Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fix the build queue for farming

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Please see my post above. If you don’t always intend to use your full army, pre-queueing up a full second army is not your ideal choice, but if you don’t always intend to use just a partial army, not queueing an army and using “last used” isn’t ideal either. Here’s another possible solution. Queue your preferred army in a quick train slot in your usual order of deployment (barch troops then heavies). When you train from the quick train slot instead of last used, it will queue in the order you picked. No one option will fit all three of your attack scenarios. Until they put a lock on barracks queued troops from filling your camps, you won’t have the tool you want. This is something I’ve seen frequently requested, but there has been no indication anything like this is in the works. I hope you find an option that best suits your play style.
    Nice solution toofinedog.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by SaYNaNaFoO View Post
    Nice solution toofinedog.

This leads to a worse problem: idle barracks while boosted + farming, if finding the right base + attacking it takes too long. I'd rather have the wrong army than no army. But I'd rather have the right army over either of those. I'm not sure what the problem is with fixing this issue.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post

We should have an option to just build the same army always, just like on the builder base.
    We do.

The difference with builder base is that all troops are always used up even if you didn't actuall drop them.
    Last edited by Ajax; March 28th, 2020 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    We do.

The difference with builder base is that all troops are always used up even if you didn't actuall drop them.
    No we don't. Not if we farm intelligently, with a two-tier army and a choice of 3 types of attacks. Do I need to show you how neither a full army preset doesn't work (because we don't use full armies, duh), nor the "re-train" option, because it queues in the wrong order. Is the issue *that* hard to understand ? Is everyone but me and my clan farming with full armies all the time ? And with only either a full barch or an heavy army, not a versatile one ?

Indeed, the builder base pretends we use all the troops. That's not what happens in the main base though.
    Last edited by obarthelemy; March 28th, 2020 at 02:46 PM.

Troop management is a part of farming, always has been. It's part of the strategy of the game.

I'd recommend switching up your farming strategy if this is too big an issue for you. That'd probably be an easier thing to do than having the devs recode half the game. Maybe focus on using seige machines & your cc troops to penetrate the core if needed? The wall wrecker is a literal tank designed to penetrate into the base.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    This leads to a worse problem: idle barracks while boosted + farming, if finding the right base + attacking it takes too long. I'd rather have the wrong army than no army. But I'd rather have the right army over either of those. I'm not sure what the problem is with fixing this issue.
    It sounds like you will find the solution that works best for you. Here’s another: You mentioned boosting. If you’re boosted, load up and expend your entire army each time. My army takes about 10 minutes with a Training Potion and max GP training percentage. If you’re nexting as much as it sounds like to find the perfect dead base, you should always have the correct army ready following your attack.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    It sounds like you will find the solution that works best for you. Here’s another: You mentioned boosting. If you’re boosted, load up and expend your entire army each time. My army takes about 10 minutes with a Training Potion and max GP training percentage. If you’re nexting as much as it sounds like to find the perfect dead base, you should always have the correct army ready following your attack.
    Again, I don't go for dead bases only. I'm using a flexible army that will let me either snipe a dead base, go to the core, or go for semi-protected extractors or storages. So what part of my army I use varies on the base (ie, the snipe part, or pretty much all of it, or a fairly random crosse section of both the snipe and the heavy part). I've said that more than 3 times already !!

Explain to me how I can queue up the perfect next army for that ? Expanding the full army is incredibly wasteful, though I'll admit that right now I *will* flush goblins every time because managing that farming queue is such a pain.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #18
    No we don't.
    We absolutely do.

But of course you didn't actually want what you asked for there, so we don't have what you want, even though we do have what you were asking for.

Not if we farm intelligently, with a two-tier army and a choice of 3 types of attacks. Do I need to show you how neither a full army preset doesn't work (because we don't use full armies, duh), nor the "re-train" option, because it queues in the wrong order. Is the issue *that* hard to understand ? Is everyone but me and my clan farming with full armies all the time ? And with only either a full barch or an heavy army, not a versatile one ?
    I understand what you are saying.

But I do think you are unusual in taking a mixed army. I think most either take barch or a heavy army.

But yes, if you only use part of what you take, and have a retrained 2nd army, it is difficult. Made even more so when you have a mixed use army like yours.

It would also be probzbly exceedingly difficult to code in a way which does what you want, without also foing what a lot of people might NOT want.

All you can really do is set up the quick train in the order such that the onez you are most likel to not use will be last in the queue.

Indeed, the builder base pretends we use all the troops. That's not what happens in the main base though.
    It isn't, which is why what you actually asked wouldn't do what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by kylorayker View Post
    Troop management is a part of farming, always has been. It's part of the strategy of the game.

I'd recommend switching up your farming strategy if this is too big an issue for you. That'd probably be an easier thing to do than having the devs recode half the game. Maybe focus on using seige machines & your cc troops to penetrate the core if needed? The wall wrecker is a literal tank designed to penetrate into the base.
    I doubt having an option to set a desired army and having the barracks build that is "recoding half the game' (sic).
    Also, some TH levels don't have access to siege engines. And oen CCful is often not enough not get the core with a light army.
    Yes, I could switch to either a wasteful "heavy army, use it all the time", or "light army, can't get the core" or "light army, can't really reach beyond walls if AOE nearby". That's not satisfying. I'd say the devs could tweak the... 0.01% of game code that handles army queueing.
    Troup management is a repetitive chore because the UI is deficient. Maybe you find that challenging and interesting, I find that mind-blowingly repetitive and boring.
    Last edited by obarthelemy; March 28th, 2020 at 03:41 PM.

Banned
    I'm not sure if somebody has already said this,

but lets say you are using gibarch (as an example). Have a quick train army as 2 giants, 10 barbs and 10 archers. After each battle, just press that button like 5 or so times. Problem solved.