Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No gold rune for gold pass

Quote Originally Posted by BentleyJ View Post
    I would imagine this is a revenue move by Supercell, testing limits of gemming. Possible it is correct a lix heavy update is coming, also possible a move to create anxiety to spend it more quickly. Much like how season end leads directly into CWL when it is difficult to put Royals down without gemming them back up. I would be less skeptical if CWL wasn't immediately after season end. Just an opinion and we shall know within 2 months.
    We already have elixir heavy upgrades to run - 10 levels on the Grand Warden, new lab and troop levels.... Assuming SC does as they have in the past, the Spring update will also upgrade more troops missed in the first release as well. Likewise, not everyone is at TH13 - lots of folks still working their way through lower TH levels that have even more elixir based upgrades (such as upgraded Army Camps). And don’t forget walls. Long made short - there are a ton of upgrades that will benefit from the Rune of Elixir.

It is not uncommon for rewards to shift. It just happened to be in the Runes this time.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

As said, just an opinion, based on trends I personally interpret. Why is CWL immediately after season ends do you think? They have data, I imagine this is data driven but I may very well be wrong. How quickly are you able to spend all that loot? And you mention how many can benefit from a rune...it is 2 runes and a ton of overflowing lix after end of season.
    Last edited by BentleyJ; March 6th, 2020 at 02:35 AM.

As said, just an opinion, based on trends I personally interpret. Why is CWL immediately after season ends do you think? They have data, I imagine this is data driven but I may very well be wrong. How quickly are you able to spend all that loot? And you mention how many can benefit from a rune...it is 2 runes and a ton of overflowing lix after end of season.
    Active players will have the Runes by the end of the second week of the season, so plenty of time to use them. Roughly a week will have passed since CWLs finished and it will still be a week or so to Clan Games as well. Books typically come before the Runes also, as do shop/trader offerings with more Books, so savvy players can easily pair these together for swift use, managing either Builders or the Lab.

Case in point - I still have 4 levels to go on my GW. At the end of next week (or thereabouts), I will have two Runes of Elixir and one Book of Heroes. I will use up saved resources to run one upgrade, Book the time, run a Hammer for a second upgrade, then use a Rune for the third level. Normally, I would have a second Book of Heroes (not this time around, unfortunately) that would enable me to run a fourth upgrade. (Maybe one will appear on the shop or trader at a good price.) With a little luck, the Spring update will drop before the Gold Pass expires; if so, I will no doubt have a troop/spell level or two that needs Elixir and I have a Book of Fighting and Spells I reserve already (plus what I get in this month’s Gold Pass).

For most players, I think, expensive Elixir upgrades are the hardest to complete due to army requirements (especially at higher levels). I can raid for gold all day but Elixir is a chore to gather. I suspect folks will have no problem at all finding a use for it....

Speaking to the revenue aspect of it...all these Runes and other magic items have reduced my spending needs dramatically. There was a time I would spend WAY too much each month on this game; now I am able to maintain all of my games with very little spend. It really comes down to resource management. Done well, you can progress rapidly and keep up with the Joneses at the top just fine.
    Last edited by Noctaire; March 6th, 2020 at 03:53 AM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Active players will have the Runes by the end of the second week of the season, so plenty of time to use them. Roughly a week will have passed since CWLs finished and it will still be a week or so to Clan Games as well. Books typically come before the Runes also, as do shop/trader offerings with more Books, so savvy players can easily pair these together for swift use, managing either Builders or the Lab.

Case in point - I still have 4 levels to go on my GW. At the end of next week (or thereabouts), I will have two Runes of Elixir and one Book of Heroes. I will use up saved resources to run one upgrade, Book the time, run a Hammer for a second upgrade, then use a Rune for the third level. Normally, I would have a second Book of Heroes (not this time around, unfortunately) that would enable me to run a fourth upgrade. (Maybe one will appear on the shop or trader at a good price.) With a little luck, the Spring update will drop before the Gold Pass expires; if so, I will no doubt have a troop/spell level or two that needs Elixir and I have a Book of Fighting and Spells I reserve already (plus what I get in this month’s Gold Pass).

For most players, I think, expensive Elixir upgrades are the hardest to complete due to army requirements (especially at higher levels). I can raid for gold all day but Elixir is a chore to gather. I suspect folks will have no problem at all finding a use for it....

Speaking to the revenue aspect of it...all these Runes and other magic items have reduced my spending needs dramatically. There was a time I would spend WAY too much each month on this game; now I am able to maintain all of my games with very little spend. It really comes down to resource management. Done well, you can progress rapidly and keep up with the Joneses at the top just fine.
    Keep me updated on how that works...do you benefit from Supercell by being a content creator? "Normally a 2nd book of heroes" but not now? "A little luck"? I do not mean this to attack but you are making a lot of assumptions. As my original reply said, in 2 months we can see how things drop and have a better idea of why things drop the way they do. I feel this move was made with data driven information to encourage gemming. Hope I am wrong...time will tell. Not flaming SC either, I spend about $100 a year on gems, they need to make a profit, just reading the tea leaves.
    Last edited by BentleyJ; March 6th, 2020 at 06:29 AM.

New Bloke/Chick
    I really don't understand why they would give two elixir runes. Some players need gold more, some need elixir more - giving 2 of one and 0 of the other is always guaranteed to be the wrong choice for a huge number of players. There should never be two of any rune unless it's dark elixir

Forum Elder
    ...How quickly are you able to spend all that loot?...
    Less than 2 minutes.

If you put a little thought into it & plan ahead, spending the end of season loot is not difficult. Blowing all your magic items, especially BoH, as soon as you get them is why you have issues with loot management.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    I really don't understand why they would give two elixir runes. Some players need gold more, some need elixir more - giving 2 of one and 0 of the other is always guaranteed to be the wrong choice for a huge number of players. There should never be two of any rune unless it's dark elixir
    Nonsense!

SC can put whatever they want into the Gold Pass. You are not, & never have been, under any obligation to buy what they offer.

Don't like the rewards? Keep your cash!

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    ... Normally, I would have a second Book of Heroes (not this time around, unfortunately) that would enable me to run a fourth upgrade. (Maybe one will appear on the shop or trader at a good price.) ...
    It's not even a maybe, there will be at least 1 book of heroes on sale in the store (maybe even 2) before the end of this pass...

Er I am full on DE, I need lix. Ergo DE Runes are useless to me. Surely just don’t buy the pass if it doesn’t provide you with the happy ending you need?

I can think of a number of reasons, runes of elixir are generally easier to use than runes of gold, because you have a lot more books with which they can be used, (book of fighting, spells and heros), while the rune of gold can only really be use with a book of building. As a maxed player if they release any more upgrades in the Lab chances are more likely that I'll have the books to use the runes there...

Also there are other paths to rewards during the course of a month, rewards from clan games, events, etc. So I wouldn't be overly surprised that we see some popping up.
    Also somehow your logic suggests that a double DE rune would be okay but a double regular elixir not??? Seriously DE is so much easier to get than elixir, for end game players, because of the cost of the warden, regular elixir is far more useful, I think I basically ran out of a need for DE runes less than a month after TH13 was launched...
    Last edited by Darkpye; March 6th, 2020 at 08:35 AM.