Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Ringus: An Early-Mid TH9 Farming Hog-Cleansing Design

Quote Originally Posted by mikitaro View Post
    Love it, I hope everyone copies it. I love bases where I can get all there DE and not lose any trophies. Thanks
    Scroll up and you will see where OP moves it when he has a lot of DE. Try reading sometime, it will make you look less of an ignorant ♥♥♥.

A new defence tonight - 15 Giants, 2 Healers, 3xRage, L17 BK, L17 AQ.

Quite an emotional revenge. Who sends such a big army against 17k gold?! I can only assume they felt 2k DE was worth it. Two gold storages remained untouched so I'm quite happy with that. The giants stuck to the ring so things worked well.

To be fair, I think I got lucky when the rather powerful heroes walked by the DE storage. If I cared more about the DE I could swap it with the Clan Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by peabak View Post
    A new defence tonight - 15 Giants, 2 Healers, 3xRage, L17 BK, L17 AQ.

Quite an emotional revenge. Who sends such a big army against 17k gold?! I can only assume they felt 2k DE was worth it. Two gold storages remained untouched so I'm quite happy with that. The giants stuck to the ring so things worked well.

To be fair, I think I got lucky when the rather powerful heroes walked by the DE storage. If I cared more about the DE I could swap it with the Clan Castle.
    can you post your new defense complete with traps? I'd love to copy it!

Pretty solid anti hog base for a TH9.

It wont keep the pro hoggers out though. With 34 hogs I would attack this base as follows. Send in 4 hogs to take out the South east cannon next to the WT. This would destroy the cannon while pulling out the cc troops. Kill cc troops and heroes on the SE corner. Send in 2-3 hogs to take out the cannon on the SE. Send in tne rest from the SE corner. Once they destroy the WT, tesla and AT the closest defence is in the core and they will head that way and the base is busted. This strat will work for the other corners too.

Quote Originally Posted by Citruslash View Post
    can you post your new defense complete with traps? I'd love to copy it!
    The base in that defence is exactly the same as the one I posted on page 2.

Quote Originally Posted by vl0071 View Post
    It wont keep the pro hoggers out though. With 34 hogs I would attack this base as follows...
    Yes. All I can hope for there is you use up too many troops in baiting and breaking the ring that you don't have enough remaining for the main attack.

I've yet had anyone try that though.

I've heard some clanmates of me say that i should set the x-boss to face ground AND air, to also make the base anti-balloons. What do you recon?

Quote Originally Posted by KoningDulcis View Post
    I've heard some clanmates of me say that i should set the x-boss to face ground AND air, to also make the base anti-balloons. What do you recon?
    The short answer is, "I'm not sure. point one up and one down and see what happens".

The long answer is you need to weight up what's in the core (you may think 4 AD might be enough), whereabouts you are in trophies, how much you value that huge X-Bow ground range and then make a decision. The two air armies you need to be aware of is Mass-Dragons and Balloonions. With dragons I've never had a problem with having them point down. Not great attacks but here are two being handled by the AD in the core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNFK9ZCDg_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c_QyEpR5D4

Now Balloons are a defence-led troop so they should follow the ring around the base, like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VcLzXx1ZXI

However, they often come with the added complication of spawning in big sweeping lines which don't nicely pick off each building in the ring like a long string of pigs would. When this happens sometimes packs break off and move for the core. Sometimes the pack is big enough to cause real trouble...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE7ad9HdBWk

That has been the most successful attack on the base so far. After this I switched one to point up and left the other down. I haven't noticed a huge loss in range versus ground targets and air attacks haven't overwhelmed me since.

Caveat emptor!

Thanks for all the hard work and effort on this, having recently upgraded to TH9 this should be perfect for me. I've just changed from my adapted TH8 to your design, looking forward to seeing how things go with it.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man"

I logged on this afternoon and my Clan Leader (Moe from Azure Sky) shared a replay of a Ringus he found farming Crystal.

Despite the gold lost this is a partial success. The balloons split into packs with a tiny bunch heading for the core (quickly crushed by the AD). The other packs follow the ring. What nuked the core was the 80 Minions which followed. The TH8 AD and Level 1 X-Bows struggled to keep up. Maybe Wizard Towers would have been more effective. Level 3 X-Bows certainly would have.

What added to the loss was the low level gold storage which survived. If that was fully leveled the gold looted would have been ~25% less. Even if you don't need the space, get the new storage up asap to dilute your resources. No doubt (being a world class farmer) Moe saw this in advance and directed his attack accordingly.

Note also... the DE has been placed on the opposite side of the Town Hall. I think this is a mistake. I see the Town Hall as a big shield protecting that side. It probably wouldn't have made a difference here but in some tussles I feel it does.