Thread: Like / dislike button on forum posts

Like / dislike button on forum posts

This is not a feature request for the game, actually, but for the forums here. Why not have a like or dislike button, thumbs up / down kind of thing (like youtube for instance) that count like votes. I notice many users have read the posts, but only few have replied. I know many times I'll read an idea and not like it but don't want to or have time to reply. A quick click like a voting system can show overall feelings of an idea. Not sure if the forums can be programmed like that, but at least the icons are here lol. Any thoughts?

There was a dislike feature but it was removed due to problems with health of this forum.

negative reputation removal
    Last edited by wotanwaton; February 26th, 2020 at 06:37 PM.

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    This probably belongs in Forum Talk. If you like the post, give the person reputation (tap the six-sided star on the bottom-left of their post), then your positive feelings will track to the person instead of the individual post.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra57 View Post
    This is not a feature request for the game, actually, but for the forums here. Why not have a like or dislike button, thumbs up / down kind of thing (like youtube for instance) that count like votes. I notice many users have read the posts, but only few have replied. I know many times I'll read an idea and not like it but don't want to or have time to reply. A quick click like a voting system can show overall feelings of an idea. Not sure if the forums can be programmed like that, but at least the icons are here lol. Any thoughts?
    The reputation system is how you like a post. The forum used to allow you to give negative reputation but that was removed because it was discouraging too many new members from posting or sticking around the forums. It was toxic time in those days, lot of bullying and ganging up on comments for no reason. It's a much healthier forum without negative reputation
    TH13 | BK 65 | AQ 68 | GW 39 | RC 6

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra57 View Post

If you like an idea, do you like it enough to give it slightly more time that it took to read?

If yes, then reply, say why you like it and why it will improve the game. This causes the thread to rise back to the top where others will see it more.

If you don't like it, do nothing, and it will sink into the archives.