Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Super Troops - Introducing the Super Barbarian!

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow19 View Post
    your perception of snark is off and I'm merely disagreeing with you.. I'm glad you feel you know more about a troop you havent used (or please let me and everyone else know you are a sc employee or tester) and many people dissed el primo when the info was released then rapidly jumped on a bandwagon of how awesome he is. if darian has that type of positive response to a comparison to el primo I will go with his post far before I believe you
    El Primo Level 8
    Damage per Second: 192
    Hit Points: 3350
    Housing Space: 12
    Movement:20

Super Barb Level 9
    Damage per Second: 200
    Hit Points: 1100
    Housing Space: 5

Looks like a nerfed El Primo to me. The lower hit points will be killed off quicker one by one by single point defenses. Splash and multi infernos will (likely) plow through them. At 540 damage per shot, a single max scattershot will all but take them out in two shots verses what would have taken 6 shots with El Primo.
    Last edited by Slayer339; March 26th, 2020 at 03:10 AM.

not intrested, the huge cost is prerty sure, i'm about decide to upgrade my heroes instead of that temporarily buff.

What are they Raged to? What is the ... info on the info page?

-me

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alvinsc1997 View Post
    not intrested, the huge cost is prerty sure, i'm about decide to upgrade my heroes instead of that temporarily buff.
    I see this as more of a loot dump for those at or near endgame. I wouldn't be surprised if other troops require large amounts of gold or elixer (or even some of both) to supersize.

At 50k DE for a near max TH13 in legends is roughly the take in 1 day's worth of raids.
    (So equivalent gold or elixer could be 4 million for another troop)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Gear ups are intentionally designed to be different but without significant advantage
    Last edited by Slayer339; March 26th, 2020 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Gear ups are intentionally designed to be different but without significant advantage, so that they wouldn't make people feel forced to play BB to get them.
    I thought they deal more damage all this time 😡 gonna switch them back to normal now.

Quote Originally Posted by basilbrush303 View Post
    But what can a raged super barb take out in those 8 seconds? Because of the increased HP it has longer to use its special feature and thus will be more effective than normal barbs. It will live through several mortar shots while the 5 barbs would not.

You just need to give these things time. I am sure there will be plenty of people who come up with excellent uses for them. personally I think they do well at creating a funnel or 9 of them in a blimp being the new yeti bomb. Plus it would no longer require the rage spell. Lets just wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer339 View Post
    El Primo Level 8
    Damage per Second: 192
    Hit Points: 3350
    Housing Space: 12

Super Barb Level 9
    Damage per Second: 200
    Hit Points: 1100
    Housing Space: 5

Looks like a nerfed El Primo to me. The lower hit points will be killed off quicker one by one by single point defenses. Splash and multi infernos will (likely) plow through them. At 540 damage per shot, a single max scattershot will all but take them out in two shots verses what would have taken 6 shots with El Primo.
    El Primo was awfully OP, in a group they melted walls (had a damage multiplier vs walls) and, for example, you could Healer-charge them through more than half a base and 3* with backend hogs.

If you compare them at equal housing space, the super barbarian has approx 70% hitpoints and 250% their damage

Hopefully these are a balanced possibility. Watch Galadon's video and think what you can get with some defense-targeting backend
    Last edited by eitiel; March 26th, 2020 at 06:51 AM. Reason: spelling, percentages, dmgvswalls

Hi all,
    I did not find an answer now, maybe I skipped it somewhere (hopefully not), but is there also a level 8 Super Barbarian, or do I have to max the barbarian first?

Quote Originally Posted by AyeAyeKai View Post
    Hi all,
    I did not find an answer now, maybe I skipped it somewhere (hopefully not), but is there also a level 8 Super Barbarian, or do I have to max the barbarian first?
    There is a level 8

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted11 View Post
    I thought they deal more damage all this time 😡 gonna switch them back to normal now.
    The cannon and AT does, at the cost of reduced range.

I dont remember when the last time i used barbarians in my army