Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Mis-matched in war

Mis-matched in war

Is anyone else having issues with mismatches in war? Twice in a row my clan has been mismatched: 3 TH13s vs 4 TH13s. None are rushed, well maybe one of ours. Iíve reached out to supercell twice and they refuse to comment. I stated that they would have 2 extra attacks with a TH13 which is an unfair advantage. Thoughts?

What you failed to state was the entire lineup in the war. Surely it is not a "4v3" war.

Matching is by "total weight". Even then, it is not an absolute match, they must allow some leeway (within +/-), else matching could in many cases, take a very, very long time. And matching is never a "one to one mapping", pitting each TH x agaist a peer TH. So yes, they can have a TH 13 in the 4th spot, while you have a lesser TH in that same spot.

What are the full rosters for both sides?
    Last edited by rowman; February 25th, 2020 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpmarquez28 View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with mismatches in war? Twice in a row my clan has been mismatched: 3 TH13s vs 4 TH13s. None are rushed, well maybe one of ours. I’ve reached out to supercell twice and they refuse to comment. I stated that they would have 2 extra attacks with a TH13 which is an unfair advantage. Thoughts?
    With the amount of information you provide here there is no way we can determine if there is a mismatch. Hero levels, defense levels, rest of the roster, etc is all needed to make a determination. Have a read through this: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...AQ-Matchmaking
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    What you failed to state was the entire lineup in the war. Surely it is not a "4v3" war.

Matching is by "total weight". Even then, it is not an absolute match, they must allow some leeway (within +/-), else matching could in many cases, take a very, very long time. And matching is never a "one to one mapping", pitting each TH x agaist a peer TH. So yes, they can have a TH 13 in the 4th spot, while you have a lesser TH in that same spot.

What are the full rosters for both sides?
    Matching by total weight is a flaw in itself. This simply encourages roster engineering, and it is still prevalent to this day. Wars are won at the top half of the roster, especially so in smaller sized wars. That extra TH13 is all it takes to tip the balance in their favour.

Quote Originally Posted by mpmarquez28 View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with mismatches in war? Twice in a row my clan has been mismatched: 3 TH13s vs 4 TH13s. None are rushed, well maybe one of ours. I’ve reached out to supercell twice and they refuse to comment. I stated that they would have 2 extra attacks with a TH13 which is an unfair advantage. Thoughts?
    I agree one hall off when it is the top hall can make a big difference, but it is tough to say whether this is a mismatch without knowing more. Also, unlike the old days the top hall these days can be 3 starred, so you still can win.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Matching by total weight is a flaw in itself. This simply encourages roster engineering, and it is still prevalent to this day. Wars are won at the top half of the roster, especially so in smaller sized wars. That extra TH13 is all it takes to tip the balance in their favour.
    It isn't just total weight though. The old days of just filling low weight at the bottom to get an advantage up top no longer works like then.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I agree one hall off when it is the top hall can make a big difference, but it is tough to say whether this is a mismatch without knowing more. Also, unlike the old days the top hall these days can be 3 starred, so you still can win.

It isn't just total weight though. The old days of just filling low weight at the bottom to get an advantage up top no longer works like then.
    I agree that there is some improvement from back then, but more work needs to be done. We just got off a war that had a TH6 at the bottom, while they had an extra TH13 at the top. Their TH13s are almost completely maxed, some with maxed heroes. Good enough to tip the balance in their favour in a 10 pax war. We lost on percentage.

I agree that there is some improvement from back then, but more work needs to be done. We just got off a war that had a TH6 at the bottom, while they had an extra TH13 at the top. Their TH13s are almost completely maxed, some with maxed heroes. Good enough to tip the balance in their favour in a 10 pax war. We lost on percentage.
    TH13 is still in its infancy.. Even max ATM is only part of what it will eventually become, since there are further updates yet to be dropped..
    A TH13 basically weighs the same as a TH12 at the jump, since there is only minimal weight addition for the GI level 1..
    In time, a clan that expects placing a 6 at the bottom of the roster, and calling it engineering, is going to be very disappointed, since that 6 will bring in almost no weight with which to distort the war weight balancing..
    The remaining bases will likely pull similar opposition with or without him, since the differential is so great.. You cant gain an extra max 13 by using a th6 weight alone.. It can only occur dependant on the full roster variables.

Their next draw may well find that clan simply carrying a dead base at the bottom of their roster, but no extra firepower at the top..
    Dependant on the roster break down of their next opponents of course.

Time, and more update drops will be required before 13 outgrows 12 enough for it to make a decisive difference to the spin, so far as match weight goes..

Are you trying to claim that because they had a TH6 at the bottom the MM gave them an extra 13? Honestly, if the war was lost on percentage it sounds like a decent matchup.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 50/50/20 heroes

I doubt the th6 is why they got an extra th13. That used to work, but doesn't seem to work anymore. Even when it did work, it took more than just one low account to do it.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Are you trying to claim that because they had a TH6 at the bottom the MM gave them an extra 13? Honestly, if the war was lost on percentage it sounds like a decent matchup.
    I would agree with this to a point, a percentage win was a close war, but one side definitely has an advantage.

Take a 10 base war, with th 12&13's, side A is 3/7 bd, side B is 4/7. Both clans are stratigic in assignment of attacks.
    Clan A dips 6 attacks for triples on the 12's, 12's hit up for 2, clan B dips 8 hits for triples 12's hit up for 2, clan with more 13's wins.

The only way clan A can win is if they get more even level th triples, or clan A fails on dips, which comes down to a skill determined outcome.

Yes the outcome of the war was close, but going into war day, clan B did have the advantage on paper.

But now if the clans had 7/3 and 8/2 bd's the match on paper will be significantly more balanced, since both sides have ample attacks to hit low, with out crippling the offence needed to hit across the board higher in the map with 13 VS 13 hits, still has a skill factor just not as pronounced.
    Last edited by Warios; February 26th, 2020 at 03:29 PM.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210