Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Engineers ,they are still here !

Since we moved onto cwl with engineering.. the way to engineer for cwl is to strategically rush the base..
    But only so as to gain maximum effect in the shortest possible time..
    The plan should be to back fill at a later date.. As others said, anything missing is a disadvantage in cwl.

So far as engineering and regular war..
    yes, they are still out there.. But I think OP is confusing legacy bases (1 cannon wonders) with the new form of engineering..
    legacy bases may still be able to do the 6 stars gained for 3 stars yielded trick, and hit higher up the map than their false position on the war map suggests..
    But these bases would no longer allow streaker clans to continue on their quest with the current MMA..
    A draw means end game for streaker clans.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    There is no possible upside, and plenty of downside.

While an TH21 offence base with mainly TH10 defence will undoubtedly do better than a max TH10, it will ALWAYS be worse in CWL than a properly developed TH12. Always.

If you have an engineered base, there is no particular reason not to bring it into the war unless you have enough fuly developed bases at the same TH level, but there is no benefit in CWL to keeping that base in that state.
    I agree with you, especially if you are playing in Champions league.

If your goal in CWL is to rank to the highest, I will agree that bringing a rushed TH21 with th10 defense will be more of a disadvantage.

On the counterpart, in low masters to low crystal league, a th21offense with th10 defense is way better to bring than a th10 offense with th10 defense. In lower leagues, the TH breakdown is diverse. This is why our th9s,10s,11s are rushing to th12s,th13s because CWL favors higher townhalls.
    Last edited by RegGaming; March 29th, 2020 at 12:29 AM.

And even once TH22 and 23 come out, the METa will be the same.. Strategically rush for cwl, balance build (or slightly offence minded) for regular..
    But back fill that cwl account once you hit max hall.

There is no possible upside, and plenty of downside.

While an TH21 offence base with mainly TH10 defence will undoubtedly do better than a max TH10, it will ALWAYS be worse in CWL than a properly developed TH12. Always.

If you have an engineered base, there is no particular reason not to bring it into the war unless you have enough fuly developed bases at the same TH level, but there is no benefit in CWL to keeping that base in that state.
    Apple's to oranges.
    The engineered 11 does not take the place of a full strength 11.
    The engineered 11 takes the place of a 9. Or an 8.

We are sitting in Crystal I.
    9s and 8s get no stars in this league.
    Engineered 11s do.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Apple's to oranges.

Engineered 11s do.
    It doesn't take the place of anything.

If there were weight based matching in CWL, then I would agree, but since there isn't, there is no "taking the place of" any other base.

And I haven't seen any 8s and only one 9 in my last twice in Crystal 1 (14 wars).

If the only other bases you have are TH8-9, then yes, you will obviously be better bringing the engineered 11. But if you have a high 10, that would be better, and any 11 that is better developed would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Apple's to oranges.

Engineered 11s do.
    So an engineered 11 is better than a 9? So what? It's still not an advantage over a defensively heavier 11. And that's he point they are trying to make - the engineered 11 is not somehow getting some sort of advantage.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; March 29th, 2020 at 08:50 PM.

I would only bring my 1 cannon 11s in CWL if it were to help out some lower clan but otherwise I wouldn't be developing the base.

Engineering in CWL is not a thing since you can put anyone in.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; March 29th, 2020 at 10:41 PM.

I have really lost the point of this thread. If you have an offense heavy base and a maxer ish lower town hall, the offense heavy is better for cwl. No one disagrees that if you have a fully developed base of the same th level that it wouldnt be better. And the op just rage posts and won't give any info.
    Last edited by Piper139; March 30th, 2020 at 02:23 AM.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

It doesn't take the place of anything.

If there were weight based matching in CWL, then I would agree, but since there isn't, there is no "taking the place of" any other base.

And I haven't seen any 8s and only one 9 in my last twice in Crystal 1 (14 wars).

If the only other bases you have are TH8-9, then yes, you will obviously be better bringing the engineered 11. But if you have a high 10, that would be better, and any 11 that is better developed would be better.
    Every village I place in the CWL definitely DOES take the place of another village, the one that I don't place in the war.

So when I place all the 13s, 12s, 11s and strong 10s in the CWL, I come out to 25-27. To fill a 30v30 I either put in 9s, or engineers for the bottom. If I put in the engineer it takes the place of the 9 I do not put in.

Now if you can fill a full 30v30, and never drop below a max TH11, then that is what you should do. It is smart.

But in my world the choice is use the engineers, or drop to a 15v15, and reduce the number of medals our 10s and low 11s receive. As these are the accounts that need the most help with upgrades, I try very hard to get them a full load of medals.

The real point is that the scoring system in CWL is based on stars earned, not stars given up. An 11 can earn stars whether it is an engineered 11, or a maxed 11. In a clan that uses a "hit your mirror" plan, the engineer will max out stars first.

In this league a TH9, even fully maxed, will score zero stars. Even 10s are overmatched more often than not.

We are both saying very similar things, but looking at it from slightly different angles.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

Every village I place in the CWL definitely DOES take the place of another village, the one that I don't place in the war.

So when I place all the 13s, 12s, 11s and strong 10s in the CWL, I come out to 25-27. To fill a 30v30 I either put in 9s, or engineers for the bottom. If I put in the engineer it takes the place of the 9 I do not put in.

Now if you can fill a full 30v30, and never drop below a max TH11, then that is what you should do. It is smart.

But in my world the choice is use the engineers, or drop to a 15v15, and reduce the number of medals our 10s and low 11s receive. As these are the accounts that need the most help with upgrades, I try very hard to get them a full load of medals.

The real point is that the scoring system in CWL is based on stars earned, not stars given up. An 11 can earn stars whether it is an engineered 11, or a maxed 11. In a clan that uses a "hit your mirror" plan, the engineer will max out stars first.

In this league a TH9, even fully maxed, will score zero stars. Even 10s are overmatched more often than not.

We are both saying very similar things, but looking at it from slightly different angles.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I have really lost the point of this thread. If you have an offense heavy base and a maxer ish lower town hall, the offense heavy is better for cwl. No one disagrees that if you have a fully developed base of the same th level that it wouldnt be better. And the op just rage posts and won't give any info.
    Deffo agree with this..
    Somehow, it has become a cwl discussion.. A system whereby it doesnt matter what type of accounts you use, and engineered accounts dont give any advantage other than they can be advanced quicker pre start of the week.

OP posted about regular war though, whereby facing engineered accounts does make a difference to many clans.