Page 29 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Ringus: An Early-Mid TH9 Farming Hog-Cleansing Design

Quote Originally Posted by RuivoM View Post
    This is my layout so far. Yes they take 2-3 storages on mine but mostly I guess due to the early th9 defenses. What should I upgrade first? Mortar or xbow? The thing that somehow I don't like much is the wiz towers just outside, easy to destroy, elix easy to pick.

Attachment 27626
    You are holding a lot of resources and have TH8 level defences so, yeah, big attackers are going to see you as a juicy target. You could swap your elixir and heroes/drills over to see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RuivoM View Post
    This is my layout so far. Yes they take 2-3 storages on mine but mostly I guess due to the early th9 defenses. What should I upgrade first? Mortar or xbow? The thing that somehow I don't like much is the wiz towers just outside, easy to destroy, elix easy to pick.

Attachment 27626
    I think it's already great, if you just loose 2-3 storages to a heavy th 10 army.
    It will be better, once your defenses are higher level.
    As for upgrading, I was in the same situation, everybody told me to go for mortars first.
    I did it and I regret it.

Reasons:
    - Mortars shoot too slow, often the troops already changed to the next target.
    - Xbows are weaker, but they shoot very fast
    - Lv 7 Mortars only have 640 healthpoint (lv 8 670) and lv 1 xbows have already 1500 HP (lv 2 1900)
    This keeps the troops some more seconds on the same place to destroy one, which could be decisive.

I'd try to get the xbows to lv 3 asap (will do the same once my inferno towers are lv2) cause they get another 15 Hitpoint boost, which means something (especially against TIER 1 armee)

As you, I don't like the wt to be so exposed, in our trophy range we don't have a lot of air attacks (loons, dragons) so you could replace the WT with air defense, and the wt with mortars, which brings you more HP in front of storages and those are better covered by wt. Hope you see what I mean.

This is just my 0,02$, but perhaps I gave you some things to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by peabak View Post
    You are holding a lot of resources and have TH8 level defences so, yeah, big attackers are going to see you as a juicy target. You could swap your elixir and heroes/drills over to see if that helps.
    These are my last hard defences.. most of them are just th snipes but these 2 raids just let me think of it..
    2014-02-04 15.51.33.jpg

2014-02-04 15.51.17.jpg

"The balloons only have one life and the only way of finding out whether they work is to attempt to fly around the world."

38 Balloons, 25 Minions, 22 Archers, 2 Wizards, 5 Heal.

HOW many balloons?! HOW. MANY. BALLOONS?!! Balloons! BalloooOoOoOooOOooOoons!

Looking at the speed the assault started I got the feeling this Level 147 attacker from Masters thought I'd be a quick three-star. Witness the fantastic performance from the two Hidden Teslas in the core. They saved me two stars. From now they shall be known as the two Johns. The left one John McClane and the right one John Rambo.

"Now I have a Hidden Telsa, ho! ho! ho!"

Hi Peabak,
    Have been using the design for the last couple of weeks including the push to masters.
    But off late the base is collapsing, lost three battles in succession, dont want to be a spoil sport but i will PM you on the same.

Would be nice to see if something can be done
    Level 104, TH9, 600+ mil gold grab, Donations: 65k +, Highest Trophies : 2669
    Walls: 147 level 9(Legos). AQ 11, BK 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahi View Post
    Hi Peabak,
    Have been using the design for the last couple of weeks including the push to masters.
    But off late the base is collapsing, lost three battles in succession, dont want to be a spoil sport but i will PM you on the same.

Would be nice to see if something can be done
    You might want to include your thoughts on what needs to be fixed. Without any input on why you lost, there's almost nothing he can do to help you.

Max TH10| Part of the Jedi Family! |Level 136| Trophy record: 3526| King 27, Queen 30
    Latest achievement: 1B Gold Grab | Walls: All Legos, 44/250 lavas
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAngryCatfish View Post
    Your the leader your responsible for your co-leaders.

Won over 200 trophies im crystal 3. Only lost 3 defences, one lucky 50% one 69% 2 star and a 99% balloonion(even with both xbows up). I blame it on my TH8 defences.. However i find the base a bit weak on giant / healers / wizards, especially when they use multiple healers on one side and the AD is down... Only one gets taken out by the air mine.
    Co-Leader of: The Criminals
    TH 9 ~ Maxing out stuff.
    Favorite Tactic: Balloonion!

I have adapted the core of this base. Hit 2626 with just defense. Awesome!

Hey Peabak

Just wanted to update you on a few changed ive made.

Centralised the cc moving the th Using the de storage and gold storage to shield the th
    Two mortars over lap to cover direct rout to th
    two ad in centre (originally your idea) awesome result.
    One xbow set to ground to cover th too (your idea to balance out the ad in the centre but wore well to cover th)
    using the elix storage to shield the wiz towers had really helped with barch and little elix raiders.
    i put the de drill in the centre instead of hero's as they were too easy to lure out either way. I put them on oppressive sides to make them more annoying to raiders.

what do you think? Could be a winner for trophy hunting? Thanks bud for this awesome design.

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Om3gaSe7en View Post
    Hey Peabak

Just wanted to update you on a few changed ive made.

Centralised the cc moving the th Using the de storage and gold storage to shield the th
    Two mortars over lap to cover direct rout to th
    two ad in centre (originally your idea) awesome result.
    One xbow set to ground to cover th too (your idea to balance out the ad in the centre but wore well to cover th)
    using the elix storage to shield the wiz towers had really helped with barch and little elix raiders.
    i put the de drill in the centre instead of hero's as they were too easy to lure out either way. I put them on oppressive sides to make them more annoying to raiders.

what do you think? Could be a winner for trophy hunting? Thanks bud for this awesome design.

image.jpg
    Looks pretty awesome to me. You're currently as high as I've ever been. At that trophy range TH10s are going to attack you just because you're TH9 and viewed as weak. GoWiWi is going to cause trouble. So will Mass Dragons. You'll start being happy with 1 and 2 star defeats because you weren't absolutely crushed. Will be interesting to know the highest defence you actually won.

Good luck!

Again, I've a friend of mine that's also using the same base but he wasn't so lucky. Got raided today with 40 hogriders lv5, some spells and archers and two things that we noticed.

1. The hogriders split to the core, don't know why tough.
    2. The giant bombs (lv3) didn't take out all the hogs, just let them almost dying but it was suppose to get the rid of them. At least in my personal defences it works.

Here's the video that he recorded to show you up. He says sorry to be on vertical, but I think you can see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCU8m...ature=youtu.be