Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Overachievers or cheaters?

Fresh Spawn

Overachievers or cheaters?

Ok so the derby started, what, like... maybe 9 hours ago... someone already completed EVERY 320 task. How is this even possible? I'm pretty much done with this game. I hate pay to play games like this, where rich kids get to spend money on diamonds to win a silly derby in a phone game to pass time and everyone else who cannot afford diamonds doesn't get to enjoy the game to the fullest. The people spending money on diamonds are at a totally unfair advantage and if I am to continue playing this game, that it something that needs to be fixed. You can spend diamonds on EVERYTHING to make the process speed up. It is totally unfair. God forbid someone wants to win a game without spending money on it. .-.

Hi Alan and welcome to the forum.
    You do not say, but it seems as though you are a ‘solo’ derby player. Forgive me if I am incorrect. I understand how frustrating it is to feel like you do not have a chance. There have been threads that you can search or find by looking a few pages back on others that have expressed the same feeling.

However, let me assure you that not all that finish early, or fast, are doing it by spending diamonds. Of course, some are. Let me give you a few tips that may help you to succeed in the next derby.

The NH matches are set at the time you take your first task. Many solo players will trash the board and prepare for all their tasks so that once they start the derby, they can finish rapidly. Each league has a different amount of tasks available, and each has a task that you can buy with 10 diamonds, if you like. Many NHs are trying to work their way up the leagues to the Champions League. The solo players know that they must finish quickly if they are to finish in the top 3 to be promoted. The NHs that finish in the bottom 3 are demoted. If the points are tied, winners are determined by the NH that finished first.

Have your machines available to prep production tasks. Learn about stacking items. And have at least the first orders on the truck board ones that you can and want to fill. Also, have your town filled with townies that have been served and are ready to release. Then you can choose a train task, town building task, specific townie task, and some basket tasks, as well.

You may want to even wait several days to start your derby, to make sure the tasks you have on the derby task board are the ones you want to do. No need to use diamonds to speed up the board. Just keep working on the best possible board for you.

I play in a small NH or 3 this week. I can assure you that with the tasks that are on our board, all 320s, we could easily be finishing up now if we chose, without spending diamonds. Preparation and the time or day you start (delayed start) can make all the difference in making the top 3.

I wish you luck on the next derby. Please keep asking questions!
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Pro Member
    What do you consider "winning"?
    I understand wanting to win the three extra prizes for getting in the top three. Long ago I talked to the others in my neighborhood and gave them my opinion. Buying the extra task becomes pricey and since we have kids in our neighborhood it is a bit unfair to ask them to spend their parents money just to get a few virtual "gifts". So as a team we decided that it was better for all of our stress levels to just derby the best we could. Regardless of what place we come in. We work to get the 9 horseshoe prizes and have decided that is good enough.
    I consider it a win if we finish the week without drama. Which we often do.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by Momscar View Post
    Hi Alan and welcome to the forum.
    You do not say, but it seems as though you are a ‘solo’ derby player. Forgive me if I am incorrect. I understand how frustrating it is to feel like you do not have a chance. There have been threads that you can search or find by looking a few pages back on others that have expressed the same feeling.

However, let me assure you that not all that finish early, or fast, are doing it by spending diamonds. Of course, some are. Let me give you a few tips that may help you to succeed in the next derby.

The NH matches are set at the time you take your first task. Many solo players will trash the board and prepare for all their tasks so that once they start the derby, they can finish rapidly. Each league has a different amount of tasks available, and each has a task that you can buy with 10 diamonds, if you like. Many NHs are trying to work their way up the leagues to the Champions League. The solo players know that they must finish quickly if they are to finish in the top 3 to be promoted. The NHs that finish in the bottom 3 are demoted. If the points are tied, winners are determined by the NH that finished first.

Have your machines available to prep production tasks. Learn about stacking items. And have at least the first orders on the truck board ones that you can and want to fill. Also, have your town filled with townies that have been served and are ready to release. Then you can choose a train task, town building task, specific townie task, and some basket tasks, as well.

You may want to even wait several days to start your derby, to make sure the tasks you have on the derby task board are the ones you want to do. No need to use diamonds to speed up the board. Just keep working on the best possible board for you.

I play in a small NH or 3 this week. I can assure you that with the tasks that are on our board, all 320s, we could easily be finishing up now if we chose, without spending diamonds. Preparation and the time or day you start (delayed start) can make all the difference in making the top 3.

I wish you luck on the next derby. Please keep asking questions!
    I play solo. And i never start derby till i have 10 tasks which i can finish instantly. Up to the point that i trash trucks task cause it takes 5 min to do. Its been weeks that when i start derby (with a start delayed by 2-3 days) Im ranked 10th, 11th... with 3 teams already done. How is this 'matching at the time you start'?

Whenever this happens, i dont bother taking the extra task and spending 10 diamonds on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ninagrozdanovic View Post
    I play solo. And i never start derby till i have 10 tasks which i can finish instantly. Up to the point that i trash trucks task cause it takes 5 min to do. Its been weeks that when i start derby (with a start delayed by 2-3 days) Im ranked 10th, 11th... with 3 teams already done. How is this 'matching at the time you start'?

Whenever this happens, i dont bother taking the extra task and spending 10 diamonds on it.
    I also derby solo (most of the time) and have noticed the same thing when using the delayed start method in REGULAR derbies, where there are multiple 320 pt tasks available. I've previously mentioned this in another thread, but something has changed with the delayed start in my experience.

Thank you TerMinus for the Sig!
    A message of hope-http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLSk3AVcUU

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ninagrozdanovic View Post

At the point where you take the first task your hood joins an appropriate Derby for the number of hoodies who are opted in.

The race you join hasn't been there from the moment that the Derby started, but it's quite possible that it has already been in existence for a while at the point that you join it, so those already racing have a slight advantage, but that is often quickly evened out.

My hood works with a delayed start. When we take the first task I look at the race tab straight away. On some weeks we are high in the ranks, with only a few other hoods competing against us. Fairly quickly other hoods join the race, filling up until (usually) there are 15 horses racing.

On some weeks we are much lower in the ranks - this week we were in 11th position, so 10 teams had joined that particular race before we did.

It's the luck of the draw! Luck is also a factor in the teams you race against; if you happen to be matched with serious racers they will rush ahead until they have completed all 10 tasks.

There have been weeks when there haven't been 15 in our group. I speculate that there is a finite time in which teams can join a particular race, but I have nothing to confirm that.

I hope this helps.

Hay Day level 182 (main farm) - I have seven others!

I also play another game that I pay a monthly subscription to. If I want the extras I have to pay for them too and I can't compete with others. That's just the way it is and if I don't like it then I can quit. Once in awhile to spend a few dollars in a free game that I enjoy is super to me. We all have to make choices. Super Cell must have a huge bill to put this game out for free for millions of people. They have to get revenue somewhere and very few people seem to understand that.
    Halloweeners
    ID #P8POURGU

I think we all pay something for everything... one way or another.

I do not consider myself a cheater because I buy diamonds. You can find free ones in the game. I will say that the first time I saw the big 4000 diamond offer pop up, I gulped and closed it down so fast! Lol. But when i got to thinking about it.... and got out the calculator, I realized it was only about .02 each! So I saved my change from when we shopped irl, put a bowl out for my husband to empty pockets etc. Soon i had enough to buy it.

This is just to say that it's not just people with lots of money, not cheaters, etc.

Thanks,
    Kathy
    Last edited by emailkathy2016; March 30th, 2020 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Auto correct is whack,

Quote Originally Posted by emailkathy2016 View Post
    I think we all pay something for everything... one way or another.

I do not consider myself a cheater because I buy diamonds. You can find free ones in the game. I will say that the first time I saw the big 4000 diamond offer pop up, I gulped and closed it down so fast! Lol. But when i got to thinking about it.... and got out the calculator, I realized it was only about .02 each! So I saved my change from when we shopped irl, put a bowl out for my husband to empty pockets etc. Soon i had enough to buy it.

This is just to say that it's not just people with lots of money, not cheaters, etc.

Thanks,
    Kathy
    I only buy diamonds if there is a deco that I really want attached. I check every chest in the water, make sure I find chests on people's farms and I have gotten thirteen diamonds more than once. I hoard my diamonds and use them as a last resort. It can be done but it seems most people don't want to put the effort in.
    Halloweeners
    ID #P8POURGU

Forum Champion
    Anyone playing within the limitations of the game isn't cheating.

To think otherwise is sour grapes.

Anyone circumventing, or trying to circumvent, the game's limitations is cheating.