Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mods under too much stress, more needed?

  1. #11
    Millennial Club Tahoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,359
    Can a mod tell me if the list of "Forum Chiefs" is currently up to date? Thanks.

    I think the forum becomes more lively when the mods jump in with some humor. It needs more of that, imo.

    Thank you TerMinus for the awesome sig!



  2. #12
    TheGneissRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    rock
    Posts
    4,275
    To reiterate Ajax’s point, activity in public channels is not a sign of active moderating. Since the moderation log is not publicly visible (and for good reason!), drawing empirical conclusions about activity is groundless.


    Reddit Omega

  3. #13
    WussyPuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Richmond, BC Canada
    Posts
    6,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Imjustaboutokinwar View Post
    Whilst abating spam is always valuable and appreciated, perhaps the ability to keep humour going and a wide variety of views is more valuable. If we have more mods invested to keep the forums going and a good place to be then I believe the community will be a better place. I started lurking the forums as a TH7 4 years ago and have always enjoyed seeing some of the community elders having great discussions. I would be sad to see that go

    maybe they donít have a sense of humour?
    Farm 141
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 53 GW 26
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

    Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    maybe they don’t have a sense of humour?
    Where can I download one of those?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  5. #15
    Forum All-Star LynnK2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Where can I download one of those?
    I was prepared for your dry humor and was wearing my seatbelt, so I didn't fall out of my chair laughing.

    In the beginning of this thread, I didn't think the forum moderators are "under too much stress" while they executed their duties.

    Now I must confess that I feel stress after reading our high expectations for our forum moderators. They are expected to be active in discussing the games, quash spam quickly, and make the forums more lively by jumping in with humor.

    Speaking for myself, I don't have such lofty expectations for the Mod Squad because it's too much to ask, IMO. I know they have a sense a humor because I think they need it to cope with some of our bizarre posts.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 1 Week Ago at 09:01 AM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

  6. #16
    Millennial Club Tahoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,359
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I was prepared for your dry humor and was wearing my seatbelt, so I didn't fall out of my chair laughing.

    In the beginning of this thread, I didn't think the forum moderators are "under too much stress" while they executed their duties.

    Now I must confess that I feel stress after reading our high expectations for our forum moderators. They are expected to be active in discussing the games, quash spam quickly, and make the forums more lively by jumping in with humor.

    Speaking for myself, I don't have such lofty expectations for the Mod Squad because it's too much to ask, IMO. I know they have a sense a humor because I think they need it to cope with some of our bizarre posts.
    I don't really see these things (except the deleting spam quickly one) as "high expectations". But then, that's just me.

    Thank you TerMinus for the awesome sig!



  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Bakunin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Wide Oceans Full Of Tears
    Posts
    3,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Can a mod tell me if the list of "Forum Chiefs" is currently up to date? Thanks.
    In terms of moderators and GASPS, yes it is - couldn't say for SC staff.


  8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #18
    SharkyFinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Everywhere. Always watching.
    Posts
    10,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Imjustaboutokinwar View Post
    Whilst abating spam is always valuable and appreciated, perhaps the ability to keep humour going and a wide variety of views is more valuable.
    The current team is active every day on the forums. All the moderators have their own opinions, but many don't share them regularly because a post from a moderator sometimes causes a thread to move off into a different direction. If a thread veers off on its own, a moderator may post to bring it back in line, but most threads do just fine on their own with a wide variety of knowledgeable opinions. During update time, lots of the threads deal with speculation about new content. We can't really add a lot to those threads outside of some benign comments or hints, because we already know what's coming.

    Whenever a moderator posts, the thread gets the Supercell logo. If you look down the threads, you'll see that the vast majority of them have the logo. Right now of the 20 most recent threads in General, 16 of them have the logo. That's a whopping 80% of the threads. So while it may feel like moderators don't post, we actaully post a lot. You also have to consider that we have a whole team of Game Specialists who discuss the game in pretty much every thread. You should see those as an extension of the forum team and give them more credit for their contributions.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 689 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

  9. #19
    Millennial Club MommySnooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    -40 degrees C now. Winter it is.
    Posts
    1,143
    I agree about the GASPs adding to things. If I am skimming a thread, my first attention is to a friend’s post because that’s how I usually see the threads, then I skim for orange and blue and usually find what I need. Thanks, GASPs.


    Thanks for the pic, Katana! (And Tahoe for getting a working link, lol.)

    I still need a new quote, though. Waiting for just the right one.

  10. #20
    Forum All-Star LynnK2015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    In terms of moderators and GASPS, yes it is - couldn't say for SC staff.
    I just noticed that smolson has stepped down from the Mod Squad. Thank you smolson for your service to our community.

    Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    ...Whenever a moderator posts, the thread gets the Supercell logo. If you look down the threads, you'll see that the vast majority of them have the logo. Right now of the 20 most recent threads in General, 16 of them have the logo. That's a whopping 80% of the threads. So while it may feel like moderators don't post, we actaully post a lot. You also have to consider that we have a whole team of Game Specialists who discuss the game in pretty much every thread. You should see those as an extension of the forum team and give them more credit for their contributions.
    Indeed, the GASPs will celebrate the fifth anniversary of their founding in June. GASPs have earned their reputation as members who provide helpful answers to us readers regularly.

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...me-Specialists

    ---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    March 24, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 6 Days Ago at 09:39 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •