Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: One person neighborhood

Centennial Club

One person neighborhood

Can I have my own neighborhood and still do the derbies?

Yes you can. That’s the simple answer.

And be sure to ask plenty of questions about tips for winning (if that is your goal) once you get to the Champions League.

Good luck.
    Level 162
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    🐝 kind. 🤗

Centennial Club
    Thanks for the answer. I’d like to try it and see how it goes. In my hood people make mistakes, get too worked up and it’s becoming a chore. Thought maybe by myself it would be more enjoyable and more productive. Appreciate the reply!

A one human hood doesn't have to be a one farm hood. You multiply each horseshoe with every extra farm you juggle in. Just a thought.

FWIW, if you have a close friend or family member who plays, two players is much more fun than one. You need at least 3 humans for politics, so 2 is just nice.

Centennial Club
    Thanks Benjamin, I don’t have anyone else who plays. I’ve usually been in large hoods so haven’t thought about it. Can I still get all the horseshoes/prizes by playing alone or is that impossible? I still want to collect permits.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolC View Post
    Thanks Benjamin, I don’t have anyone else who plays. I’ve usually been in large hoods so haven’t thought about it. Can I still get all the horseshoes/prizes by playing alone or is that impossible? I still want to collect permits.
    Benjamin suggested that you could play more than one farm yourself.

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolC View Post
    Can I still get all the horseshoes/prizes by playing alone or is that impossible? I still want to collect permits.
    You can reach all horseshoes but starting with expert league you will need to do the extra task in addition to doing only 320s to reach the last horseshoe. Only exception I know of is power derby where in expert league solo player can reach last shoe without taking extra task and all 320s is not required (don’t know if this is still the case for champs league power derby). Ime things start getting competitive in expert league. Most will do 8x320. Less than this and u will likely be demoted. Those who want to place and/or reach all shoes will do 9x320.

there are some downsides to solo hood, the main one for me being the town as u don’t have any neighbors except Greg to pick up from. But there are gracious players like momscar and I believe others in this forum who have baby farms that usually don’t derby and can visit ur hood and let u pick up their townies if u ask them.

good luck!
    Last edited by QBIE; March 11th, 2020 at 05:50 PM.

I have been derbying in a solo hood for a while now and I love it. In the power derby doing all of the free tasks at 320 points will give you all the flags. In a normal derby, doing only free tasks will give you 7 flags and that's enough for the scrolls. If you're worried about being demoted wait as long as possible to start the derby. You don't get matched until you take a task so you can plan ahead a few tasks. The best thing, is there is nobody to disobey derby instructions! I set the hood to invite only so that I have control over how the derby is run, I would recommend that as well.

In the BINGO derby currently running, I can confidently do 3 bingos without someone messing it up. I consider this an advantage as well because the bingo lines can also give scrolls, but you need to shuffle the rewards a few times usually. I found I have less shuffling in the Champions league than the one below it.

If you have any more questions about solo derbying, please feel free to send me a private message.

Susanna
    Level 148, Town level 40, 144/144 Achievements
    Purchased last of all available house, truck and stand options from Maggie: November 18, 2019
    144th Achievement: December 18, 2019

Centennial Club
    Thanks to everyone for such helpful and encouraging answers. As soon as this derby is over I’ll start my own hood and go for it! Thanks again everyone!

I derbied solo until i stole my daughter’s farm I’m in the Champions League and did it solo for a few months. It is so easy and peaceful! I echo QBIE’s sentiment about the only downfall being that you don’t have neighborhoods to pick up town visitors (which is the reason I commandeered my teenager’s neglected farm). You will be matched with other solo players, however, so they have similar struggles. The only other hitch I have experienced is regarding being in the top 3 - one and two person hoods tend to finish in a day when you get to the higher leagues. The top 3 prizes don’t ever seem too lucrative me for (I’m after the scrolls predominantly as well), so it’s not an issue. Happy derbying!