Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awful war log

Awful war log

We used to win more than we lost and it was good enough for me. We donít put a lot of thought into our lineup, just spin with what we got every other day. Our problem is, with CWL, many of my clan mates have progressed their bases far beyond their skill level and we have nothing but a bunch of heavy 13ís warring in our main clan. We have plenty of 12 down in our second clan and I think I need to mix it up to get back on track. Iím not sure how we even got to this point. We used to run mixed lineups all the time. Likely this too is an effect of CWL.

What would be a more sensible lineup to try? How would the veterans of this sub forum portion out the town hall spread?

One opinion I would state before the details start to fly around..
    TH13 is still at an early stage of development, therefore there aint a great difference between 12 and 13 at the moment..
    So far as weight goes, they can still (loosly) be classed as the same (even tho a 13 will have extra power)..

How much hall spread are we talking..
    Is it 12/13, or mixed hall?

Right now we are running all 13ís. No spread. Getting it handed to us on the regular.
    Last edited by DOOM2U; March 9th, 2020 at 07:35 PM.

So, question, where does the problem lie? Are your members unable to get enough 3* attacks to win or are they having trouble even getting 2?
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 45/50/15 heroes
    TH12 - doug 50/57/28 heroes

Two stars isnít a problem. Just not hitting enough threes to keep up. Most wars are within a few stars but occasionally we get stomped. We are too casual for our heavy weight. We have members that have been here five years and are not going to consistently three star for us ever. Thatís why I think mixing it back up is the way to go. Iíll have to rotate 13ís a bit but the skill level to win running all th13ís escapes us. What Iím hoping to get is an idea of is a common breakdown of town halls. Is equal part of the top three town halls best or should there be more 12ís in the middle than 13ís above and 11ís below. What town hall breakdown puts us in the largest pool?

What size war? We run th13 down to 11 10v10 and 15v15 mostly for regular spins due to heroes down, real life, etc. Sometimes even a 10 at the bottom. Roughly 40/40/20 ratio and works fine.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

We are as likely to run a ten as a thirty and everything in between. It’s up an down depending on heroes and morale. 40/40/20 sounds worth a shot at least, thank you!
    Last edited by DOOM2U; March 10th, 2020 at 05:28 PM.

One thing I've noticed is that the all or nearly all TH13 clans tend to be high quality attackers. If your TH13s don't keep up with meta and constantly practice/build new war bases/etc they will get destroyed. Shifting your distribution should offer a larger range of opponent skill level, but you could also shift your expectations if you can't get your members to keep up their skill set.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 45/50/15 heroes
    TH12 - doug 50/57/28 heroes

That's exactly it. We have some great attackers but we also have some who do not keep up to date. Shifting expectations really isn't an option. We are losing too much to carry on this way. Change is needed. A larger range of opponent skill level is exactly what I seek.
    Last edited by DOOM2U; March 10th, 2020 at 05:29 PM.

Seems to me that maybe you need to take advantage of having that 2nd clan..
    Keep the war competent in one, and the casuals in the other..

I cant see how mixing a few 12s, or even a sprinkle of 11s into the mix will make a whole heap of difference, if they just arent up to it..

Casuals need to be drawing casuals, if an even contest is being sought..
    And casuals dont usually run heavy at all..
    they tend to be rushed, and run a deeper mixed hall..
    Max bases at the top, in my opinion, will stop that type of matching from being possible..

Maybe do what the engineers do..
    Decide on what weight/build type you wish to be drawing, then build a roster to provide that outcome.
    The top hall matching that often tends to occur makes picking an opponent type far easier than in the past..
    But running top heavy is going to match top heavy.. then anything below will simply be a makeweight lottery.

In my opinion, there are two ways to go..
    Either tight and top heavy, and the spins will give close wars, whereby the more skilful clan will win..
    Or engineer it, go lighter/lesser at the top, stretch it, and let the roster work its magic.