Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What's in a mini balance?

Quote Originally Posted by TerMinus Prime View Post
    I dont think it is needed..I have not been 3 starred by it ,nor I got a 3 star using it(both spam attacks).
    Maybe change your village layout?

I never said they were OP and getting consistent 3*, I did mistakenly use the word “nerf” which I don’t even like, I think using the “OP and nerf” words are way over exaggerated, what I should have said is “balanced”.
    In my opinion the yeti could be better balanced to fall in line with other troops. It is stronger than most and therefore being used more often than others.
    My bases don’t often get 3* by anything, when they do it is generally from a well planned and executed attack, whether that be a hybrid, lalo or yeti attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Why do you believe they may have done that?

And what "reason" would you want for this minor balance update".
    A couple of things made me think this: 1. A Friday update is very unusual. 2. There were concerns voiced by others when an update took place in the middle of CWL. 3. There was no advance notice or explanation. 4. Anoushka posted the news without explanation which is also unusual. 5.The update was big enough to require erasing of the replays. I would expect that to happen during the quarterly update which is likely to happen later this month rather than now. I have no inside information and this purely my thoughts based upon SuperCell history.

As to the reason.The modest increase in the power of spring traps and bomb towers were clearly done to affect some part of ground attacks. I am curious as to why. The miniscule nerfing of level 16 and 17 cannons must have been done for a very specific reason Otherwise why bother with a less than 1% reduction in DPS? I am curious as to that.

Anoushka asked for comments. These are mine.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
    A couple of things made me think this: 1. A Friday update is very unusual. 2. There were concerns voiced by others when an update took place in the middle of CWL. 3. There was no advance notice or explanation. 4. Anoushka posted the news without explanation which is also unusual. 5.The update was big enough to require erasing of the replays. I would expect that to happen during the quarterly update which is likely to happen later this month rather than now. I have no inside information and this purely my thoughts based upon SuperCell history.

As to the reason.The modest increase in the power of spring traps and bomb towers were clearly done to affect some part of ground attacks. I am curious as to why. The miniscule nerfing of level 16 and 17 cannons must have been done for a very specific reason Otherwise why bother with a less than 1% reduction in DPS? I am curious as to that.

Anoushka asked for comments. These are mine.
    It is only a very minor balancing update. Any balancing update at all will always wipe replays, no matter how small, because the stats will change, so the results would not be consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Elder
    Will be surprised if they don’t do more to show air attacks some love with the upcoming update. Is anyone seeing any air attacks? Have already noted the vast majority of attacks against my bases are yeti based with a few hog/miner. Do have two edrag variants showing, but zero laloon attacks. Can’t even remember the last loon attack vs my base. Think air needs some love?

TH13...level 251...70/70/50/20...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 41 mil...atb 6032

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #65
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonatore View Post
    Will be surprised if they don’t do more to show air attacks some love with the upcoming update. Is anyone seeing any air attacks? Have already noted the vast majority of attacks against my bases are yeti based with a few hog/miner. Do have two edrag variants showing, but zero laloon attacks. Can’t even remember the last loon attack vs my base. Think air needs some love?
    I fknd edrags to be probably the safest 2 star army in legends when I have a hero down, so I use it quite iften, and see it against me reasonably often too.

But that is the only air strategy I see often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
    5.The update was big enough to require erasing of the replays.
    thats pretty standard. I was thinking about this and it’s probably already been said before , but replays are possibly stored as a string of events to the nearest millisecond which can be replayed by remembering the co-ordinates and times you do things on the screen. (Deploy troop, hero, spell, activate ability etc), then the game AI just replays the activity. If the characteristics of offence and defence have changed it can’t replay the attack as it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonatore View Post
    the vast majority being yeti based?, you don’t say.............. who would’ve thunk it..........