Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: live emoji at war

1. The value would be to allow clanmates to help you during a war, and also cheer you on as you attack.

2. Yes, I actually would like to see everyone rooting for us as we do our massive push. It would help alot as both advice and encouraging you to do the best you can possibly do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgey View Post
    1. The value would be to allow clanmates to help you during a war, and also cheer you on as you attack.
    In which universe do emojis during your attack help you?

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    In which universe do emojis during your attack help you?
    This one, where people can cheer each other on, causing this strange mental reaction called "motivation," which makes people determined to succeed, rather than just feel like doing the same thing over and over again then getting bored, causing more failure due to loss of interest and lack of attention, where emojis can help show who is rooting for you, making you feel that you must win this attack for your clan.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    This was ruled out, but I have an idea to fix it.

Here are some precautions that could be put into use:
    -Emojis can be disabled from a very visible place.
    -Do not include emojis that could be used for taunting, Ex: ��, ��, ��, ��, ��, ��.
    -Following the previous one, use ones that spread positive messages, or advice, Clash modified of course, Ex: ��,⚠️,��,��,��,⬆️,➡️,⬇️,⬅️, .
    -Emojis should appear at the very top of the screen where the names are, enemy emojis inbetween the enemy name and timer, clan emojis inbetween the loot gained and timer.
    That doesn't work in CR. Most of the emotes appear positive in CR, but are not used that way.

And a lot of it spilled over into the forums too. A lot of the discussion was about "BM" (Bad Manners), as if this was a perfectly normal and acceptable part of a game, and those same bad manners were often shown in the forums as well.

Though it really wouldn't work outside of Builder Base anyhow, since as toofinedog says, it isn't actually live in main base.
    Last edited by Ajax; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

One of the reasons (among many) I quit the game CR was because of the emotes. I found it extremely childish and annoying, I certainly wouldn't want them to bring that to COC, it would be a huge step backward imo.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Forum Champion
    This one, where people can cheer each other on, causing this strange mental reaction called "motivation," which makes people determined to succeed, rather than just feel like doing the same thing over and over again then getting bored, causing more failure due to loss of interest and lack of attention, where emojis can help show who is rooting for you, making you feel that you must win this attack for your clan.
    You can't motivate someone during a CoC attack. The troops can't hear you or see emotes and the player can only deploy a fixed number. There are limited options for a player during attack. If it goes according to plan, none are needed. Of things go pear shaped, a player won't be assisted by emotes.

Motivation during play works with crowds, team sports, endurance events and sports like tennis when potentially endless choices are available. It doesn't work in golf. Which to you think is more like a CoC attack ?

You can hype a person in chat. Don't you ever read the chat after your attacks ?

Emotes in CoC are pointless and would be distracting.

Annoying emoji spam would totally make me uninstall this game after kicking everyone posting that garbage during my war attack.

Welcome
    To
    Finland -> discord.gg/84YVXyh

I don't like using/seeing emojis at all. I just can't take message/text seriously when emojis are used.

I already have disabled emotes in Clash Royale. They were only thing that make me quit the game untill they added mute feature.

Emotes in Clash of Clans would be very bad idea. They are already distributing in CR. Imagine how distracting they would be in CoC.

No, just no.

And the "solution" of offering a setting to turn them off is a waste of space on the setting screen. We don't need "yet another button".

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal View Post
    🧐🤔😬🙄🤦♥♀️🙏👎
    Interesting point. At least on the forum and in CR you know who is spamming emotes looking for a good time.
    Last edited by OzAudi; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:41 AM.