Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: CWL, do some clans understand the meaning of fairplay?

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    Nice you agree with Ajax, but you may need to read a few posts back. The reward of CWL is medals and he stated:
    "The rewards are always better if you can stay in the higher league. Even coming 7th will be better than 2nd in the league below."
    That was the comparison made.
    I do not think the 6 extra medals are better than the extra loot you will have becoming 2nd in a lower tier. +bonus medals +the feeling of winning +better moral in the clan.
    As we both agreed, we feel the loot is totally irrelevant.

I accept the bonus medals can make a difference, but not as much as the extra medals which everybody in the clan gets.

The last of your points is intangible (but very real). I agree that for many, those feelings are more important than the tangible rewards, but that wasn't the point at issue when I made the post.

I think those intangibles are the main reason some clans prefer to stay in a lower league than they could reach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

From a different viewpoint-In our clan, it's more about the loot than the medals. Most of us have heroes in the single digits and builders sitting on their sofas watching TV, so hammers and books do not mean as much as they might at higher levels. This time we won only one out of seven wars this CWL-same as last time. The difference between loot for losing and winning is a big deal for us.

But even though we lost six out of seven wars, we will not go down a league because 3 of the other clans stopped using all their attacks for the last 3 wars. But that's another story.

Anyway, one size does not fit all. That's what great about this game-we each get to choose the strategy that we want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by milomilomilo View Post
    From a different viewpoint-In our clan, it's more about the loot than the medals. Most of us have heroes in the single digits and builders sitting on their sofas watching TV, so hammers and books do not mean as much as they might at higher levels. This time we won only one out of seven wars this CWL-same as last time. The difference between loot for losing and winning is a big deal for us.

But even though we lost six out of seven wars, we will not go down a league because 3 of the other clans stopped using all their attacks for the last 3 wars. But that's another story.

Anyway, one size does not fit all. That's what great about this game-we each get to choose the strategy that we want to use.
    Fully agree with you too.. Your points are valid for your clan (as they are for Mandurang)..

i dont personally care about loot, as my accounts are slow cook for regular, plus I dont count the cost of war at all..
    I also dont care about winning or morale.. 13 out of 15 accounts are mine, and its only cwl.. Morale isnt even on the table for me..
    It isnt even the medals that keep me coming back each season, although they are the most important reward in my personal opinion..

I keep doing cwl simply to try and stay within my current tier, against all the odds..
    each season, I am becoming more and more outmatched so far as account weight goes..
    But 3 seasons now (maybe 4, but think 3) I survived simply by turning up each day..

Herries joined me this season with a max 10 to bolster up the weight (I usually carry 7x 9s), and together we are just about above water on day 6..
    But that simple challenge of staying in G1, despite being underweight, despite fitting attacks between 12 hour shifts and sleep..
    That is all the medicine I need..

the difference in opinion between most whom are posting in this thread is value/type of reward, so all is good..
    we are all farmers within the system, and simply harvesting a different crop.

I am suggesting to our clan that we lose battles and stay low.

There are clans that will push as high as they can go, but this only helps the top players. The rich get richer, and the poor will be poor forever, unable to catch up, never able to get CWL rewards.

Since winning is not important, the real goal is to get rewards to as many clan members as possible. By engineering the war so that everyone gets their 8 stars, we don't create a situation where lower players have no chance of ever getting rewards. Unless SC makes a change to help lower levels in the clan, this is the only practical solution.

Note: Currently, i think we are too high because our opponents are all TH11 to TH13. But, we have many TH8 to low TH10 players that have no chance vs TH11/12.
    Last edited by csb1024; March 31st, 2020 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by csb1024 View Post

There are clans that will push as high as they can go, but this only helps the top players. The rich get richer, and the poor will be poor forever, unable to catch up, never able to get CWL rewards.
    Sometimes, choices need to be taken due to the current state of the clan.. If you feel the clan has gone as far as it can, or circumstances change, then pushing is no longer a viable option.
    Am not so sure the bridge between tiers can never be spanned tho.. The basis of the game is to progress and improve, both with the account and playing ability..
    With current rate of account growth, those accounts should be able to push to where they can be a part of it very quickly if they are active players

Since winning is not important, the real goal is to get rewards to as many clan members as possible. By engineering the war so that everyone gets their 8 stars, we don't create a situation where lower players have no chance of ever getting rewards. Unless SC makes a change to help lower levels in the clan, this is the only practical solution.
    The cwl system is going into season 19.. That is a year and a half for clans to grow into it.. And bigger is always better in an unweighted system..
    There are a few ways of looking at it now, with a lower hall perspective in mind..
    You can continue as normal, and those too low to compete can gain 20% of a bigger total gained by the higher halls..

You can involve those lower halls, and they may get a bigger personal haul of medals, but at the expense of the clan not being competitive, so the clan as a whole may miss out..
    The lower the league, the lower the pay out.. It may be more beneficial to stay as high as comfortable..
    How does the bigger accounts feel about not even being able to buy a hammer at the end of the week?.. Minimum finish position for a hero hammer is 4th in Gold 1..
    How low do you expect to have to drop in order to include those 8s or lower?.. They would struggle in Gold from my experience..
    You could spend your 3m gold and spawn a mini clan for the lowers.. All it would need then is a donation base to hop across to feed them.[/QUOTE]

Note: Currently, i think we are too high because our opponents are all TH11 to TH13. But, we have many TH8 to low TH10 players that have no chance vs TH11/12.
    If you are already too high, then your first dilemma is already present.. How to drop..
    There are sandbagging clans in most middle/lower tier groups, so in order to be demoted, your activity needs to be less that them..

In my last clan, we decided to tank from Crystal 2 in the early days..
    It took 2 seasons of very few medals to do so.. 2 months of no return from cwl..
    First attempt, there were 2 clans more determined than us.. 2nd attempt, we wrote the week off.

My thoughts are that one does cwl where comfortable..
    It is an unweighted system, so obviously will discriminate a little towards lower accounts..
    SC only puts the framework in place.. It is up to individual clans how they use it.. They should not be responsible for ensuring any size account can be guaranteed a hit, only make a system where they can be included if the clan wishes to include it..
    They included a 20% of total medal pay day to any that is enrolled and doesnt make the daily roster.. IMO that was put in place to cover those accounts that arent ready for the actual action..
    It is what it is.. And people need to do what they need to do.. Choice is a wonderful thing.

My clan would quit. That sounds really boring. We have much more fun trying to push as high as we can and we get more medals for it too. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it sounds like no fun to me. Your top 15-20 players not only don't get the fun of trying to win, they get less medals for their efforts.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    My clan would quit. That sounds really boring. We have much more fun trying to push as high as we can and we get more medals for it too. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying it sounds like no fun to me. Your top 15-20 players not only don't get the fun of trying to win, they get less medals for their efforts.
    CWL splits clans. If the clan pushes up to the TH12/13 level, the lower forts need to find another clan. It will be years before the lower forts catch up and can contribute. If the clan drops levels, then upper forts may quit the clan.

CWL splits clans. If the clan pushes up to the TH12/13 level, the lower forts need to find another clan. It will be years before the lower forts catch up and can contribute. If the clan drops levels, then upper forts may quit the clan.
    Some clans, yes. My own clan sticks together, though we do give bonus packs to those not in war so that helps. I do wish SC would create a way to link two clans so that there is a 2nd chat tab to replace the old global one which would be a cross-clan chat where you also could donate. Players could move between clans and not lose donation ratios or elder status (not sure about co). That would be a fun way to divide up for CWL. I think we would create a second clan if that ever happens and keep that second clan going.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

1 year. Start to near max 10. 10s can be useful in crystal 1 30v30. 15, need to be lower. Find your level though. Sometimes its takes tanking. We did it. To get to a spot we could go all out and have reasonable success for all our players.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    1 year. Start to near max 10. 10s can be useful in crystal 1 30v30. 15, need to be lower. Find your level though. Sometimes its takes tanking. We did it. To get to a spot we could go all out and have reasonable success for all our players.
    Thats true, even in my clan, we try to be as inclusive to all as possible, but sometimes it may come down to prioritizing upper town halls because the clan is in a high league for cwl.
    Check out my channel: click here