Thread: bug or bad luck?

Fresh Spawn

bug or bad luck?

see the video..https://youtu.be/IPBXAk3VmW0
    it never happen to me (I'm lev 225 with about 2000 war stars), so I wonder if it's normal that the warden has left the queen in that way, considering that:
    • the warden is in ground mode
    • there are no other ground troop except the queen

It always been my belief (also from experience) that a warden on ground mode just ignore any air troop, but it would seem that if there are no air troop to heal he will also follow the air troops (letting the queen alone e causing a fail to me).
    What do you think?

Fresh Spawn
    if there are no GROUND troop to heal he will also follow the air troops..

Warden doesnt heal troops and his mode doesnt change the whay he follow troops.

Fresh Spawn
    ok my fault, the warden doesnt properly heal troop but he grants additional health to them (in this sense I wrote heal)..and this change the way he follow the troops. I would have expected him to follow the queen

Just to clarify firstly, the 'mode' the Warden is on, only affects what defences can hit him.
    If he is on Ground mode, he will be hit by cannons, ground bombs, and any ground attack troops.
    If he is on Air mode, he can be hit by air defences, air mines
    (Obviously Archer Towers and Enemy Queen will hit him either way!)

So, the reason to put him on Air, is if he is behind a group of flying troops (so Hounds/loons etc will 'tank' for him)

Regardless of his setting, he will follow the largest 'concentration' of troop space (but we don't know exacrly how that is worked out!)
    For more info, do have a read of the Clash Wiki:
    https://clashofclans.fandom.com/wiki/Grand_Warden

In particular:

He will follow the troop with the highest housing space or the largest mass of troops, so bunching up troops with the Grand Warden is crucial to getting the most out of his abilities.

Fresh Spawn
    Thanks Skywalker, now I understand. I had always thought that warden 'mode' influenced also the troops that he preferably follows, I was wrong, and after years I learned one new thing, I didn't believe!