Thread: Stack Quantity?

Stack Quantity?

I'm relatively new to Hay Day, been playing a few months and started stacking. The smelters seemed a perfect fit because I can use one per raw ore type and just stack the bars. My problem is I need to upgrade the personal train but don't want to start collecting bars until I'm sure I have 15 platinum bars. I have quite a few stacked but can't be certain since it takes a ridiculous amount of time to smelt one bar. I'm sure I have the 15 iron and 15 refined coal in the stack but if I start collecting and come up short, it cripples the barn cycle I've established. Any suggestions or techniques?

You can stack about 50 items on each machine. However, there is no way to know what is in that stack or how far down it is. I have a hoodmate that keeps a post-it note when she is stacking for the derby.

You may not have but 1 smelter, but you are able to buy up to 5. Some players attempt having all 5, 1 for each type of ore. That may work.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

I use the 5 smelter approach, one for each type of ore. Works great

Forum Champion
    You need barn space to reach the required bar numbers and types. For train upgrades, collect the bars you need as you go.

I stack my furnaces but only to save barn space.

Thanks for the replies. I use one smelter for each type of ore and rolled the dice on having enough platinum bars in the stack to upgrade the personal train. Fortune was with me because I had enough...now on to the next upgrade...