Thread: New Donation Update Ideas

New Bloke/Chick

Lightbulb New Donation Update Ideas

Just saw that new QOL update for better CC donations, overall pretty good i must say, people can always get the correct cc troops for war or for pushing, but there are always some cons when bringing this update:
    • Donation clans like REQ N' GO etc will now donate much more slowly because of unwanted specific troop requests(Most of them only donate giants and loons and are totally unprepared for donating other troops) Some of the donators are low townhalls and would not be able to donate the troops in maxed level
    • Level XP Farming by clanhopping will be non-existent, making people more attracted to Goblin XP(Using queen to take down goblinhall in the map the Arena or Goblin Picnic if low-townhall,encourages Botting or third party software automation scripts, pretty bad)

I think that this mechanic was specifically implemented for war donations, and if that's the case i totally agree over receiving a bunch of low level giants from clan hoppers. However, more changes should be made like:
    • Clan leaders/coleaders can set a blacklist for troops/spells/siege that people do not/cannot donate in clan. When trying to Request these troops , the troop option would be greyed out, saying that the current clan the player is in does not allow "troop" donations and recommending the player to go to other clans for this troop.
    • If the clan does not have players that can donate this kind of troop/spell/siege(most common in clans with no th12 or 13), the troop icon will be yellowed(or literally any other colour rather than green for available and grey for disabled).If he proceeds to request this troop,A warning message will tell the player that the clan does not have any players available to donate this troop. Here the player can proceed to request the troops he wants, but as accordingly no one will donate him. Or he can cancel and choose for another troop. This warning message can be turned off in more-settings of the settings menu
    • To prevent abuse and donation clogging, Players can only use this specific troop requirement and max level requirement once every 5 times at a lv1 clan(Or any number depending on how sc thinks of this idea). Clan perks would increase the number of times you can use this specific troop request.

I never liked the idea of receiving wrong troops, but we always need to think of this update on different spectrums. Donators might especially hate this new update considering how many obstructions the update brings with. Therefore, balances must be made or else no one will be encouraged to donate more troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Teinc6 View Post
    Clan leaders/coleaders can set a blacklist for troops/spells/siege that people do not/cannot donate in clan. When trying to Request these troops , the troop option would be greyed out, saying that the current clan the player is in does not allow "troop" donations and recommending the player to go to other clans for this troop.
    I don't like the idea that anyone could prevent me requesting anything I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Teinc6 View Post
    Donators might especially hate this new update considering how many obstructions the update brings with.
    I don't see what's there to hate if you're not talking about these reqngo-donators.
    In our clan it's only allowed to donate requested troops and I don't see any of our clan donators complaining about it.

Welcome
    To
    Finland -> discord.gg/84YVXyh

Quote Originally Posted by RaBBjt View Post
    I don't like the idea that anyone could prevent me requesting anything I want.

if you don’t trust your leader/co leads maybe your in the wrong clan?

Credits to Alex for this great Sig

{Ign: Fizz}{Clan:Invictus Fire}
    {Lvl: 204 - Th12}{FIN: 501k }{Heroes: 47-52-19}{GG/EE: 1.6 B/ 1.6 B}

Quote Originally Posted by FizzerCC View Post
    if you don’t trust your leader/co leads maybe your in the wrong clan?
    That have nothing to do with trust. I want to be able to request anything I want.
    This kind of idea to make some kind of restriction to prevent requesting certain troops seems to benefit only these reqngo clan members who want to donate their giants to everyone.

Welcome
    To
    Finland -> discord.gg/84YVXyh

You can still request the old way.... if people ask for troops in a req and go clan that no one will donate, it will stay infilled. Leaders can then kick those requesters also, if choosing to.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 15 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH11 | AQ: L50 | BK: 50| GW 20 - League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L55 | BK: 55| GW 30 - League: Legends (Highest) | Max Tropies: 5000+

Quote Originally Posted by RaBBjt View Post
    That have nothing to do with trust. I want to be able to request anything I want.
    This kind of idea to make some kind of restriction to prevent requesting certain troops seems to benefit only these reqngo clan members who want to donate their giants to everyone.
    Agree that people should be able to request what they want, without interference from leadership..
    But I also think it is up to individual clan members if they wish to honour/fill those requests.