Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cwl

Trainee
    Probably the same as Your clan
    P.S.- There is no way to tell for sure cwl matchmaking is league based not war weight based.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    No disrespect meant.. Puma is one of the good guys.. And he knows his stuff..
    Just seems like the initial response was posted this time, without the proof reading/rewording process we usually go thru to tone it down a little..
    My conclusion was in light of the current strains imposed on all of us.. i can still go to work.. I can still go visit my mother, since she is in need of care and support..
    But even still, the stress of being forced to stay indoors all other times is going to create a hostile environment within our household.. We are used to doing our own thing.
    Heck, its gonna be like being on holiday lol.

Not that I dont agree with with what he said.. he was responding to a totally unhelpful and unnecessary post.
    Oh no, I was simply laughing at your sense of humour, no disrespect intended at all. I do sometimes enjoy reading posts laced with savagery, as long as I am not at the receiving end of it

Quote Originally Posted by DrPenguin014 View Post
    P.S.- There is no way to tell for sure cwl matchmaking is league based not war weight based.
    Sure there is a way to tell its league based..
    No matter how much the roster changes, your clan will be in the tier that the results of the previous season determined.
    A clan that sandbags entry season, then changes up to heavy bases, will still do cwl in the league/tier that the sandbag accounts set up..
    If it was weight based, a clan could conceivably jump from silver one season straight into champs, dependant on the roster it enrols.

if you simply mean matching within the tier, then official acknowledgement from Darian (SC) that the matching is random is certainty enough for me to believe.

LOL

Not anything to do with lockdown. It was clear to me that the OP was wanting to know what sort of TH competition he would face in masters 2 switching from 15v to 30v. This is a very fair question. In many cases I have seen tougher competition at 30v than 15v (I think onyx has published data like this he gleaned from the API). Darian's response was, in a word, ridiculous given that Supercell most certainly know averages at all tiers and all 15v and 30v wars. I mean OP is certainly not likely to see 7 clans with 30 TH9s, right? his response made it seem like that is equally as likely as seeing 7 clans with 30 TH13s. If he's not going to help, he just should not respond rather than respond the way he did - he's not an average poster he's a representative of SC within our community.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; March 26th, 2020 at 02:15 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPenguin014 View Post
    Except in the very high leagues (where it is all or almost all TH13), that is quite rare.

Unless you think Darian would lie to us, then we certainly do know for sure.

And everything I have ever seen either reported by others or personally bears that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    LOL

Not anything to do with lockdown. It was clear to me that the OP was wanting to know what sort of TH competition he would face in masters 2 switching from 15v to 30v. This is a very fair question. In many cases I have seen tougher competition at 30v than 15v (I think onyx has published data like this he gleaned from the API). Darian's response was, in a word, ridiculous given that Supercell most certainly know averages at all tiers and all 15v and 30v wars. I mean OP is certainly not likely to see 7 clans with 30 TH9s, right? his response made it seem like that is equally as likely as seeing 7 clans with 30 TH13s. If he's not going to help, he just should not respond rather than respond the way he did - he's not an average poster he's a representative of SC within our community.
    I don't know why you have an issue with what Darian said.

It was correct.

Until you are up into Masters 1 for 30v30, probably Champions for 15v15, it is impossible to predict what sort of clans you will come up against.

There is such a wide variety that even giving average numbers of each TH level isn't going to be very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

LOL

Given the way thing have been the last few months, all they could say is something like it averages x percent th y. Which is a fairly meaningless number. We were in crystal 1 for 6 months mostly running 30v30. The clans varied widely. And it changed month to month. Sometimes we had a tough group, sometimes an easier one. Even 9ur numbers change through a single week. We didnt run the same lineup. A player can say we saw this last month. However, that doesnt mean it will happen next month or that someone else saw the same. And people find the darndest things to get their knickers in a twist over.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Atterton View Post
    My clan in Masters 2 thinking running 30 war.

Have 19 town hall 13s
    And 11 town hall 12s

What sort clans would I come up against is worth doing it.
    The clans in Master 2 will average 20+ town hall 13’s. Several CWL tournaments ago our Master 2 group was actually tougher than our next two Master 1 groups which we aced 14-0.
    Last edited by JtB; March 27th, 2020 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I don't know why you have an issue with what Darian said.

It was correct.

Until you are up into Masters 1 for 30v30, probably Champions for 15v15, it is impossible to predict what sort of clans you will come up against.

There is such a wide variety that even giving average numbers of each TH level isn't going to be very useful.
    I don't know why you think knowing the average is not useful. If I'm doing 15v, and I'm seeing 5/5/5 on average it would be helpful to know that switching to 30v would result in 20/10/0 vs 5/5/5/10/5, on average right?
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; March 29th, 2020 at 09:00 PM.

I don't know why you think knowing the average is not useful. If I'm doing 15v, and I'm seeing 5/5/5 on average it would be helpful to know that switching to 30v would result in 20/10/0 vs 5/5/5/10/5, on average right?
    Agree.. But even without having ever been any higher than Crystal 2, and knowing that M1 is the highest tier a clan can do the 30v option in, and having been here reading about the clans that avoid being promoted to Champs because of it
    (phew, pause for breath)..

We can pretty much guess that 1 tier below that is going to be heavy, real heavy..
    I would be expecting a lot of decent 13s by now in M2.. I would also predict that 15v will be heavy now too, but with more levels above M2 at that size, it may still be the easier way to go.. Dependant on the strength in depth of ones own clan.