Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [HELP] War Weight.

There is no need to rush.
    In my experience, if your clan takes a slightly engineered base or rushed army base to war... then you will find a clan with a 'similarly' lopsided base. Might not be in the same position ie one or 2 places above or below. But it will be there. Sometimes in your clans favor, sometime not.
    War matchmaking algorithm went through an overhaul about a year ago and
    is getting much better now.
    We find matches with mainly identical town hall levels.
    Encourage your clan mates to keep their armies up to date. Even someone has level 1 goblins at th11 will hurt the matching as this is lopsided.
    Just my observation
    MEHRTS
    #Noob clan #JGQPJVU

Quote Originally Posted by Thammondwis View Post
    Been wondering about the whole "new" war weight myself. I took a break from COC around the middle of 2017 and started back up early this year. It was pretty clear cut on how to best upgrade your base back then. Now I'm not so sure and really can't find much useful info on it. I'm a max TH9 now with just walls and heroes 23/22 left to go. When I 1st started back up I was closer to a 8.5. I noticed that I was pretty consistently getting matched up against TH9's that had x-bows and usually lvl 3 at that.

So I started to pay more attention to the match ups. We had a few TH9's that held off on there x-bows and noticed that usually all our opponents TH9's had x-bows. It the past these types of match ups would have been very unlikely to happen. We also in this period ran into a engineered TH11 that had max troops but no x-bow/inferno/or eagle artillery. This particular match up we had 1 TH10, 5-6 TH9's, 4-5 TH8's and a couple TH5-7's they had a very similar lineup other than swapping one of our TH9's for their engineered TH11. As you can imagine they had huge advantage as their TH11 easily 3 starred our top 2 bases and then their TH10 easily 3 starred our next 2.

Wondering with the new war weight and match up algorithms, is it a disadvantage to hold off on major defenses until the very end of the TH? From my experience, it seems to be.
    i ran a lot of matching with bowless 9s.. I ended up with 7 of them at the top..
    The opposition almost always carry bows.. Its what most people do.
    And they usually had 7x TH9s too..
    Plus my troops were pretty much maxed out.. i run maxer type accounts (except for those bows)

But i found that I always had hero and wall advantage..
    So it isnt so much a disadvantage to hold off on the big ticket defences, its more, in my experience, that the matching will give some advantage in another area to make up for the weight saved by not dropping bows..

Biggest down side, is that wars tend to end up a draw, as they cancel each other out.

Quote Originally Posted by MEHRTStheDESTROYER View Post
    There is no need to rush.
    In my experience, if your clan takes a slightly engineered base or rushed army base to war... then you will find a clan with a 'similarly' lopsided base. Might not be in the same position ie one or 2 places above or below. But it will be there. Sometimes in your clans favor, sometime not.
    War matchmaking algorithm went through an overhaul about a year ago and
    is getting much better now.
    We find matches with mainly identical town hall levels.
    Encourage your clan mates to keep their armies up to date. Even someone has level 1 goblins at th11 will hurt the matching as this is lopsided.
    Just my observation
    MEHRTS
    #Noob clan #JGQPJVU

I dont see this so much..
    I see a high offence/low defence will sneak thru as make weight, if their roster has given up enough weight elsewhere..
    More so if the roster is too stretched, or the hall ratios dont flow thru the taper.. Roster engineering has its pitfalls..
    Heroes seem play a big part.. Big heroes will either draw big heroes, if the roster is balanced and common, or once again an offensively rushed can be used to recoup some lost weight/power, if their heroes tend to be below par..
    Obviously, if you include lop sided bases, the potential for drawing one increases.
    Not so sure not upgrading a single troop would have any effect you could identify as a reason for matching effect..

Another thing I see is that it often gives equal top hall..
    Even if your accounts are fairly balanced, you may see a lop sided version of that hall lower down, but the total number of "top hall" will still be the same.

[QUOTE=joshsgrandad;12506767

But i found that I always had hero and wall advantage..
    So it isnt so much a disadvantage to hold off on the big ticket defences, its more, in my experience, that the matching will give some advantage in another area to make up for the weight saved by not dropping bows..

[/QUOTE]

Yeah now that I think back, that does seem to match my experiences too. Which is better? We seemed to have fared pretty well in these wars so...

Quote Originally Posted by Thammondwis View Post
    Yeah now that I think back, that does seem to match my experiences too. Which is better? We seemed to have fared pretty well in these wars so...
    I feel its either/or mate, dependant on circumstances and longer term plans..

In my case, I was using mini's, so facing bows isnt so much of a problem, since I have the experience..
    And the heroes/walls are more ready for the next hall.
    For someone that is using a main account, those bows may prove difficult, until their experience grows.

A more balanced build I think would be preferable when doing a hall for the first time.. Maybe just on the offence side, to allow for a little more attacking bias.
    I think missing bows may be too much on the .5 side, and roster dependant, may throw a few curve ball wars..

My roster ran out of steam tho.. Accounts were getting too close to the max state, and lower accounts also hitting max for hall.. Was creating matches set up to draw..
    Jumped 4 of the 9s to 10 for cwl, and am dropping new mini's to start again..
    will find out which of the lowers are in or out once I start spinning again.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post

A more balanced build I think would be preferable when doing a hall for the first time.. Maybe just on the offence side, to allow for a little more attacking bias.
    I think missing bows may be too much on the .5 side, and roster dependant, may throw a few curve ball wars..
    Seems like good advice as I detailed in an earlier post in this thread that our clan ran into one of those curve ball wars with too many bases near the 8.5 range.

There are extensive discussions on War weight (defensive weight, and /or offensive weight) and the MM algorithm within the library that is this very forum.
    For starters, i'd suggest reading the sticky thread :-
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...AQ-Matchmaking

Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 16 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Mid TH12.