Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mods under too much stress, more needed?

Mods under too much stress, more needed?

Noting that Holps has retired, Lach and Raindragon (Pet) are not on too much, is it time that the Forums have a couple new mods? Reddit regularly (both app and discord) takes on new mods, but I have not seen any new here for a while.

I recognise Ajax's role in policing nearly everything but that is surely not fair on him, so may I suggest we look at helping the mods that remain by adding a few more?

I think that would help to make the community a more vibrant place.

Come swing your pants at Very Hard. We love Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows

Thanks to TerMinus Prime for signature.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    I'm speculating the following. The forum moderators are active in the forums because they have the spare time to moderate the forums. At various times in their lives, some of them are busier so they are less active in the forums. Like the tides, they ebb and flow during their tenures as forum moderators.

If the forum moderators feel overburdened by their duties and need assistance, then they will discuss which members to invite and join the Mod Squad.

Ajax, we rarely see you in the Hay Day subforum lately. Have you stopped playing HD?

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    March 23, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 1 Week Ago at 12:45 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Best way to know if mods need help would be mods speaking up on this issue.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I'm speculating the following. The forum moderators are active in the forums because they have the spare time to moderate the forums. At various times in their lives, some of them are busier so they are less active in the forums. Like the tides, they ebb and flow during their tenures as forum moderators.

If the forum moderators feel overburdened by their duties and need assistance, then they will discuss which members to invite and join the Mod Squad.

Ajax, we rarely see you in the Hay Day subforum lately. Have you stopped playing HD?

---
    March 23, 2020
    I'm still playing, just not spending very much time in that part of the forums.

I only have one HD account, compared to my 5 Clash accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeCowboy View Post
    Best way to know if mods need help would be mods speaking up on this issue.
    If we feel more are needed, we will appoint more.

Right at the moment, I don't think it is necessary - we did have a discussion fairly recently about it.

The fact I post the most doesn't mean I'm necessarily doing the most moderating. There are about half a dozen of us fully active at the moment, and a few more who are currently a bit lower in activity, and with CR forums gone, that reduced our workload hugely. If that had still been here, I'm sure we would have taken on mre mods by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Nothing against the mods but what makes the forums vibrant is players having good discussions. Mods help that by taking out the trash. I dont see the need for more mods unless they feel the load is too much. Personally, if they got crazy and offered to me, I'd decline. I have a hard enough time not calling someone a moron for daring to disagree with my obvious supreme rightness.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

The best way to help the mods is to try and stick to the rules. If everyone did that, they probably had much less stress.

I keep trying
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    ...The fact I post the most doesn't mean I'm necessarily doing the most moderating. There are about half a dozen of us fully active at the moment, and a few more who are currently a bit lower in activity, and with CR forums gone, that reduced our workload hugely. If that had still been here, I'm sure we would have taken on mre mods by now.
    You've made a good point. Your fellow moderators may not post as often as you've done recently, but they're online often to abate the occasional flood of spam. That spam posts didn't remain on the Supercell forums for more than 24 hours would indicate that the Mod Squad is working quietly behind the scenes to keep the forums clean.

A few years ago, I compared the Mod Squad to submarines, on patrol and always watching.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...=1#post8812250

---
    March 23, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 1 Week Ago at 01:27 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    ... That spam posts didn't remain on the Supercell forums for more than 24 hours would indicate that the Mod Squad is working quietly behind the scenes to keep the forums clean...
    ---
    March 23, 2020
    I rarely see any spam that is more than around 5 hours old, although we sometimes find an older post where a spam link has been added in later.

Many of the mods work in "invisible mode" which means that you don't see us online. We're here though!

Hay Day level 182 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Whilst abating spam is always valuable and appreciated, perhaps the ability to keep humour going and a wide variety of views is more valuable. If we have more mods invested to keep the forums going and a good place to be then I believe the community will be a better place. I started lurking the forums as a TH7 4 years ago and have always enjoyed seeing some of the community elders having great discussions. I would be sad to see that go

Come swing your pants at Very Hard. We love Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows

Thanks to TerMinus Prime for signature.