Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL, do some clans understand the meaning of fairplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The rewards are always better if you can stay in the higher league. Even coming 7th will be better than 2nd in the league below.
    We take advantage of this fact with our low CWL. While many clans are complaining about being outmatched, we create a CWL specifically so we are fighting higher than we could push on our own.

Last CWL we did a first seeding and ended up in gold 3 and crushed everyone (won 6 of 7). This CWL we took everyone to a Crystal 3 clan, we are by far the weakest clan on paper but will end up winning 3 because we use far more attacks. We had the choice to use a Crystal 2 clan but might have ended up being demoted.

It's entirely possible in low Crystal for even TH7 to get their 8 stars, just have to lose the regular war mindset and focus on how the low players can aquire stars, whether it's taking outside TH, 50% one star, or holding off taking easy bases so the little ones can catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    just have to lose the regular war mindset
    That advice goes a long way toward a more enjoyable CWL for many reasons. A lot of the dissatisfaction expressed about CWL comes from a struggle with this concept.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

The rewards are always better if you can stay in the higher league. Even coming 7th will be better than 2nd in the league below.
    What rewards? Those 6 medals? Are you kidding me?
    Any idea what the rewards are of 6 war wins against no war wins at all?
    Let's say 2M gold + 2M elixer for a win. 4M 6 = 24M vs 30% of 24M. 6 wins gives you an extra 16,8M resources and an extra of 46.000 dark elixer. The 6 extra medals doesn't really feel like a reward if it means you miss almost 17M of resources.
    6 wins also means 6 extra players can be rewarded with bonus medals.
    Next to that. 6 wins feel more rewarding then losing all the time.
    Last edited by Mandurang; March 7th, 2020 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Adapt your play style etc
    Completely agree. And probably the reason or motivation for sandbagging: the lack of adaptation of the clan strategy for participation in CWL.

I mean if you go in with a focus on winning wars, like regular CW, you're most definitely hurting the clan overall. For a group of people it's probably a hard one to swallow, psychologically, that you'll eventually end up losing a lot of wars. It's a very widespread idea that success in CWL is measured in war wins. That's obviously the case in C and upper M, but the rest of us are basically farming medals. And medal output from CWL doesn't really have a whole lot to do with winning or losing.

Yea so playing with a suboptimal focus and poor clan strategy saves you from dealing with the cognitive dissonance arising from the fact that: losing is not bad in CWL.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    Let's say 2M gold + 2M elixer for a win. 4M 6 = 24M vs 30% of 24M. 6 wins gives you an extra 16,8M resources and an extra of 46.000 dark elixer. The 6 extra medals doesn't really feel like a reward if it means you miss almost 17M of resources.
    I have never considered resources in the slightest when warring, so no, I don't consider those to be "rewards" either. Only medals.

You are right of course about the extra bonuses for more wins, but those are only available to a few, not to everyone as the base medals are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    2nd or 3rd depending on tier is definitely the sweet spot. But everyone cant be there all the time. We started crystal 2, worked up to 1, got killed and dropped, then stayed in 2 where we were finishing between 5 and 3. Got stronger and went to one. Have been working out way up and looks like we'll go to masters 3 unless we just blow one of the next 2. I fully expect to get our heads handed to us and bounce back down. Rinse, repeat until we are strong enough to work through masters 3 and so on. We arent going to sandbag to stay in crystal 1 although we could. Resources are cheap. Giving it our best shot is not. Works for us.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

... It may still just about be mathematically possible for three teams to beat you but finish below you whenyou have lost all wars, but probably only by not attacking at all except against you, so getting 0-0 draws against each other.
    For each team that successfuly tanks, your clan moves up one. In the extreme case, all 7 teams only beat your clan while tanking against each other. Then it is mathamatically possible to have 7 losses and end up in first! Granted, that would happen only if very, very unlucky, or the other teams all colluded. I used the -11 as an example. Purposely don't capture 21 stars and you negate 2 prior wins fully with just one intentional loss.

Stars not wins: It allows for both easy win negation, and provides motive for collusion between two teams.
    Last edited by rowman; March 8th, 2020 at 06:38 AM.

New Bloke/Chick
    I have never considered resources in the slightest when warring, so no, I don't consider those to be "rewards" either. Only medals.

You are right of course about the extra bonuses for more wins, but those are only available to a few, not to everyone as the base medals are.
    I mostly agree that CWL rewards are all about the medals, but the difference in gold/elixir/DE between 5-6 wins in a lower bracket vs 0-1 wins in a higher bracket can really add up and start to matter. An extra 10-15 million gold/elixir and 30-40k DE is pretty huge especially for players who don't buy the gold pass

Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    I mostly agree that CWL rewards are all about the medals, but the difference in gold/elixir/DE between 5-6 wins in a lower bracket vs 0-1 wins in a higher bracket can really add up and start to matter. An extra 10-15 million gold/elixir and 30-40k DE is pretty huge especially for players who don't buy the gold pass
    It is a lot of resources..
    But when has war ever been about resources..
    The only reason it is even considered is because cwl is fought on 7 consecutive days, and pays double loot..

I am with Ajax on this one.. Resources are cheap.. Thats what multiplayer is for.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    It is a lot of resources..
    But when has war ever been about resources..
    The only reason it is even considered is because cwl is fought on 7 consecutive days, and pays double loot..

I am with Ajax on this one.. Resources are cheap.. Thats what multiplayer is for.
    Nice you agree with Ajax, but you may need to read a few posts back. The reward of CWL is medals and he stated:
    "The rewards are always better if you can stay in the higher league. Even coming 7th will be better than 2nd in the league below."
    That was the comparison made.
    I do not think the 6 extra medals are better than the extra loot you will have becoming 2nd in a lower tier. +bonus medals +the feeling of winning +better moral in the clan.