Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mis-matched in war

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    I would agree with this to a point, a percentage win was a close war, but one side definitely has an advantage.

Take a 10 base war, with th 12&13's, side A is 3/7 bd, side B is 4/7. Both clans are stratigic in assignment of attacks.
    Clan A dips 6 attacks for triples on the 12's, 12's hit up for 2, clan B dips 8 hits for triples 12's hit up for 2, clan with more 13's wins.

The only way clan A can win is if they get more even level th triples, or clan A fails on dips, which comes down to a skill determined outcome.

Yes the outcome of the war was close, but going into war day, clan B did have the advantage on paper.

But now if the clans had 7/3 and 8/2 bd's the match on paper will be significantly more balanced, since both sides have ample attacks to hit low, with out crippling the offence needed to hit across the board higher in the map with 13 VS 13 hits, still has a skill factor just not as pronounced.
    I assume you mean 4/6 in your second paragraph?

Regardless, one side generally always has a TH advantage. The MM doesn't match purely on townhalls, so this is inevitable. It does not make it a complaint level mismatch. We go round and round about this every time someone yells mismatch based purely on TH numbers. Further, simply knowing that one side had +1 Th13 and a TH6 at the bottom tells us very little, certainly not enough to determine mismatch.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; February 26th, 2020 at 08:27 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Despite the lower end if that's a mismatch itll get cleaned up regardless, the problem is when you have a mismatch at the top no one can clean those up... but its certified that they will get more percentage or even 3 star you if they are a th13 with the extra fire power against a th12... I'm in a war today 2 th13 vs 5 th13... yes some of them are rushed but you still have things in place you wouldnt face if u was fighting a th12... completely unfair and takes the fun out of the game! If you want to check it out clan is "LRT" for those wishing for details in terms of levels and heroes... their top 2 can clean up 4 of our top bases and they still have 6 th13 attacks left... ITS JUST ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ SUPERCELL SORT IT, I SPEND MONEY ON THIS ♥♥♥♥!

Quote Originally Posted by Wag1everyone View Post
    Despite the lower end if that's a mismatch itll get cleaned up regardless, the problem is when you have a mismatch at the top no one can clean those up... but its certified that they will get more percentage or even 3 star you if they are a th13 with the extra fire power against a th12... I'm in a war today 2 th13 vs 5 th13... yes some of them are rushed but you still have things in place you wouldnt face if u was fighting a th12... completely unfair and takes the fun out of the game! If you want to check it out clan is "LRT" for those wishing for details in terms of levels and heroes... their top 2 can clean up 4 of our top bases and they still have 6 th13 attacks left... ITS JUST ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ SUPERCELL SORT IT, I SPEND MONEY ON THIS ♥♥♥♥!
    Try clan tag. There are more than 10 lrt clans.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Wag1everyone View Post
    If you post your clan tag people here can look into it and give some advice.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Let me just share the roster breakdown as accurately as I can:

My clan:

3 TH13s (1x near max, BK 69, 1x near max, GW 45, RC 10, and 1x mid max, GW 48, RC 18, mostly lava walls)
    3 TH12s (all max except walls)
    2 TH11s (1x max, 1x mid max, BK 46, mostly lava walls)
    2 TH10s (both max)

Opponent's clan:

4 TH13s (3x max, 1x near max, BK 65)
    2 TH12s (1x max, 1x near max, BK 58)
    2 TH11s (1x near max, BK 44, 1x mid max, BK 27, AQ 37, GW 12)
    1 TH10 (max)
    1 TH6 (barely upgraded)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post

My clan:

3 TH13s (1x near max, BK 69, 1x near max, GW 45, RC 10, and 1x mid max, GW 48, RC 18, mostly lava walls)
    2 TH10s (both max)

Opponent's clan:

1 TH10 (max)
    1 TH6 (barely upgraded)
    Unfortunately, both clans have a closed log, so unable to view the war..
    Highlighting and viewing the oppo "page" tho, they dont seem to use the same break down as a fixed roster.. So either they are looking for favour, or spinning with what they have available lower down to make up the numbers.

That mid max 11 looks more likely to be key to the match tho than anything else..
    Heroes seem to have influence over the spin, more so since they weigh both in defence and attack.. And he has a th9 King and a th10 Queen..
    That 6 may milk the weights a little, but it is difficult to suggest it caused a favourable swing.. Just seems a throw away base..

I use 7x 9s to top my roster looking for effect.. My bottom base is a 5 in 15v.. My 9s dont carry bows (actually my #1 has 1 maxed now and 2nd dropped..
    But I still tend to match 7x 9s, complete with bows, even tho the bows are the heaviest defence at 9.. They simply tend to carry lower heroes to compensate..

As 2222 says, roster engineering is difficult with this MMA.. It is as likely to draw rushers (engineering is strategic rushing) as a lesser sized maxer now..
    Your maxed roster just seems to have been unlucky that the MMA saw your numbers (and break down) as similar enough to match I guess.. And your maxed (for hall) state will likely prevent a match with anyone that isnt predominantly maxed for hall, or close to it.

Fine margins.. Can make all the difference.
    Your war log is still mighty impressive Yachi.. Nice one.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; February 27th, 2020 at 11:40 AM.

My clan:

2 TH10s (both max)

Opponent's clan:

1 TH10 (max)
    1 TH6 (barely upgraded)
    I would think you should replace the 3rd TH13 and 1 max 12 with 2 low fillers and see how you go.

Ok, any idea how's my clan keep facing extra th 11 on opponent sides(mixed between having eagle or having decent warden) In last 7 wars(incl the one we started today) we got 4 clan with th 11 on their side. We're lucky the last clan we facing stop attacking not sure why.

Our clan tag: #RGLP9QGV

Quote Originally Posted by ilhard View Post
    Ok, any idea how's my clan keep facing extra th 11 on opponent sides(mixed between having eagle or having decent warden) In last 7 wars(incl the one we started today) we got 4 clan with th 11 on their side. We're lucky the last clan we facing stop attacking not sure why.

You are maxer..
    You have used the same roster for ages..
    How many, if any of those 10s are perma max?.. You seem very proficient at hitting 10s, so suggests they are experienced th10 players..
    You stretch your roster.. With 20% of your roster being merely filler..

Now put those statements together..
    Being maxer naturally runs the risk of being outmatched with the war spin, because everything gets dropped.. And anything dropped is counted towards the roster war weight..
    You run with a stretched roster, so this opens up the potential opponents to run with basically anything between those base sizes, plus a little leeway for MMA tolerance.. So long as the weights add up, and the top end is within tolerance on the "hall matching" side, it will match you.. Always be aware that running with a max base at the top runs the risk of matching "next hall up".. This is common, otherwise folk would simply run perma max, and could never be at disadvantage..
    Inn order for a clan to have a perceived advantage at the top, they need to be either in a more rushed state, or be suffering badly elsewhere on the roster.. The combined weights of the 2 rosters will align, according to the MMA, even if its hard to distinguish it when viewing.

Without a more detailed look at each account, there aint much other than a generalised view that can be given.. But those generalised views can go a long way in assisting folk with their problems..
    If you wish to avoid those 11s, dont run with max bases till you reach top hall..
    If you want a "fair", hall parity war, dont stretch the roster, and keep more or less even numbers of each hall number, or go top heavy..

A randomised roster will give a random spin result..

Oh.. And a clan that suddenly stops attacking is usually a sign of a very casual clan.. If its the one you only left one star on the board, they simply decided they had already lost, so gave up.

My clan:

2 TH10s (both max)

Opponent's clan:

1 TH10 (max)
    1 TH6 (barely upgraded)
    I doubt the th6 made any difference at all. Unless something has changed very recently, it seems doing that is usually pretty much ignored or at best increases the chance of matching a defenseless base on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by ilhard View Post

If you go to war with max th10s as your top accounts, you are going to occasionally match th11s. Unless the other clan also has full max th10s, you would get an advantage matching th10s. Most clans don't do perma-maxing. There aren't that many full max th10s because as soon as they are max they move to th11 (or even before that). It wouldn't be "even" for the matchmaker to simply match halls for a clan like yours who would then almost always have an advantage (not to mention it would encourage perma-maxing, something SC doesn't want encouraged).

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.