Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL, do some clans understand the meaning of fairplay?

CWL, do some clans understand the meaning of fairplay?

On the 23rd October 2018 "Clan War Leagues" was introduced fairly soon there were issues about matching and the answer was that this would sort itself out as clans found their league level.

18 months on....

Are some clans deliberately staying at lower levels to unbalance the league?

Last CWL a clan that was obviously strongest, by this I mean higher THs and winning early wars easily failed to win the last war against what had been the weakest clan, nearly every attack they did was just 1 star which I checked on Clash of Stat, same players as before and just 1 star.

What I see as the issue here is that CWL had the intention of every clan finding it's level but some clans are playing to stay at a low level, win 5 or 6 wars and lose 1 or 2 on purpose.

Is this Fairplay?

Could something be done that would encourage all clans to find their real level as opposed to "CWL engineer" their clan level?

I'm just interested in hearing other people's experience and what they think would be a solution. I think that higher up it's hard to manipulate the level so it's really the mid teams that will see this.

Keep Clashing

Some clans prefer to stay in the league where they win the majority of battles as opposed to being promoted into the next league where they spend the week getting lashed with a wet noodle 7 days straight for the demotion. I believe 2222 has suggested Supercell add more leagues to make the skill level jump a little less drastic.

Is it against the rules? No. Is it very sportsman like? In my opinion, no. The more fair way is to use a slightly weaker roster for all 7 wars to avoid taking first, rather than just throwing the last war, which messes up the competition for the others in the league.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Well, we started late, our first battle day just ended and the opponent clan had empty ccs and did not attack at all

But is it a fair play issue? The other clans don't have any disadvantages from this, do they? Quite the opposite: another clan gets a chance to be promoted to a higher league. Is that bad? I don't really see an issue with that.

In multiplayer you can also choose to trophy push or find a league where you can attack comfortably. I that a fair play issue as well? Not to me.
    Thank you very much to TerMinus Prime for this beautiful signature!

I play Hay Day and Clash of Clans.
    (English is not my first language. I'm sorry for any mistakes.)

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Is it against the rules? No. Is it very sportsman like? In my opinion, no. The more fair way is to use a slightly weaker roster for all 7 wars to avoid taking first, rather than just throwing the last war, which messes up the competition for the others in the league.

I wish we could but we are fielding all we have

Forum Superstar
    If clans deliberately lose to avoid being promoted, i think that's their right. They are not going to earn as many stars as in being in a higher league, so its win/lose in my opinion.

And besides, if your clan goes 6-1 and you lost to that clan, is there really a problem? You still won 6 wars, and if you were good enough you'd still get promoted anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    If clans deliberately lose to avoid being promoted, i think that's their right. They are not going to earn as many stars as in being in a higher league, so its win/lose in my opinion.

And besides, if your clan goes 6-1 and you lost to that clan, is there really a problem? You still won 6 wars, and if you were good enough you'd still get promoted anyway.
    I was referring to the clan that deliberately lost the last war, I thought that was pretty clear "but some clans are playing to stay at a low level, win 5 or 6 wars and lose 1 or 2 on purpose."

Hence the question about "Fairplay"

No, they understand how to get the most medals ... and they, just like SC, don't care about anything but that, unfortunately.... (well SC cares about champs 1 and ESL, that's where it stops)

Our clan recently started CWL-this is now our second. We started in Gold 3, which seems just about right for us.

Some of the clans in our group of 8 are clearly overpowering. Most of our members are matched against a TH 2 levels higher (TH 9 attacking TH 11, etc.) In those matches, we all just try to get one star to get some loot. Today we all attacked the same TH 13 with town hall in the corner. Everybody got 1 star each, they got 45 easy stars. We will each get about 900,000 each of gold and elixer loot when it is done.

Some other clans are about equal with us, give or take.

Not a lot of glory here in CWL Gold 3, but lots of good loot. And it is interesting to see the attack strategies we have never seen before. It's all OK.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher0029 View Post
    I was referring to the clan that deliberately lost the last war, I thought that was pretty clear "but some clans are playing to stay at a low level, win 5 or 6 wars and lose 1 or 2 on purpose."

Hence the question about "Fairplay"
    Again, that's their right to lose on purpose. "fairplay" is subjective. So my point is, you don't like it, but really, how is this affecting you?

It really doesn't. This isn't win trading or collusion, which it totally different.