Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Spring Update!

Quote Originally Posted by xaboetje View Post
    Why do sneaky archers ruin the game. A sneaky archer attack takes skill. Because of the tie breaker you can only do spam attacks now. Little skill needed to drop all your pekka, loonium, or what ever spam attack you use. I think I quit playing bb because of this change
    As long as you arent at a stage where you are getting a lot of ties, it doesnt make that big a difference. I dislike the tiebreaker chosen for many reasons but ties are pretty rare for me on both accounts.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    As long as you arent at a stage where you are getting a lot of ties, it doesnt make that big a difference. I dislike the tiebreaker chosen for many reasons but ties are pretty rare for me on both accounts.
    I get a lot of ties. More then 50%. But now I will lose them all.

Speed is no sign of skill. Why not let the number of wins decide who wins. If you have less wins, you will win. Because if you have less wins you most likely have put less resources in your base and so its a bigger effort to tie a stronger base.

Ofcourse an exception must be made if both players are maxed.

Speed is no sign of skill. Why not let the number of wins decide who wins. If you have less wins, you will win. Because if you have less wins you most likely have put less resources in your base and so its a bigger effort to tie a stronger base.

Ofcourse an exception must be made if both players are maxed.
    Not disagreeing. If you are interested, here is a thread where all sorts of tiebreakers were debated. Not that any of us here have any power over what supercel does. We're just players.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...er-Base-Battle

On my max bh9, I dont play much except clan games. On my mini nearly maxed bh7, ties are also rare because I'm hitting 8s and 9s.

Sorry - you’ll never convince me that a mass SA attack takes great skill. It takes patience and a little math, but it’s not a skillful attack IMNSHO.

I‘ve come around a bit on the tiebreaker code since playing my lower level games and juicing games up. I’ve seen a gazillion ties - very irritating. That said....

One thing that is absolutely frosting my pop tart - losing a tie as an underdog. I have a new BH7 that is facing fully deployed BH9s with max troops. I get a 3-star, so does he. My time - 1:52...his - 1:42. It took me just 10 seconds longer to 3-star an opponent running a fully deployed game 2 levels higher than me and I lose the match?

Seems like there should be a 5-10 second handicap per level difference. Losing a match like that is majorly grumpifying.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Sorry - you’ll never convince me that a mass SA attack takes great skill. It takes patience and a little math, but it’s not a skillful attack IMNSHO.

I‘ve come around a bit on the tiebreaker code since playing my lower level games and juicing games up. I’ve seen a gazillion ties - very irritating. That said....

One thing that is absolutely frosting my pop tart - losing a tie as an underdog. I have a new BH7 that is facing fully deployed BH9s with max troops. I get a 3-star, so does he. My time - 1:52...his - 1:42. It took me just 10 seconds longer to 3-star an opponent running a fully deployed game 2 levels higher than me and I lose the match?

Seems like there should be a 5-10 second handicap per level difference. Losing a match like that is majorly grumpifying.
    Definitely agree on something like the handicap. My bh7 mini could use it for the few ties I get.

SC has announced our first sneak peek for the big spring update - the BB is getting some serious love and I am stoked!

1) No more troop training times.
    2) Battle Machine always ready to roll.
    3) Tiebreakers - Whoever has the most time left wins.
    4) Barracks under construction, army still ready.
    5) Clock Tower has longer cooldown but goes to 10X (vs 8X) and runs 14m-30m (vs 3m-11m).

It's like Christmas in March - that's most of the things we've been wanting to see. I think I am most excited about the instatroop feature. I absolutely despise waiting for troops to cook. I'm a bit on the fence about the tiebreakers though; I'm concerned too many players will go for the quickest attack strat and use more complex strats less frequently because, let's face it, if I run a 3m long custom attack only to tie and lose to a generic strat.... On the plus side, though, no more 3-star ties and the trickling of Sneaky Archers will carry a lot more risk.

What are your thoughts on this update? Overall, I think it's good stuff!
    1) troop training time was already short, especially with clock or potion boost.
    2) This is the same as the first answer. BM is always ready when troops finish. It's his AI that needs serious attention.
    3) Tie breaker is perfect. Hitting harder, faster is the correct answer. Sneaky archer trickle is a lazy cowardly attack.
    4) Also a good QOL improvement, but I can't remember how long the barracks upgrade took because it was maxed sooo many months ago.
    5) meh. Clock tower was fine before.
    • "...if I am able to go coach, I want to coach at one place. The University of Florida. It would be a travesty, it would be ridiculous to all of a sudden come back and get the feeling back, get the health back, feel good again and then all of a sudden go throw some other colors on my shirt and go coach. I don't want to do that. I have too much love for this university and these players and for what we've built." - Urban Meyer

Is not the fact that you need to know where you must place, how many and when you must place the archers a sign of skill? What is skill?
    What other army in bb takes more skill? Almost all is drop them on the correct place and hope for the best. Most attackers lose control of the attack after 10 seconds because they have spammed their compleet army.

Is not the fact that you need to know where you must place, how many and when you must place the archers a sign of skill? What is skill?
    What other army in bb takes more skill? Almost all is drop them on the correct place and hope for the best. Most attackers lose control of the attack after 10 seconds because they have spammed their compleet army.
    Every attack requires that you know where to drop a troop so it will attack a particular building. As to how many to drop to take down a building...that’s math. Or simply looking for one of the lists on the ‘net that gives you a building and the number. There is no skill to knowing it takes X number of SAs to take down building Y at full health.

Mass SAs requires patience, keeping an eye on the clock, knowing the numbers, and how to target. Those are skills and part of most attacks. However, I still maintain that it is not a skillful attack in and of itself as it lacks planning, tactics, and strategy.

A skillful attack would be a customized, kitchen sink style of attack. The kind where you take 4 or more different troops then use their individual strengths to defeat your opponent. SAs to clear the buildings on the outer perimeter; Bombers to open the base; Giants to tank; Cannon Carts to penetrate defenses; Battle Machine to clean up. This is a skillful attack - it has complexity, with each troop performing a certain function at a certain time in support of an overarching attack strategy.

There are many such attack strategies that take advantage of multiple troops contributing to the whole. Mass SAs is not one of them. Mass anything is not skillful. It’s just another spam attack - a more measured one to be sure, but not skillful.
    Last edited by Noctaire; April 1st, 2020 at 02:12 PM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Honestly, #1 is the best change. I will definitely be playing builder base more now.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes