Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL Bonus Medals

New Bloke/Chick
    I would love to see it changed so that it works mostly the same as now, but give the option to select more people than you would currently be allowed to select, giving each person an equivalently smaller # of bonus medals. So say you win all matches and get 9 bonuses of 60 medals each (540 total), but then you choose to give bonus medals to 12 people so they each get 45 (still 540 total)

My clan used to just go by "most stars out of people who never missed an attack", but this round we have 14 people with 7/7 attacks, and not enough bonuses to give one to everyone who deserves it. I'd love the option to give less medals to more people (but same amount total)

Quote Originally Posted by Slickeheels View Post
    While there is some sensible take away from joshgranddad’s comment. the type of leadership that is being cited is dictatorial. It’s my clan, my ball, my rules.. deal with it or I will kick you. Give the clan leadership a chance to be fair to all contributors and not have to run stupid spreadsheets on who got bonuses when and who is due next. We should have more play time and less heavy handed management and less drama.

As for upper tiers and lower tiers, game is for all tiers.. If you got more burning issues to fix, by all means fix those first.
    I can see why you could determine my statement as dictatorial..
    But it wasnt meant that way, nor does it need to be..

Most people join a clan for what they offer..
    And most stay for what they get..
    Everybody wants something..

Leadership therefore needs to firstly make available what they want..
    they then have to try and sustain it for the long term benefit of everyone whom has invested in your clan.. Hence each posters difference on value of the gains within the cwl system..

Everybody within a good clan should have a voice, but final decisions need to be taken by only 1 person, if harmony is to be preserved..
    Therefore, it isnt and shouldnt be dictatorial..
    It is simply a leader shouldering the burden of leadership responsibility..
    So long as the final choices are fair, then everybody should be content..

the clan as a whole determines what is made available to share initially, so anyone whom expects more than can be reasonably given should be deemed as someone that just may not be worth the hassle..
    Hence that part of my original statement..

As leader, even tho I do 13 out of 15 of the raids each cwl day, yet if we win no wars, I get no bonus..
    There are only 2 guaranteed bonus in Gold..
    I also set a target of trying for 8 stars per account for the week in cwl..
    I do suggest to the 2 guys to hit low each day to guarantee their 8, but also with Herries this week, leaving a 10 or newer/mid 11, I am guaranteed he will bring in a 3.. The guy can hit.. Kudos to him..

So Slicke.. Are these the scribings of a dictator?

i do agree that bonus allowance should be available to be broken down into bite size pieces if desired tho.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; March 11th, 2020 at 11:05 AM.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post

they then have to try and sustain it for the long term benefit of everyone whom has invested in your clan.. Hence each posters difference on value of the gains within the cwl system..

Everybody within a good clan should have a voice, but final decisions need to be taken by only 1 person, if harmony is to be preserved..
    It is simply a leader shouldering the burden of leadership..

the clan as a whole determines what is made available to share initially, so anyone whom expects more than can be reasonably given should be deemed as someone that just may not be worth the hassle.. Hence that part of my original statement..

As leader, even tho I do 13 out of 15 of the raids each cwl day, yet if we win no wars, I get no bonus..
    I do suggest to the 2 guys to hit low each day to guarantee their 8, but also with Herries this week, leaving a 10 or newer/mid 11, I am guaranteed he will bring in a 3.. The guy can hit.. Kudos to him..

i do agree that bonus allowance should be available to be broken down into bite size pieces if desired tho.
    Pretty much sums up our clan, except we have fewer minis each.

Too many confuse decisive and dictatorial actions. I'm hard and and fast with no second chances but those actions are simply enforcing agreed and publically stated policies and practices. Most importantly, those policies and practices protect the clan.

Dictators won't be reading this thread. They take all the bonuses for themselves or their friends (and be too busy enforcing a meaningless donation/request ratio).

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #24
    Great, You can keep your choice and add a fair bonus distribution choice as well. Clan leadership can decide what to use based on their style of leadership.
    The whole point of this was that we wouldn't keep our choice. That the game would automatically determine the distribution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Champion
    SC manages to determine the Best Attacker and Best Defender each war so we can be guaranteed they will produce the perfect CWL Bonus Reward Allocation system.

Automating the allocation process is only going to please leaders who can't handle every aspect of Leadership and want to divest decision making.

The OP is right to think 30v30 should start with 4 bonuses and 14v15 start with 2. It's a fair assumption and reasonable expectation.

I'd like to see two level of bonus with slightly different amounts. Perhaps win bonus medals can stay unchanged and the participating bonuses be raised by a tiny amount. If they wanted a Leader could distinguish between two types of reward,, reward for effort (donation, guidance, planning, defense, hitting high) and reward for result (stars) as an example.

While there are no extra bonus packs for 30v30, the clan overall still gets more medals than a clan in 15v15 since there are so many more people able to participate.

Here is what I suggest, give bonus medals automatically to all players who put in all attacks during the course of war league. 15 or 30 does not matter. If you miss an attack, no bonus for you. Please take it out of clan management hands. It’s a pain and source of mistrust in the clan. I read an old thread on this and some clans do not have this problem, which is lovely, but a ton of clans do have this problem and needs to be addressed soon.
    Where is the punishment Ajax ?.. I am saying keep the bonus but give it automatically to all players that put in all their attacks. Yes it will be more medals, but that’s what it takes to fix the mess that was created. Why put in features that disrupt harmony in the clans ?.
    So, you want to prevent my clan from continuing to give out bonus packs to players that don't take part in CWL. Why?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    Nice post.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post

It is simply a leader shouldering the burden of leadership responsibility..

the clan as a whole determines what is made available to share initially, so anyone whom expects more than can be reasonably given should be deemed as someone that just may not be worth the hassle..
    Hence that part of my original statement..

Joshsgranddad, yes, all I am saying is to make a fair distribution option available so it is less of a head ache for clan leadership.

It is wrong to assume all clans should function, operate or be lead the same way. Not that there is anything wrong with one type of leadership vs others. Do what works for you and your clan.

You seem to think about your players and your clanís best interest before making decisions. Which is great.

Nice post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The whole point of this was that we wouldn't keep our choice. That the game would automatically determine the distribution.
    Yeah, doesnít have to be all or nothing. There can be two different options. Here are your 9 bonuses of 75 bonus medals each or pick as many players for fair and even distribution.

Nice post.
    Quote Originally Posted by OzAudi View Post
    Pretty much sums up our clan, except we have fewer minis each.

Too many confuse decisive and dictatorial actions. I'm hard and and fast with no second chances but those actions are simply enforcing agreed and publically stated policies and practices. Most importantly, those policies and practices protect the clan.

Dictators won't be reading this thread. They take all the bonuses for themselves or their friends (and be too busy enforcing a meaningless donation/request ratio).
    Not all dictators are bad, there are many benevolent dictators and monarchs who take care of their people. Many mom and pop stores and small businesses run like this and there is nothing wrong with it. Run your clan as you see fit.

Point is, We are a bunch of people playing a game, keep management simple and fair. Donít introduce features that create conflict.

Bonus medals indeed can raise eyebrows. Its tough. Yet if handled right it can tighten the clan. Its a test. Do we allow others to be awarded without putting ourselves first? Last cwl i got full rewards on all my 4 accounts. I handed out the bonus medals without giving any to myself on either of my 4 accounts. Some more fellow-clanners followed and stated in chat they pass on it as well (when i announced it) and let others have it. Its a test. It CAN couse drama. Try to flip it.