Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Fix the build queue for farming

Centennial Club

Fix the build queue for farming

Hi

Again, managing the troop build order is a pain when farming, and farming is 80% of play. We don't use full armies for that. What don't even use always the same part of our armies / spells.

So a farming attack goes like
    1- use some partial army, random troups and spells. Typically I have snipe troops and heavier "go deep" troups, heals rages a poison maybe a jump.
    2- finish attack, "quick train previous" this puts your queue in a bad state, with your heavy troops in front of your snipe troops, spells all bunched up not alternated...
    3- fix currently building army, because toons got added to it with no rhyme nor reason. Hope you're not to late for that especially if you are suing a boost.Sometimes reordering suffices, sometimes it's quicker to delete + requeue.
    3- fix currently building spells, especially with 1-slot spells being blocked out by 2-slots spells
    4- go back to the army queue and fix the 2nd army, typically making sure your '"snipe dead base" troops come before your "go deep" troops
    5- ditto spells, since use is fairly unpredictable I like to stagger heal and rage spells, with is exactly what "quick Train- Replace" doesn't do. I've given up on queueing a one-slot sell for the second army.

We should have an option to just build the same army always, just like on the builder base.

You do. It is your quick train tab. You can preset 6 armies and the top band was your last attack. Plenty of options to save useful armies.

Centennial Club
    Only works when you use always the same, full army which isn't how farming works. And the "retrain" choice queues things up haphazardly and requires a lot of manual fixing each and every time.

The builder base is much better, just set the army you want, and you get that.
    Last edited by obarthelemy; March 28th, 2020 at 12:20 PM.

So what are you proposing?

Centennial Club
    See my OP:

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Hi

We should have an option to just build the same army always, just like on the builder base.
    (regardless of what troops you used up, you always end up with the same army. That's not possible right now.

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    See my OP:

(regardless of what troops you used up, you always end up with the same army. That's not possible right now.
    Ok this makes sense. I was lost in your op.

The builder base you always use a full army. The comparison is irrelevant. Basically, you want the system to pick from your queued troops and replace exactly what you used. Then replace them and reorder them to cook in the order you want. Automatically. If I am reading correctly. If so, it's been requested before but I imagine designing it would be a lot harder than saying it. Personally, that's not my style of play but I can see it would be helpful for yours.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    “Last used” works exactly for this purpose if you don’t already have a second army queued. The trade off is you must freshly queue your partial army, but if you don’t need the full army, you won’t be waiting long.

Centennial Club
    I have a two-tier farming army: light stuff (barch or gobs) to snipe dead bases, backed up by heavier stuff (pekkas usually) when I went to get to the core or storages. And sometimes I'll use a mix, say when DE pumps are behind one wall with AOE defense nearby.

So 3 possibilities of attack:
    1- partial barch, 60% of my attacks, usually no spells used
    2- full army except a few spells, 20% of my attacks, usually most spells used, but not all, or maybe. Jump usually used, poison sometimes.
    3- mixed light & heavy, another 20% of my attacks, sometimes some spells used.

The current queueing system makes queueing up armies for that a pain. It'll give me no light troops, or no heavy troops, all of the same spells instead of a mix of heal and rage + one jump and one poison... It doesn't work for mixed armies with a mix of attack possibilities.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Please see my post above. If you don’t always intend to use your full army, pre-queueing up a full second army is not your ideal choice, but if you don’t always intend to use just a partial army, not queueing an army and using “last used” isn’t ideal either. Here’s another possible solution. Queue your preferred army in a quick train slot in your usual order of deployment (barch troops then heavies). When you train from the quick train slot instead of last used, it will queue in the order you picked. No one option will fit all three of your attack scenarios. Until they put a lock on barracks queued troops from filling your camps, you won’t have the tool you want. This is something I’ve seen frequently requested, but there has been no indication anything like this is in the works. I hope you find an option that best suits your play style.
    Last edited by toofinedog; March 28th, 2020 at 01:29 PM.