Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Base Change Cooldown Period in Legend League.. why???

Centennial Club

Base Change Cooldown Period in Legend League.. why???

I'm sorry to say but this cool down period for making even the slightest change to any base layout or adding a new layout before the next league day in legend league is ridiculous! When you're stuck with a base layout that doesn't hold up on defense well because you're forced to stay with the same layout with the cool down period that puts you into the the next league day is extremely frustrating! My question is what is the purpose of this implementation of this cool down period in the first place, and why does it always force you to use the same layout into the next league day??

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    The layout change cool down must be 24 hours to prevent players from using the friendly challenge feature to copy enemy war bases and practice on them. There is not a separate cool down specific to Legend, because the cool down applies to the editor, not the game mode. All layouts can then be copied/assigned for any purpose, whether it be for war, multiplayer, FCs, or Legend, so the cool down has to apply to all.

Having the cool down not trigger for slight changes is frequently requested, but where is the line drawn on changes?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    Having the cool down not trigger for slight changes is frequently requested, but where is the line drawn on changes?
    This is my point.. even the slightest changes, as in changing the direction of an air sweeper, moving a few wall pieces or anything it seems triggers the timer. Just the fact of trying to dump a crappy layout that doesnt hold up to defense and stuck having to use it for another league day when you're trying to push for trophies is extremely disappointing... the higher you go in trophies, the harder your opponents hit your base so you have to adjust accordingly, but the timer gets in the way of that..
    Last edited by nighthawk34691; March 22nd, 2020 at 02:44 AM.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk34691 View Post
    This is my point.. even the slightest changes, as in changing the direction of an air sweeper, moving a few wall pieces or anything it seems triggers the timer. Just the fact of trying to dump a crappy layout that doesnt hold up to defense and stuck having to use it for another league day when you're trying to push for trophies is extremely disappointing... the higher you go in trophies, the harder your opponents hit your base so you have to adjust accordingly, but the timer gets in the way of that..
    It’s potentially frustrating. I mentioned in another thread a while back that I moved five buildings, and it triggered a cool down, but my point in that thread was saying the cool down isn’t always 24 hours, because sometimes (in Legend) it’s more. I thought at some point they made changes that certain moves, maybe swaps of structures with similar footprints, traps, and/or teslas, and of course mode swaps for the xbow/inferno don’t trigger the cool down. I tried to locate the old update thread that might contain that information and couldn’t find it, possibly because I don’t know when that update occurred, or it doesn’t exist. The CoC wiki doesn’t even mention the words “cool down” or the word “cooldown” on its Village Edit page, making it an unreliable source.

The reason is because if I copy an enemy base right now from war and set it as my legend base for tomorrow, I could then watch up to 8 replays of attacks on my base. This has the potential to show me weaknesses that I can exploit during my war attack.

Quote Originally Posted by SomePeopleCallMeMaurice View Post
    The reason is because if I copy an enemy base right now from war and set it as my legend base for tomorrow, I could then watch up to 8 replays of attacks on my base. This has the potential to show me weaknesses that I can exploit during my war attack.
    Never thought of that but it makes sense.

For a time I believed moving wall pieces around so you have the strongest where you need them did not effect Legends league but that is true only for your active legends base. It does not help OP who just made changes to a prior design..even just walls or traps, those all start the 24 hour lock out which can actually cost you 2 full legends days, It is annoying... we all know the purpose... but it really need not be so punitive as to apply to those who want to swap in a pre-existing base, and make a few wall or trap changes.
    Last edited by Rylon; March 22nd, 2020 at 06:05 AM.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk34691 View Post
    I'm sorry to say but this cool down period for making even the slightest change to any base layout or adding a new layout before the next league day in legend league is ridiculous! When you're stuck with a base layout that doesn't hold up on defense well because you're forced to stay with the same layout with the cool down period that puts you into the the next league day is extremely frustrating! My question is what is the purpose of this implementation of this cool down period in the first place, and why does it always force you to use the same layout into the next league day??
    Others have explainec the rationale behind the cooldown.

The reason why it is so long in Legends is that it takes a copy of your base at the start of the legends day, and that is what then gets attacked, not your actual current base.

So in order to be sure it is at least 24 hours after changes before it can be attacked, you can only assign it after the start of the next day, at which point it will be in place the following day from then.

This means it can be anything from 24 hours and 1 minute to 47 hours and 59 minutes from when you make changes until your base is in place, depending on when it was during the league day that you make them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

The question is why there is a cool down at all for bases assigned as Legend League base. Yes the cool down is needed for FC but would not been needed for LL bases.
    It could also be like: Make a change > assign it as LL base > Base is valid at start of next LL day
    Last edited by zellnera; March 22nd, 2020 at 10:44 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by zellnera View Post
    The question is why there is a cool down at all for bases assigned as Legend League base. Yes the cool down is needed for FC but would not been needed for LL bases.
    It could also be like: Make a change > assign it as LL base > Base is valid at start of next LL day
    See post 5 in this thread for an explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)