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I've had the opinion for a long time that a clan caught with X amount of cheaters should be deleted (SC would determine what X is). That opinion started back when it was 3rd party modding and now I have that opinion about bots, collusion and other forms of breaking the terms of service. I'd like to see SC add that to their actions against cheating.
    How can a clan guarantee a person is cheater or not. If a clan leader is caught then it is a different thing otherwise no one knows what that other person is doing.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshspown View Post
    I have found another one of their clans in the top clans leaderboard, also with a lot of new players with the same name. All th13s. How do they manage to gather so many of those accounts so quickly? You suggested searching, so they would have found around 40 players willing to change their name so quickly? I do not think so.

    I am betting they have a bunch of those accounts botted up and stored away somewhere.
    It can be anything. It can just be a group of very good player who are having a laugh trolling the system.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow199172 View Post
    How can a clan guarantee a person is cheater or not. If a clan leader is caught then it is a different thing otherwise no one knows what that other person is doing.
    That is why (s)he didnít suggest it for just 1 cheater. But if 20 people in the clan are cheating then it is a rampant problem within the clan. I believe that 2222 is not suggesting that every account get deleted but rather the clan be deleted with the offending accounts. Remaining non-cheaters will have to find a new home.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    They have an alliance of 1000+ accounts. 40 ppl changing their name is nothing.
    About the "new" part it's because they are constantly changing clans. Every time you change a clan you're considered as a new player. It's an essential part of the whole cheating process.
    How changing name and having a group becomes cheating. If they are losing on purpose to each other than it is cheating but these accounts were banned a while back. Changing name and joining single clan is not cheating. It just makes them spend gems and more money. Good for us.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleCallMeMaurice View Post
    That is why (s)he didnít suggest it for just 1 cheater. But if 20 people in the clan are cheating then it is a rampant problem within the clan. I believe that 2222 is not suggesting that every account get deleted but rather the clan be deleted with the offending accounts. Remaining non-cheaters will have to find a new home.
    But still if these group joins a clan under some other names(they change name later I guess), clan leader can't know how to detect if this group is cheater. Just ban cheaters, no need to harm clans, it will not benefit anyone. Getting a max th13 is already a very big thing.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    216
    As much as I appreciate SC taking action against a group making a mockery of the leaderboards by what appears to be large scale collusion, there are both short and long term issues that isn't being addressed:

    Banning or trophy dropping on last day doesn't allow for non-colluding players to climb. The damage is done already.

    The current top is still part of two of the larger affiliations and quite possibly also colluding on a significant scale. It's not enough to go by base name.

    An organization such as these will have already bought up and renamed enough TH13s by the beginning of the next season to be able to do the same trophy funneling as we've seen the past months.

    Playing whack-a-mole once a month doesn't solve the fundamental issues that the current LL has.


    Bandaid or not, it's still positive to see a reaction from SC.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow199172 View Post
    How can a clan guarantee a person is cheater or not. If a clan leader is caught then it is a different thing otherwise no one knows what that other person is doing.
    As Maurice notes below, that is why I don't suggest a clan get deleted for having one cheater or even 5 or maybe even 10, but SC knows what number is "average" and not the fault of leadership and what number is so far beyond that that it is the fault of leadership. At some point, the "clan" didn't earn what they have, whether that be war record, legends records, clan level, etc. and it should be deleted if it was gained by cheating.

    Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleCallMeMaurice View Post
    That is why (s)he didn’t suggest it for just 1 cheater. But if 20 people in the clan are cheating then it is a rampant problem within the clan. I believe that 2222 is not suggesting that every account get deleted but rather the clan be deleted with the offending accounts. Remaining non-cheaters will have to find a new home.
    Exactly, I want cheating clans to get deleted, not the individual players. Innocent players on a clan that has gained much by cheating will just have to find a new clan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow199172 View Post
    How changing name and having a group becomes cheating. If they are losing on purpose to each other than it is cheating but these accounts were banned a while back. Changing name and joining single clan is not cheating. It just makes them spend gems and more money. Good for us.
    No one said changing a name is cheating and just because some of "these" accounts you refer to were banned awhile back doesn't mean they all were and certainly doesn't mean there aren't more still doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow199172 View Post
    But still if these group joins a clan under some other names(they change name later I guess), clan leader can't know how to detect if this group is cheater. Just ban cheaters, no need to harm clans, it will not benefit anyone. Getting a max th13 is already a very big thing.
    There comes a point when a clan has gained too much from cheaters to deserve to keep what they gained. For example, there are clans out there with great war records earned from cheating. They shouldn't exist. The innocent players in those cheating clans would not be punished, the clan itself would just be deleted if it was up to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    As much as I appreciate SC taking action against a group making a mockery of the leaderboards by what appears to be large scale collusion, there are both short and long term issues that isn't being addressed:

    Banning or trophy dropping on last day doesn't allow for non-colluding players to climb. The damage is done already.

    The current top is still part of two of the larger affiliations and quite possibly also colluding on a significant scale. It's not enough to go by base name.

    An organization such as these will have already bought up and renamed enough TH13s by the beginning of the next season to be able to do the same trophy funneling as we've seen the past months.

    Playing whack-a-mole once a month doesn't solve the fundamental issues that the current LL has.


    Bandaid or not, it's still positive to see a reaction from SC.
    Agreed, it won't stop it, but I'm still glad they are fighting the fight. I would also still like to see something along the lines of what I suggested in the thread linked in my signature.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

  9. #49
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow199172 View Post
    But still if these group joins a clan under some other names(they change name later I guess), clan leader can't know how to detect if this group is cheater. Just ban cheaters, no need to harm clans, it will not benefit anyone. Getting a max th13 is already a very big thing.
    Fair enough, letís go easy on Ďem like they do war clans. Temporarily ban the entire clan for 2 weeks. Cleans up the leaderboards and lets everyone know this clan cheats...enter at your own risk. If you think this is unfair, then clans shouldnít be banned from war as itís exactly the same.

    TH13...level 253...70/70/50/20...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 43 mil...atb 6032

  10. #50
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    179
    she's already making her way back up lol...although it's the end of the season...there is no stopping them.... it will be a rinse and repeat process where the accounts will get close to winning the season and supercell will ban them. either way they are unstoppable..they've cemented their legacy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •