Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Should I claim the Elixir from the Season Challenges?

Should I claim the Elixir from the Season Challenges?

On my second account, my TH9 has unclaimed Elixir from the Season Challenges. And the only place that I can spend it is on Walls. So should I claim it right now and spend it on Walls or do you think the update will come before the end of the Season and be able to upgrade Freeze and build the 3rd Dark Elixir Drill?

Worship the 9 Titans
    (Golem, PEKKA, Lava Hound, Dragon, Giant Skeleton, Scorcher, Super PEKKA, Electro Dragon, Goblin Giant)

In worst case, claim it and keep it until the update
    Retired Boom Beach player
    Proud member of Adult PuddleHop #PR2POROC

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgakis View Post
    On my second account, my TH9 has unclaimed Elixir from the Season Challenges. And the only place that I can spend it is on Walls. So should I claim it right now and spend it on Walls or do you think the update will come before the end of the Season and be able to upgrade Freeze and build the 3rd Dark Elixir Drill?
    Why not wait till the last time you are online in March to make this decision? No need to guess and be wrong.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210

Across all my games, I am in “wait and see” mode. The way I see it, it’s only the 28th. If the update hasn’t dropped by Tuesday morning (the 31st), I will run through all of my games and snag whatever remains, start upgrades, and call it a day. That way, I lose less to raids. On some games, I might also toss up a couple days of shield as well.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Pro Member
    I see three options.
    1. Claim it and use on walls, risk missing the update
    2. Claim it, not use it and lose some of it to raids
    3. Save it risk free from raids, take it out on last day or if update comes before then. Use loot garnered elixir on walls.

#3 would be my pick

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Giorgakis View Post
    Make sure you have a builder coming free in the last few hours you will be online in March, then wait and see.

With an update known to be coming soon, I wouldn't be sinking resources into such things until there was no choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    I’m claiming all my GP and CG swag on the 31st, come update or not. Worst case, I’ll have more Gems for donations in April.

I'd say wait on the official announcement on the date of the update and then plan on it before the season ends.

Looks like the update arrived, so now it is a good time to claim ten Elixir.