Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Rules Should be Loosened.

Rules Should be Loosened.

Hello. Today I am posting something that, contrary to my beliefs that COVID-19 shouldn't be milked, I feel should happen to help those under a Quarantine.

Moderators, may I ask you to loosen some rules? I know you cannot loosen the in-game rules, but I feel you should discuss a possible temporary rework of the rules.

Possible Rule Change Suggestions:
    - Bans should only be possible if these rules are broken:
    - Harassment (Racism, Bullying, and any other related thing.)
    - Spamming (Unless you are the meat Spam.)
    - Hacking (Kinda obvious.)
    - Toxicity (GET OUT YOU NUCLEAR WASTE. Yes that is a joke, but seriously no toxicity.)

These things shouldn't be a bannable offense:
    - Asking mods for in-game account help.
    - Perm Ban in-game (ONLY IF THEY ARE GOOD ON THE FORUMS.)
    - Trolling (Mild Trolling only, perhaps only on a special sub forum just for this cause, like a Nonsense sub forum.)

These things should be reworked:
    - Multi Accounts (If possible, merge the accounts into one. Posts should remain, but post COUNT should be divided by how many accounts were merged.)
    - GIF Avatar/Signature (Why is this even a rule? Can you just make GIFs unsupported for those things?

Please do not punish me for discussion of rules. I am just requesting a temporary rework of rules to help out people under Quarantine, as I feel this would be a very nice thing for the mods to do.
    Humans are human. Cats are Ex-Egyptian God's, but Dogs are the ones who remain Reverse God's.
    RIP Barley, Cammie, and Roxy. May they Roof in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgey View Post
    These things shouldn't be a bannable offense:
    - Asking mods for in-game account help.
    Moderators and forumers cant help you with account recovery. We can only give advices and maybe guide you to a workaround if possible.

- Perm Ban in-game (ONLY IF THEY ARE GOOD ON THE FORUMS.)
    If you are permanently banned in the game then you will be banned on forum. Latey i have seen a lot of people having permanently banned villages but arent banned on forum.
    If you are banned on forum then it has no effect on your game account.

- Trolling (Mild Trolling only, perhaps only on a special sub forum just for this cause, like a Nonsense sub forum.)
    Trolling is trolling.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; 1 Week Ago at 09:13 PM.

No clue what any of this has to do with the real life issues in the world these days.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210

Forum Elder
    Mods are volunteers, I'd imagine they're already dealing with extra forum traffic already. Cut them some slack maybe?

??? Not sure how changing rules would help. Rules work because they are clear and fairly obvious.

Also this should probably be moved to forum talk subforum.....

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgey View Post
    ...These things should be reworked:
    - Multi Accounts (If possible, merge the accounts into one. Posts should remain, but post COUNT should be divided by how many accounts were merged.)...
    In before close. Just kidding.

But seriously, it takes resources for the forum moderators to find naughty users who created multiple forum accounts. Merging multiple accounts into one will create extra work for the Mod Squad, so I don't support this proposal.

Rule #8 exists to deter sock puppets, so the punishment is appropriate, IMHO.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Rules-READ%21
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 1 Week Ago at 09:23 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    That’s not going to happen.
    Rules are in place for a good reason and temporarily changing them will only cause lots of confusion now and when they’d be turned back.

I don’t see any correlation between relaxing the rules and the current situation. Just because of the Covid situation.
    Even if people are bored out of their minds at homes that’s no excuse to break the rules.

In fact some rules might even need to require more strict enforcing like trolling as they can cause people to react more extreme due to the tension they may be suffering.
    Its also clear you don't realize how serious the problem of multiple accounts is for example.

And for the record we don't ban people just for asking help with their in-game account, it’s just we CANNOT do anything about it whatsoever. It’s way out of our jurisdiction so to speak.

Now what to do about things like starting threads in the wrong place...
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; 1 Week Ago at 09:39 PM.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG